• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This Should be the Focus, not Guns

The Boston Herald just reported that there have been 185 deaths from heroin overdoses since November.

Where is all the outrage over this?

Yup, guns are the #1 problem......[smile]

Liberals use gun control as a club to beat conservatives & Republicans over the head, they can't use this issue to do that since conservatives are generally tougher on sentencing for drug dealers etc.... Its not about people or the common good for the most part its all politics.

Liberals use gun control as a club to beat conservatives & Republicans over the head, they can't use this issue to do that since conservatives are generally tougher on sentencing for drug dealers etc.... Its not about people or the common good for the most part its all politics.

they can still use it to beat conservatives with if they just say that "obviously the harsh penalties and war on drugs isn't working"

The only thing I can think of doing to fix this problem is to legalize it. Doing so won't make some paradise where no OD's but it will make it so people know exactly what they're taking because its labeled and contains no impurities.

And will also end the violence around drugs and reduce our spending on prisons.

Portugal decriminalized all drugs and drug use went down, although its still black market run.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

185 is a number. Yep.

Question is, is that an increase? Decrease? Just a number? And what's the cause? Bad smack OR reallllly good smack (easier to OD)? More people using heroin in general? And what do you propose to do to combat this, pass more laws? Waste tax money on dealing with other people's problems? And despite many insistences to the contrary, is the appropriate answer to the "Guns r bad" crowd really "LOOK AT THIS OTHER THING, IT'S WORSE! DRUGZ!"?

OP tries, fails to deliver.

185 is a number. Yep.

Question is, is that an increase? Decrease? Just a number? And what's the cause? Bad smack OR reallllly good smack (easier to OD)? More people using heroin in general? And what do you propose to do to combat this, pass more laws? Waste tax money on dealing with other people's problems? And despite many insistences to the contrary, is the appropriate answer to the "Guns r bad" crowd really "LOOK AT THIS OTHER THING, IT'S WORSE! DRUGZ!"?

from what I have read it is an increase in overdoses and credited to the heroin being stronger than normal

Can I be the first to apply for a heroin dealership? Willing to share with delahump if it increases my odds of opening for bizness.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

theres been lots of talk about it actually

Yeah, but only because of Hoffman. Talk to rural cops and they'll tell you that heroin and meth are eating this country alive. But no one really cares because it keeps the sheep docile.

Docile sheep good.

Attentive wakeful sheep bad.

I was thinking the dozens of children murdered while in foster care in the last decade was more pressing than either of these issues...

YES and the buck stops with the jackass who's tickled gay with the buzz around his hinting at his aspirations for the White House. Pleeeease [rolleyes] Belongs in the Big House.

YES and the buck stops with the jackass who's tickled gay with the buzz around his hinting at his aspirations for the White House. Pleeeease [rolleyes] Belongs in the Big House.
but he wont even accept the resignation of the DCF head

185 is a number. Yep.

From what I've heard, it's increased fentanyl content.

From what I've heard, it's increased fentanyl content.

Someone buys some shit in a plastic bag from some thug on the ****ing street.......injects it in a vein in their arm and we are all supposed to get up in arms about that? Sounds like they made a personal choice to me.

TRUE freedom means an individual right to do what the hell they want to their own body in my opinion. Even if it means they harm themselves.

TO be truthful I'm still on the fence about the whole drug thing in this country. I'm reading.....trying to educate myself in order to form a fact based opinion. I do believe in individual freedom and that Americans have the right to do what they want as long as it does not harm anyone else. So here is my dilemma.......heroine addicts addict themselves by doing stupid shit to their own body......should it be illegal......I guess it depends on if their actions harm OTHERS or not........but how far back to you peal that onion is my conundrum. If the addicts actions cause harm to others is what I'm trying to wrap my head around........does their burden on the welfare system due to their personal choice to become an addict and not be a productive member of society harm me as a taxpayer? I don't know.......I'm still trying to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom