• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thoughts: Italy vs. US made Berettas

Which Beretta do you like more?

• US Made

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Italian Made

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • Both are equally as good

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Both are equally crap

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
What about the Taurus with the safety moved down off the slide??

....runs and hides. :)

Does everyone really care about swirl marks on the finish inside the slide. It is a $600 gun not a $600,000 sports car.
Maybe it is me.

In my experience, my Italian made Berettas either Bobcats, Tomcats or 92F's have all been smoother operating pieces. They just felt better, like the way a door closes on a Mercedes vs a KIA. I once had a 84F in .380 that was the smoothest pistol I have ever handled...

In my experience, my Italian made Berettas either Bobcats, Tomcats or 92F's have all been smoother operating pieces. They just felt better, like the way a door closes on a Mercedes vs a KIA. I once had a 84F in .380 that was the smoothest pistol I have ever handled...

I'd love to give you the Pepsi challenge on all 3 to see how well you'd score.

Update: Range day this morning with the Beretta where I put a couple boxes of ammo through her. This included a box of steel cased Tula and had no functionality problems at all. Was going to the indoor range at Hopkinton but they were having a new member intro there, so I hit the outdoor pistol pits. Cold, but still fun. Just shot at steel plates and at 20 yards I was doing pretty good knocking them down. Very happy with this purchase at this point.

Just my observations. I had a bobcat in .22, US made and it was awful. Later had the same piece in .25, Italian made and it was very nice, for a mouse gun that is. I definitely notice the difference on the 92's, but to each his own. I'd trust my life to any 92F any day.....

Back
Top Bottom