• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Threat Solutions UCR

pj150

NES Member
Just purchased this IWB holster for small frame glock. Is it just me or does it seem like these kydex holsters are alot of cash for just some molded plastic?

Also, does anyone know how I can make it hold the gun a bit tighter? It does hold decent and easy to draw from. When flipped 180 degrees it's ok but it does slide out if you shake it upside down with little resistance. I know the trick on making it looser with the hairdryer but I don't think there is a way to make it clamp down a bit more. It's fine the way it is but I would feel alot better if it held in tight. I'll try to ask the makers if there is a way if people here can't offer any suggestions.

Besides that it's small and comforatble. Hide extremely well for me with a untucked shirt. I would have preferred it to be tuckable but I can't complain for the price.

Not familiar with that brand of holster, however all good quality Kydex holsters have a way to adjust the tension of hold on the gun.

Kydex is expensive, because it's not plastic. It's a much better material than plastic, much stronger so the holster can be made slimmer, and can mold more accurate than plastic.

I use Kydex holsters exclusively. As a matter of fact, I just purchased my third C-Tac holster from Comp-Tac for my new handgun. As with the other 2 holsters for different guns, the quality and attention to detail in these holster, and the OUTSTANDING customer service will keep me coming back to them for ALL my holster needs.

Adam

Kydex IS plastic

Adam_MA said:
Kydex is expensive, because it's not plastic. It's a much better material than plastic, much stronger so the holster can be made slimmer, and can mold more accurate than plastic.
Kydex is a type of plastic - or at least the Kydex corporation www.kydex.com thinks so. If you visit their web site, you'll see holsters under the "miscellaneous applications."

Technology has come a long way since the days of bakelite when "plastic" was indicative of cheap construction (the comment from The Graduate was almost prophetic). Even today, some marketeers fail to understand this and insist on implying their material isn't plastic, calling the plastic frame of a gun a "space age polymer", or using a fancy brand name which avoids using the "P word."

If you call a dog's leg a tail, the dog still has four legs (assuming it has not been in a terrible accident). If you call Plastic by a fancy name, it's still plastic.

My mistake... I should have qualified my statement with something like..

Unlike the ABS plastic used in the Fobus style holsters, Kydex is a High performance thermoplastic sheet for thermoforming, which give you the following benefits...

Thanks for the correction Rob.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom