• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thoughts on a 1860 Uberti Richards Army Conversion Revolver

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I'm going to be looking at a Uberti reproduction of a 1860 Richards Army Conversion Revolver in 45LC tomorrow afternoon and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this model. I love these old type handguns as they are fun to shoot and own. Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for with this? I own a few Uberti firearms and they work great, but this will be my first 1860 model. With any luck I'll be coming home with it.

Thanks

1860-richards-army.jpg

I know the Cowboy Action Shooters have used this type. In fact, I think that is why Uberti added it to their catalog. Check for their forums.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the Colt style open top revolvers, but that's for percussion use. Even still they suffer from poor, beyond antiquated sights; the Remington conversions are far better. Uberti itself is questionable in their quality while Pietta's quality has improved to the extent I believe it is a better brand.

If you want an 1860, get a percussion model and get Pietta.

I was told they can’t be sold in MA. Not on the list and. It’s not like a semi auto pistol where you can buy just the frame.

I was told they can’t be sold in MA. Not on the list and. It’s not like a semi auto pistol where you can buy just the frame.

This is correct. But, if someone is selling one in MA we can do a FTF and do the transfer. Not sure, nor do I care, where the original owner got it from. I'm just happy I was able to get one legally!

Back
Top Bottom