• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thoughts on Browning Over/Under Shotguns?

I've been shooting a Citori Upland Spacial for a few years now and I like it a lot. It's a 24" barrel so it's frowned upon at the trap range though, even with extended chokes.
I shot two rounds of trap with a stoeger s x s coach gun last month after I bought it for rabbit hunting for my boy. 20 inch barrels. Couple of guys commented it was too loud lol. I hit for 22 and 23. f*** em. :) I don't let the trapazoids have any slack.

As a reference I hit 24-25 with my browning a5 regulaly.

Not too shabby for a first try with a s x s

I shot two rounds of trap with a stoeger s x s coach gun last month after I bought it for rabbit hunting for my boy. 20 inch barrels. Couple of guys commented it was too loud lol. I hit for 22 and 23. f*** em. :) I don't let the trapazoids have any slack.

As a reference I hit 24-25 with my browning a5 regulaly.

Not too shabby for a first try with a s x s

Don't think it stops me from using it. I'm not hitting anywhere near your numbers but I don't do that well with any of my shotguns so I can't blame the barrel length.

I got lucky and inherited one from my uncle when he passed away along with a couple other beautiful guns a few years ago. I absolutely love it. I'm a bigger guy so I like the weight as it makes it rock steady when pulled in firm. Have downed many a bird with it since.

Back almost 50 years now, I would ride my bike over to Independent and one of the guys (Vic Croce (sp?)) would let me shoot skeet with his .410 Browning Superposed. I was 15 or 16 and I had just gotten my FID card (in '68 or '69) and owned an 870 and a coupe of .22s. A few years later I bought a 28 gauge Charles Daly (Miroku) Superior grade skeet because it was $300 and a Superposed was $400. I wish I had bought the Superposed. A local gunsmith Eric Herzog (known for his customized Mausers) added a recoil pad to increase the length of pull on the Daly so it fit me better. Interesting note, as he had to refinish the stock to fit the pad, he found that the "grain" in the wood was painted on. [shocked] Being the dumb ass that I am, I have long since sold the Daly. [crying] My only Browning now is a Medallion safe but the name is synonymous with quality.

As many of you know Holliston Firearms is going out of business and they are clearing out all of their inventory. Mark, the owner, has a very nice selection of Over/Under shotguns for sale that I've been eying for years.

With his going out of business sale price and a $100 Browning rebate going on I'll picking up a very nice Citori CX Over/Under 12ga w/ 30" bbls, 3 extended chokes, double bead site, raised rib and top grade wood when he opens later this week.

Pretty excited about it as they seem to have pretty good reviews. Anyone have experience with Browning Over/Unders and if so, anything I should be aware of before buying?

Thanks
As far as traditional shotguns go, I've always been a purveyor of side by sides. That said, you can't go wrong with a Citori.

Great guns have owned a half dozen in the last 45 years.
Now shooting two a 725 pro trap and a Special Sporting Clays for sporting and skeet.

Back
Top Bottom