• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THOUGHTS ON A GROUP SHOOT AND SITE CLEANUP DAY?

I saw the post about cleaning up a shooting spot ( I Cleaned Up Your Mess Today, Slob! ) and it made me think:

"Self... why don't you see if there's a group here interested in picking a popular shooting spot, getting out there with a trailer or two and some rakes, cleaning up the spot, and maybe doing some shooting..."

So - anyone interested in getting together to do something like this?

If there is interest - chime in here and let us know:
1) If you can bring a truck / trailer
2) If you have a suggestion for a spot that needs cleanup
3) How far you are willing to travel to participate.

If there is enough interest, we can pick a date and place - preferably before it gets stupid hot. I'd think that we'd want to find a spot that has large bulk trash (appliances, tires, etc. stuff not easy to haul out if you aren't prepared for it).

I'll start: Yes - I'm interested. I have a truck and a flatbed trailer - and a couple of strong 20-something sons that I can probably bring along. I'm on the north side of the valley and usually shoot at one of a few spots N/E of Carefree Highway and I-17 - but I'm happy to go anywhere within a 20 -30 miles of "the valley." If there is a bunch of interest from guys in Queen Creek and the spot is up on the base of the superstitions - I'll get there. There are a couple of spots where I shoot that could use some cleanup - but the one that used to be really filthy (appliances, etc.) got cleaned up a while ago. I'll be out shooting this weekend and will do some scouting for nasty spots. If we do it - I'll pay the landfill fee.

I saw the post about cleaning up a shooting spot ( I Cleaned Up Your Mess Today, Slob! ) and it made me think:

"Self... why don't you see if there's a group here interested in picking a popular shooting spot, getting out there with a trailer or two and some rakes, cleaning up the spot, and maybe doing some shooting..."

So - anyone interested in getting together to do something like this?

If there is interest - chime in here and let us know:
1) If you can bring a truck / trailer
2) If you have a suggestion for a spot that needs cleanup
3) How far you are willing to travel to participate.

If there is enough interest, we can pick a date and place - preferably before it gets stupid hot. I'd think that we'd want to find a spot that has large bulk trash (appliances, tires, etc. stuff not easy to haul out if you aren't prepared for it).

I'll start: Yes - I'm interested. I have a truck and a flatbed trailer - and a couple of strong 20-something sons that I can probably bring along. I'm on the north side of the valley and usually shoot at one of a few spots N/E of Carefree Highway and I-17 - but I'm happy to go anywhere within a 20 -30 miles of "the valley." If there is a bunch of interest from guys in Queen Creek and the spot is up on the base of the superstitions - I'll get there. There are a couple of spots where I shoot that could use some cleanup - but the one that used to be really filthy (appliances, etc.) got cleaned up a while ago. I'll be out shooting this weekend and will do some scouting for nasty spots. If we do it - I'll pay the landfill fee.
First - props for trying to be positive change.

I think you're in AZ. The thread you linked is on an AZ forum.

We do have members around the world.

But I have to wonder why you made an account and started this thread in a forum for Northeast Shooters. Most of us are about as far away from you as is possible while still being in the continental US.

There's not many places in mass you can shoot outside on public property. I know some spots further north but theyve all been very clean every time I visit.

raf,750x1000,075,t,026541:3d4e1a7dce.jpg

Group buy???

100%

Show up... "is that gun in my approved list?" ... "how did you get it?" ... "can I see the FA10?"

Maybe he is ATF trying to catch someone shouldering an AR pistol.
Not at all. He's living in the Free State of Arizona. No F'n "FA-10's" there! I'm headed back at the first chance I get.

So, Federal law does not apply over there?
It does, but no State B.S.

No waiting periods, LTC not required (but optional), no limit on private transfers, or State restrictions on suppressors, "evil features", etc.
As a plus, if you do have the State CCW permit, it is NICS exempt so you just "sign and drive" if buying from a dealer.
(and best of all, no flippin' "DST" time changes!).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom