• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thoughts on Keltec KSG?

At the height of the panic, a certain gunstore in middleton had one for sale for 2400$.

At the height of the panic, a certain gunstore in middleton had one for sale for 2400$.

There was some idiot at one of the Western MA gun shops which I cannot recall that had one for "sale" maybe 6 months ago posted in the dealers forum. I called and inquired about the price and he said, "make me an offer." I said well retail is around $900, to which he interrupted, "they are selling on Gunbroker for $3000." I told him, "Well then sell it on Gunbroker *******." and hung up the phone.

Ended up buying one the next day at H-S trading for around $1200 or so.

Chris

There was some idiot at one of the Western MA gun shops which I cannot recall that had one for "sale" maybe 6 months ago posted in the dealers forum. I called and inquired about the price and he said, "make me an offer." I said well retail is around $900, to which he interrupted, "they are selling on Gunbroker for $3000." I told him, "Well then sell it on Gunbroker *******." and hung up the phone.

Ended up buying one the next day at H-S trading for around $1200 or so.

Chris

Sounds just like one of the idiots ata certain North Central MA gun shop....almost the exact same conversation except the one I know was in person.

$1000-1200 all day long on gunbroker now. MSRP doesn't mean much if the manufacturer can't (or wont') keep up with demand or there is a glut on the market. Supply and demand dictate prices, not MSRP... all MSRP does is provide a price anchor.

What's the MSRP on a Gen 4 Glock 19 in MA? What are actual transaction prices? Regardless, my KSG was well worth the $1200 I paid at Four Seasons. It also reinforced my desire for more bullpups. I see a Tavor in my future.

$1000-1200 all day long on gunbroker now. MSRP doesn't mean much if the manufacturer can't (or wont') keep up with demand or there is a glut on the market. Supply and demand dictate prices, not MSRP... all MSRP does is provide a price anchor.

Because of KelTec's sales model, it's not only the end sales shop/person that is to blame. The distributor's that the shops actually get the firearms from are also guilty of the price gouging as well.

If I recall correctly, Four Seasons sold some of the first released KSG's for $795 to people who pre ordered them, this was before the market went full retard for them.

B&K in Natick had one a few weeks ago for $1000, a reasonable price in this market.

got to shoot one, had some redonKulous fun doing so....

that being said, at its current price, I'm happy with my Mossberg 500.

Bought mine from CF guns in Middleboro for $875 a month ago. Was on a wait list for a while, but it came in. Those guys are awesome in my book.

i love shooting the thing. Just don't try shooting 14+1 slugs

KSG is a great gun for someone else to own.... it's fun to shoot a couple of rounds at a car/pumpkin shoot... that's about it....

Well, we have to agree to disagree on this one. It's not a gun for everybody just like a 50 BMG rifle is not for everybody but the KSG's design and performance are outstanding for a modern firearm.

As for price, I paid $950 from Acme (they were great to deal with).

Back
Top Bottom