Those F*%$ Westboro Baptist Church to picket Sandy Hook

Would I like to see them all dead? Yes.

However...

They've got 1A rights just the same as we do. (And they have 2A rights just the same as we do.) Because they are living scum does not make a difference.

Dear Police,
This could be one of the very few taser and kick the shit out of people for fun youtube videos that no one will ever bitch and complain about. Please indulge yourselves.

Love,
pretty much everyone in the country.

wow

Would I like to see them all dead? Yes.

However...

They've got 1A rights just the same as we do. (And they have 2A rights just the same as we do.) Because they are living scum does not make a difference.

yep

every time the WBC comes up on NES, we get some interesting posts about using the gov to stop them. mind baffling. you don't have to like them... live and let live.

i've never really paid attention to them or their message until this week. looney tunes... but some people say that about preppers and survivalists too.

Like it or not, they are exercising a constitutional right. As much as anyone would love to see them all dead, the silver lining to this is that the 1st amendment is still alive and well in this case. A right must be exercised or it will become atrophied. I hate what they do personally, but perpetrating violence on them is denying their right to be a-holes.

We as a nation need to set politics aside and have a meaningful conversation about the 1st ammendment. There is no way that our founding fathers could have known that one day some religious zealot would be praising god at the site of a school massacre.[hmmm]

We as a nation need to set politics aside and have a meaningful conversation about the 1st ammendment. There is no way that our founding fathers could have known that one day some religious zealot would be praising god at the site of a school massacre.[hmmm]

They were smart people. I'm sure they didn't use those words exactly, but I'm sure they thought of a scenario that fit with the times in which they lived and realized that it had to be allowed in order to keep all men free.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. However, it appears the Patriot Guard will not be there...too bad. [thinking]

http://www.patriotguard.org/

time for NES armchair QBs to walk the walk, IMO.

Listen, I think most here get that the 1A protects that they have a right to say these things. However the fact is that you can not go around shooting people because of the 2A without a fear that you too will be shot. In the same way you should not be allowed to purposefully hurt these parents by exercising a right without fear of being blocked or harassed by people wanting to exercise and defend the 1A from being taken away because of idiots like these.

\
Time for NES folks to stand for the right thing and lets plan an immediate meetup. We need to show support as non keyboard commando's for what we are worth in this time of tragedy. I live in Vernon CT. one hour away, right near REINS DELI, **** WESTBORO, NO FIREARMS, HEARTS FOR HEARTS BROKEN. Mods' how do we make this happen.

I'm down.

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

Unfortunately, under the generally accepted rules of court procedure, the WBC church members may be assured that any jury hearing a case of assault against them cannot be briefed on the concept of jury nullification.

This is a case of the 1A being used right up to the breaking point. The people on the other side will also be using it in that regard. We must be vigilant to protect speech in this country, or we will wind up like Europe, where words can get you thrown in jail.

This is a case of the 1A being used right up to the breaking point. The people on the other side will also be using it in that regard. We must be vigilant to protect speech in this country, or we will wind up like Europe, where words can get you thrown in jail.

Yup. Even Canada has laws criminalizing speech "not consistent with a democratic society".

Wrong...they are that stupid. This group is F'ed up.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Or they are just in it for the money. They have found a way to become a scab on the American landscape, using our rules in sickening ways, in order to sue the crap out of anyone who dares to assault them or shut them down. They use the legal system as a weapon.

I hate the mother f*ckers, but this is what free speech is. I truly wish they were gone, but the best weapon we can use against them is people with their own agenda also exercising their first amendment rights.

Our laws and rights will always be used against us by wacko fringe elements. It's part of having a free society. I'd rather accept the fringe wackos than lose my own freedom of speech.

Or they are just in it for the money. They have found a way to become a scab on the American landscape, using our rules in sickening ways, in order to sue the crap out of anyone who dares to assault them or shut them down. They use the legal system as a weapon.

I hate the mother f*ckers, but this is what free speech is. I truly wish they were gone, but the best weapon we can use against them is people with their own agenda also exercising their first amendment rights.

Our laws and rights will always be used against us by wacko fringe elements. It's part of having a free society. I'd rather accept the fringe wackos than lose my own freedom of speech.

This is it in a nutshell. These "out yourself" threads seem to getting more and more popular.

In the past, motorcycle groups such as the Hell's Angels have shown up and, using giant angel wings, have blocked the view of the "protestors" and the family members at the funeral. It seem this is an effective, non violent technique.

the people are scum, could probably use a good beating, and i can only imagine how the parents of the children must feel right now. this shit really is rubbing salt in an open wound, and it's horrible.

the thing that we need to realize though is that they have as much of a constitutional right to free speech as we have to keep and bear arms. i was thinking about how pissed off i was, and while i can still be pissed, and still believe it's wrong--it's their right.

they'll speak, and people like the angels and the patriot guard riders will be there so that they can speak all they want, but it will only be to a bunch of dudes on bikes. it is admirable what those guys do in safeguarding the funerals of soldiers, and now these poor children.

WBC is really a creation of the media, who sensationalize the news to maximize eyeballs, and thus their own revenue streams.

WBC and the US media have a co-dependent relationship.

The First Amendment protects them from the .gov, not from society. This concept that the first amendment is a shield against any and all repercussions is nonsense at best. Nowhere in the bill of rights does it say you shall be protected against a well deserved, thorough, and exhaustive ass whooping by the people you set out to hurt.

We do have laws relative to assault and battery that address that issue, but it is CERTAINLY NOT a first amendment issue.

Anonymous Hacks The Westboro Baptist Church: Posts All Their Personal Information
http://www.inquisitr.com/440545/ano...eir-personal-information/#bH4c4VQFLA3ru10h.99

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The [/FONT]Westboro Baptist Church[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] are wacko's spouting hate, nothing more nothing less. Calling themselves a "church" is flat out blasphemy and an insult to any true church going individuals no matter what their faith. [/FONT]

As a member of the gay community, I have known about Phelps for many years, and my reaction has always been the same: attention whore.

Yeah, an attention whore with an insidious profit motive. He's dumb like a fox.

Many don't know that earlier in his career as a lawyer he was known as a fierce defender of civil rights. I wonder what happened.

The WBC people are the scum of the earth. I know they have rights like everyone else but the crap they spew is twisted and sickening. I don't understand how someone views can become that twisted. I also don't understand how they have survived this long.
I cant imagine a jury finding anyone guilty of any crime against them. They have that Charlie Manson sick view of life.

Anonymous Hacks The Westboro Baptist Church: Posts All Their Personal Information
http://www.inquisitr.com/440545/ano...eir-personal-information/#bH4c4VQFLA3ru10h.99

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The [/FONT]Westboro Baptist Church[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] are wacko's spouting hate, nothing more nothing less. Calling themselves a "church" is flat out blasphemy and an insult to any true church going individuals no matter what their faith. [/FONT]

Since they support free speech so much - how do they feel about all their personal information getting out?

Back
Top Bottom