Thoughts on M-Pro7 (and cleaning in general)?

This time I did a forum-wide search on M-Pro7 before posting :)

Being a newbie (I think I'll be buying a Ruger Mk III next week as my first gun), I have no previous associations between the fun of shooting and the smell of gun cleaner :)), so I'd prefer to go with a low-odor cleaner (and yes, I have read the warnings about the "fun" of re-assembling MkI/II/III pistols :))

So, for those of you who have used both "traditional" cleaners and M-Pro7, does M-Pro7 do a good job? Does it have downsides compared to standard cleaner? I've been able to find an M-Pro7 MSDS online and compared it to "traditional" cleaner's MSDSs I also found online and the M-Pro7 sure looks much less annoying (non-flammable, no fumes, no ventilation requirements, spills can be mopped up with soap and water, etc), so if it actually does the job it would be something I'd much rather use.

And while I was at FSG today (having a very nice conversation with someone who I unfortunately am drawing a blank on his name, who was very helpful and patient with lots of explanations about various things and showing me around the shop), one of the workers told me that he recommends never using a bore brush on a smallbore pistol (especially a target pistol) but to go patches-only. Does that make sense?

And any other cleaning/cleaning supply tips to newbies who are having to buy this stuff for the first time are quite welcome! :)
Used Low quality M-Pro7 Gun oil LPXproduct as substitute for clp before during and after range. Stored my. 45 cal M1911 and for periodic maintenance. The hammer was seized I cocked position. My pistol also jammed on range last shot Oct 2019. It was entirely due to this product I purchased in advice of a gunsmith in Virginia. Took me 2 hours to remove residual corrosion, probably promoted firm excessive tackiness which trapped moisture in low humidity. In the 30 years I've employed this low operational tempo sidearm, never had any issues (even during deployment to Desert Storm) until I used this product.

Necrothread warning.

How do you even find an 11 year old thread and respond to a 15 year old post?! Color me impressed!

Maybe I need to get out of the “What’s new” section more often.

Necrothread warning.

How do you even find an 11 year old thread and respond to a 15 year old post?! Color me impressed!

That’s gotta be a bot. Joined yesterday and commented then peaced out.

What’s new is where it’s at! I log in, go to the off topic forum and mark it read to clear out the Facebook posts. I then flip over to new posts, this is the way.

Necrothread warning.

Theres a bunch if threads that show up at the bottom if the screen and with out any “old thread” warning rhey get clicked on, like I just did!!!

That’s gotta be a bot. Joined yesterday and commented then peaced out.

What’s new is where it’s at! I log in, go to the off topic forum and mark it read to clear out the Facebook posts. I then flip over to new posts, this is the way.

Probably a competitor shill for someone else's product trying to sh*tpost about Mpro stuff. I've been using their products for years and never had any kind of issue he's describing. Even on stuff that gets shot maybe once a year.

Probably a competitor shill for someone else's product trying to sh*tpost about Mpro stuff. I've been using their products for years and never had any kind of issue he's describing. Even on stuff that gets shot maybe once a year.
Im not sure if hoppes bought Mpro7 or was a brand off shoot of hoppes . Although mpro7 claimed to be not water based but the msds shows 75% water. ?
I use water based cleaners alot, like warm water and dish soap.

Im not sure if hoppes bought Mpro7 or was a brand off shoot of hoppes . Although mpro7 claimed to be not water based but the msds shows 75% water. ?
I use water based cleaners alot, like warm water and dish soap.

Which MPro7 solution is 75% water? They have more than one solution.

Yeah that is not the oil they sell, that's the cleaner which works really well. It will strip all oil from the metal you use it on so you must oil afterwards. The Mpro7 oil is called Gun Oil LPX.

Best thing about MPro 7 is you can clean your gun at the kitchen table and when your wife comes home a half hour later there is absolutely no smell stinking out the place. I’ve been using it for a few years and will never go back to anything else.

Best thing about MPro 7 is you can clean your gun at the kitchen table and when your wife comes home a half hour later there is absolutely no smell stinking out the place. I’ve been using it for a few years and will never go back to anything else.

Yeah I forgot about that, it really has no smell but actually works.

Yeah that is not the oil they sell, that's the cleaner which works really well. It will strip all oil from the metal you use it on so you must oil afterwards. The Mpro7 oil is called Gun Oil LPX.
Yeah their oil has no "harmful" stuff in it like Balistol. Probably same type of stuff. I dont use much of any name brand cleaners to "clean" a fire arm I genrally use warm soapy water.
Oil- Im almost out of a large can of CLP
Generally for oil I will use what ever I come across on the shelf first. Most "branded" stuff will change names or go out of business before I run out as I usually by a small stock pile of X when I like it. Im almost out of a bottle of lucas gun oil

Back
Top Bottom