• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

thoughts on drum mags?

For what type of firearm?

Personally... unless it's for a full-auto firearm (with a few exceptions), drum mags aren't of much use.

That's not to say I wouldn't buy one (I have 2 75round and one 100round drum mags for my AK [wink]), if it's reasonably priced.

I'll admit they have a certain cool/evil factor to them, and with the a potential AWB/hi-cap mag ban heading our way, and the way prices and availability are going, there's nothing wrong with buying one or more now while you still can.

I had a pre-ban Beta-C for my AR. Biggest piece of junk I ever bought. It would jam all the time not matter what ammo I used in it. Luckily I was able to off load it to a guy who said he'd get it to work. At least I broke even.

On the other hand I have a 75rnd Chinese drum mag for my AK and that think is rock solid reliable and easy to load.

Useless; IMO. 90 rnds of ammo weigh more than the rifle... and it's probably bulky...

Good for the 'cool' factor, not much else.

And possibly not fully reliable.

They might have a use in a static defensive position while properly maintained. However, for general use, I just get regular magazines.

Back
Top Bottom