• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Threading a barrel for a muzzle brake.

Dave Santurri is the guy you want.

Santurri, Ltd.
580 Kelley Blvd.
No. Attleboro, MA 02760
401-726-1310
[email protected]
www.santurriltd.com

They do make them threaded, most are threaded. Is this for an existing rifle or did you literally end up with a spare M&P 10 barrel?

If you are trying to thread, pin, and weld, I would definitely not be going this route with an M&P 10 because of the various proprietary parts - one benefit of these rifles is S&W lifetime support, once you weld a break on there you lose that ability.

Whats the cost differential in paying for a thread job and brake vs a barrel already threaded ?

There is something different about an M&P 10 barrel extension and bolt, such that you can't just go changing to anyone's barrel without some real fancy footing (has been done, search around you will see examples)..

So in short you gotta buy an S&W barrel. One place online I just looked at sells their parts but a barrel isn't one of them. Maybe, probably unlikely, S&W will sell you one but I bet it's cost prohibitive if so - at least for the special contoured 18 inch..

If I was in a free state I'd get off that proprietary platform before I dumped $$ making a lifetime warranty moot, keep it for what it is or sell it, get an Aero M5 put together and modify to your heart's content.. or in a ban state similarly I'd be happy with it or would sell it and similarly get a platform that is flexible to modifying - ie if you had a DPMS based rifle you could have a few uppers for it...

With an M&P 10 you are kinda stuck, upside is you are backed by their service and they are good quality but downside is they are NFG for customization.

if the barrel shoots well i would not F with it, as you can easily end up tweeking the barrel harmonics such that one loses performance

Back
Top Bottom