• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thoughts on Mossberg Semi Auto 930s?

Anyone have any experience with the Mossberg 930s? Looking for a general purpose field gun. I looked at the Remington VersaMax, but the price is way over the top.

B

Well what about the Beretta A300? I saw they were on Black Friday sale at Dicks.

B

I have a Beretta a303, bought it as soon as my USMC contract was up. It's never had an issue. IMO Mossbergs are the suck, I'll NEVER buy another one.

Just got back from the range with my 930 SPX Blackwater Edition. The gun handled slugs and target loads with no problems, but I only shot about 30 rounds. The ghost ring rear sight, however, is a complete POS. The windage is adjusted by moving the ring with two opposing screws and there is no elevation adjustment that I could find. I know they make a better rear sight, I just can't figure why they wouldn't use it on this gun. The junk rear sight is good reason to avoid this model like the plague. It also comes with a "special" Blackwater logo on the reciever. Looks like cheap white paint to me.

Back
Top Bottom