Thoughts and opinions on.............

how about metal of the bullet squeezing through the inside of the barrel?
you are worrying about wrong thing here.
problem is aluminum rod itself. aluminium oxide is very strong abrasive. it formed the moment raw aluminum is exposed to the air. that's what makes a tough coating on outside of the metal and prevents further corrosion of aluminum piece. and gun wobbling on that thing long enough will eventually have a messed up crown.
if aluminum rod had pvc sleeve over it it would be a lot safer to use, otherwise rod needs to be made out of brass.
that's also why they make aluminum casings but no aluminum jacketed bullets. aluminum is actually cheaper than brass and would be a cost saving, but it would also destroy a barrel over time.

Last edited:
It looks like a sex toy...

And as mentioned, I would not want metal grinding on the rifling or the muzzle of any of my guns.

I don't see a point. Tec screws and an uncle mikes slide holster would do everything that would do and probably better.

I have a friend in NH because it is not legal here, but he wants to hide his gun behind the headboard of his bed. I was looking behind mine trying to imagine a good way for "him" to do it. I would think that somehow attaching a holster to the headboard wouldnt work because it wound be flush with with the headboard therefor causing the gun to come in contact with headboard, unless of course I am missing something.

Thanks for all the comments though I appreciate it. Just trying to help him out in his search to find a way to safely attach his gun to the back of the headboard.

I have a friend in NH because it is not legal here, but he wants to hide his gun behind the headboard of his bed. I was looking behind mine trying to imagine a good way for "him" to do it. I would think that somehow attaching a holster to the headboard wouldnt work because it wound be flush with with the headboard therefor causing the gun to come in contact with headboard, unless of course I am missing something.

Thanks for all the comments though I appreciate it. Just trying to help him out in his search to find a way to safely attach his gun to the back of the headboard.

does he have kids or do any kids ever come to visit like around the holidays. If so, an unattended loaded gun is not good in any state, legal or not.

does he have kids or do any kids ever come to visit like around the holidays. If so, an unattended loaded gun is not good in any state, legal or not.

No kids, he lives alone. I am sure he would secure it if he were to have kids over for the holidays or for any reason. For the most part he is the only one in the house the majority of the time.

If you go this route... use a piece of shrink tube to place over post.

Anyone who can't go to Home Depot, pick up the materials and make something like that (at a fraction of the cost), should turn in their man card.

Yeah a better post material is delrin or even abs.

This isnt a wear issue but a corrosion issue.

Passivated aluminum would probably be fine with a little wd40.

I have seen similar idea for concealed carry but made of plastic. if you wanted you could buy that, cut off the part intended to hook over a belt and screw it where you want. Personally I would build something else though, even in plastic I don't like something in the barrel especially for emergency situations. Grab to hard or quick and either the holder is too hard and damages the barrel or the barrel is harder and could snap off in the barrrel. Simple and cheap build would be flat back so say 1/4-1/2 inch wood, 2 dowels one just in front of where the trigger guard would be and one on top of the slide by the back of the gun. Then same wood as the back about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide, just measure based on the gun in there and either simply use that same wood and box it off or make a frame to connect it all just make sure to leave a lip by the barel to keep it from sliding off the ledge. Can be built with bare minimum tools and bare minimum skill.

Back
Top Bottom