• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Threaded barrels? Go or No Go?

Naz

I'm looking in to a new barrel for my Ruger 10/22, are threaded barrels ok if they have a muzzle break. I would not be breaking any AWB laws. it has no pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible stock, bayonet; just a muzzle comp/break.
Am I ok legally? (can't find much anywhere)

I'm looking in to a new barrel for my Ruger 10/22, are threaded barrels ok if they have a muzzle break. I would not be breaking any AWB laws. it has no pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible stock, bayonet; just a muzzle comp/break.
Am I ok legally? (can't find much anywhere)

Legally what you've described is not an "assault weapon" so you don't need to worry about the AWB laws. From a practical perspective a comp will make little to no difference on a 10/22.

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
  • Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Bayonet mount
  • Flash suppressor (or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one)
  • Grenade launcher

You only have one (threads) so it doesn't apply.

Last edited:
I'm just adding it for looks. With the hope of some day getting a suppressor (I'm dreaming, I know, but let me have my dreams)

Back
Top Bottom