Thoughts on range carts?

WJM

With the USPSA/IDPA season coming up I was curious as to what you all thought would be the best range cart. I'm thinking about PCC or three gun setups as well as just range bag and cooler. Pictures are worth a thousand words.....

What I use now isn't so much home made but custom. The cart came from Wallmart for 49 bucks. 250 Lb capacity. I added some sides and was ammused painting them yellow for a John Deere effect. Then I saw some replacement stickers for the kids peddle tractor and couldn't pass em up.....

DSCN0107.jpg

What I use now isn't so much home made but custom. The cart came from Wallmart for 49 bucks. 250 Lb capacity. I added some sides and was ammused painting them yellow for a John Deere effect. Then I saw some replacement stickers for the kids peddle tractor and couldn't pass em up.....

View attachment 163585

53508164.jpg

LOL.... I actually think that's a pretty cool setup regardless, I think the big tires do well on some of the ranges where there's no driveway connecting the pits, etc.

-Mike

I use a folding canvas cart that is just about right for me and folds for easy storage. They are becoming quite popular at action shooting matches.

None of you have wives to carry your stuff for you?
Seriously disillusioned.

I have one of those canvas carts at the campground, and after lugging a rangebag and two backpacks the other day, I think I need one for the range here too.

the Cowboy Action shooters have the BEST setups. Some of them get so creative. It's half the fun as an observer. Yet they are completely functional for the shooters.

My wife picks up "jogging strollers" at yard sales for a couple of bucks each and I convert them to range carts. They generally fold up and the wheels snap off for storage. My current unit fits in the trunk of my convertible! I drill a few holes and screw a couple of home depot rubber-coated tool hanger hooks on each arm and use some strips of velcro to hold the rifle/shotgun in the hooks.
It HAS to be the "jogging" type unit with inflatable tires for range use. Tiny hard plastic wheels will sink and drag at many ranges.

The three wheelers are cool but I'm stuck on some verbage about carring rifles/pcc muzzle up. There's way to much gray in this picture....

My wife picks up "jogging strollers" at yard sales for a couple of bucks each and I convert them to range carts. They generally fold up and the wheels snap off for storage. My current unit fits in the trunk of my convertible! I drill a few holes and screw a couple of home depot rubber-coated tool hanger hooks on each arm and use some strips of velcro to hold the rifle/shotgun in the hooks.
It HAS to be the "jogging" type unit with inflatable tires for range use. Tiny hard plastic wheels will sink and drag at many ranges.
Any pictures?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Well, since you asked nicely. [smile]

20160407_101442.jpg Here is everything ready to go to a 3-gun match tucked in the trunk of my 200 Convertible.

20160407_101745.jpg Here it is set up and ready for the range.

20160407_102416.jpg These are the hooks I use. You can get clamp-on ones as well but I just drill a hole in the aluminum frame where I want a mount and screw them in.

This particular cart my wife picked up on the side of the road for free. People toss these all the time when Junior gets big enough to walk around with them.

I cut off a few things that were no longer needed, added a couple of strips of velcro that I had hanging around the house, and screwed in four "U" hooks from HD/Lowes. Total cost about $5.

But you probably want to go to some place like rugged gear and give them a couple of hundos for essentially the same thing............... [wink]

Good luck.

The three wheelers are cool but I'm stuck on some verbage about carring rifles/pcc muzzle up. There's way to much gray in this picture....

Just shot an USPSA match this weekend in pcc and we came to the shooting line with it in a rifle bag with flag in chamber. When we were done, we unloaded, made clear, put flag back in, and we had to put muzzle "vertical" with our choice of up or down. Then back in the bag while pcc was in that same position. After a couple of stages it got easier, but definitely awkward at first. It's all new, so the RO's were figuring out what worked best for not just us but everyone at the match. Ro's were great, and very open to suggestions, we all worked together. Was nice to see a give & take. Since there's no holster, you never know how everyone else will react. A cart would come in handy because now there is a rifle bag, range bag, small chair, and when it's hot, a small cooler. Apparently I bring a lot of stuff to these matches. Typical girl I guess.

Back
Top Bottom