• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This was posted last Wednesday in NES-GF....WTF ? One 'like'

I'm seeing him a bit differently than the rest of you guys and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but here's what I saw in the video. I saw a guy, who blames everyone else for everything and carries it around with him, along with his PTSD. He says he served 12 years. I heard, I served for 12 years and only made it to E-5, I got wounded, got out and instead of America throwing a party to honor me and my return, there was not much of anything done for me. Then a lady tresspasser, lied to a judge and I got screwed, so in retaliation I'm burning my uniform. This guy in my opinion, is whining his ass off, because he hasn't recieved, what he feels he deserves from life so far. Hell, when we got home, our peers spit at us at the airport and called us baby killers. Then during the discharge process, we were told not to tell anyone that we were veterans and not to say we were veterens on job applications. That's what America thought of us. We adapted, improvised and overcame obsticals in our way. As for his PTSD. Most anyone who's been in combat, for prolonged periods of time, is going to have, at least a touch of PTSD. It's no ones fault. There's no one at blame. It just comes with the territory. Now he's had his 15 minutes of fame, in his self produced video. I hope that his video, makes him feel better and I hope that he gets some help and finds peace in his life.

Last edited:
Yes and no...all I can say it got my undivided attention. I do want to add that if we don't resist this ongoing abuse of the legal process who will, the ACLU...?
Also agree, but you and I both have also had our own run ins with LE and the court system, and both of us got f***ed over and around and we both eventually beat our cases because we toughed it out and stayed the course and we didn’t just give up. We didn’t go out and make an incredibly tense video that seemed like he was going to whack himself at the end of it all. I feel for the guy but I think this thing will only serve to hurt him in the long run. Not a lot of vets I know take easily to that level of whining and blaming our whole country for his life. Maybe he was just in a really bad spot when he did this (2018) and he’ll look back at it and say “ya dude that was f***ing stupid/childish or whatever, I learned from it and I’m driving on now. f*** those people but I’ll be ok.”

I don’t see the problem as a Vet vs Legal system issue. I think it’s an Anybody without money or power vs legal system issue. It’s been a joke since long before this kid was even born.

We have a lot of laws in America, but not much justice. I hope the veteran in the video has been able to find effective counseling for his anger issues and has not become a statistic.
It's been nearly two years since my case was thrown out....But I struggle every day to un-eff my head. I went to the range 1/2 mi down the road once in the last 2 years. My anger was so great that I knew it would kill me, if I didn't let it go.

My reaction to this video was visceral, I understood every nuance of his actions, but did not endorse the emotional overload.

What? All of America betrayed him because a couple of clams screwed him over? :rolleyes: F*** that.

I know I didn't do anything to betray him, and I feel pretty confident in saying nobody else here did either.

And btw, who the f*** confronts a trespasser in 2018 and doesn't film it on their phone to cover their ass?

Is this the best you can do ?

It's been nearly two years since my case was thrown out....But I struggle every day to un-eff my head. I went to the range 1/2 mi down the road once in the last 2 years. My anger was so great that I knew it would kill me, if I didn't let it go.

My reaction to this video was visceral, I understood every nuance of his actions, but did not endorse the emotional overload.
Understandable and I kind of felt like that’s where your head was at when you saw this young vet going thru similar BS, of course it sucks and is easily relatable.

I hate to see the kid suffering but I also hate to hear him whining and pointing fingers at an entire country because he can’t control his emotions right now. Life is tough, but he has the tools to overcome whatever they throw at him, I just hope he realizes it sooner rather than later.

Judges ignoring laws that are not to their liking isn't just North Carolina. It is happening all over the country. They call it "interpreting" the law. They simply declare it to mean other than that which it actually says. When it suits them they even declare it to mean the exact opposite of what the law actually says.

How can a he said-she said situation without substantial corroborating evidence possibly reach the beyond a reasonable doubt threshold? Without such evidence, this case should have never been prosecuted, and if it were been dismissed right out of the gate.

It is very likely that the only law he ran afoul of is the one that holds that the first one to call 9-1-1 is the complainant. The one they call about is the perp.

Or possibly that he should have gone out with video rolling.

IMO he feels he did his job over there, and he expected people over here to have done their job, to prevent people like this from reaching positions of authority. I held up my end, you didn't hold up yours type thing.

Poor bastard. Seems like he could use some help. Definitely not articulating his feelings as well as he could but... He has been through some shit, clearly. Sorry for typos, on phone.

Back
Top Bottom