• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This isn't good news.

Garys

NES Member
BREAKING NEWS: Three people were found dead at the Foxy Lady strip club in New Bedford this morning, including the man who allegedly opened fire inside the club, according to news reports. WBZ Radio is reporting that the man entered the club around 3:15 a.m. and began shooting, causing numerous injuries and at least two deaths. Two police officers were shot but were treated at the hospital. The reported gunman was later found dead, according to reports. --Developing

Shooter had either an AR or AK, according to other reports. I'm sure there will be a call for more "Common Sense" gun bans.

Sigh.

Gary

Probably a meth-head?...Who shoots up a strip club? [thinking]

No, this is not the greatest news for gun owners; However, I feel as though NES should take action...

Gentlemen...let's go help "console" those poor girls who were there, and perhaps those who weren't, but heard about it...and even those who didn't. [smile]

http://www.wbz.com/pages/146256.php?contentType=4&contentId=256745
Deadly Violence at New Bedford Strip Club

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (AP) -- Three people were fatally shot and two New Bedford police officers were injured at city strip club early Tuesday morning.

A gunman wearing body armor entered the Foxy Lady at about 2:30 a.m. and opened fire before killing himself, New Bedford police told WSAR radio.

The officers' wounds are not considered life threatening, New Bedford Mayor Scott Lang said.

Lang called it "divine intervention" that they weren't more seriously hurt.

The police officers were providing a security detail at the club.
Lang says several other people were injured.

A state police helicopter, canine unit and special tactics unit responded to the scene, a state police spokeswoman said.

Too bad the boys in blue didn't get to shoot him.

NB COP was on WRKO, and he was totally throwing us under the bus.

News: It sounds like it was a guy with a grudge against a stripper or somthing like that. The COP said that he entered the club looking for a person who he had a dispute with.

But between bits of important news he was spewing tripe to poison the water for us. He was calling it a "Military-Style Weapon" and "M-16" And was talking about "Ammunition capable of penatrating a car", as if a car was ever much of a ballistic sheild.

The worst part this little line: "When an officer ever encounters a man with an M-16 anywhere in the country the officers are out-gunned. This is a MILITARY WEAPON."

Yet he had just mentioned that one of the wounded officers was attempting to retriev his rifle from the trunk of his vehicle (I'm guessing a CAR-15)

Of course I feel for the two innocent victems, and for the wounded officers, but when an officer who's job is to serve and protect us uses somthing like this to spread lies and propiganda, I just see red!

Grrrrr

I hope that he wasn't licensed AND the AR-15 and body armor came from the BPD lockup!

Prayers also with the officers, and the others who were shot.

I hope that he wasn't licensed AND the AR-15 and body armor came from the BPD lockup!

Prayers also with the officers, and the others who were shot.

Honestly would it make a difference? Look at what we're up against! The killer is dead, whoever sold him the equipment (if they are in violation of the law) will never be touched, and I'm guessing 5.56X45 ammo will be banned in Mass.

One insane person breaks multiple laws, so they punish those of us who have broken no laws [rolleyes]

Makes sence to me....

-Weer'd Beard

PS: LEOs what is the legal status on owning ballstic armor in Mass?

I thought I read somewhere that it was illigal for civvies to own.....

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with the wounded officers and their families!

Body armor is legal in MA, UNLESS you are using it in the commission of a felony! Simple enough.

Handguns are no match for rifles, regardless of what the rifle looks like! However that will never come across to those clueless politicians, media or the masses of sheeple.

Batten the hatches, as "tis the season" and any anger/family problems tend to boil over at this time of year.

Is it just me or does this incident seem awfully "convenient" ??. Wasn't the New Bedford rep - I think his name was Barrios (Jellyfish was always posting articles referencing him) - one of the more vocal anti-gun politicians? I did a quick search on Google and found the following article from the mayor of New Bedford calling for somebody to get serious about "gun violence":

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/11-06/11-21-06/01local.htm

Just seems to me that this incident comes at just the right time for the anti-gun crowd. Sort of like that Amish school shooting incident came at a very convienent time for the Democrats as it was just before the elections.

Here we go again, another recipe for a gun ban...

Barrios, Mumbles and the MCOPA will be all over this like stink on shit...

The media (and the aforementioned), will make some mention or comparison to the Wakefield office park shootings and/or the South Central bank shoot-out...

New anti-gun leadership taking office soon (Coakley was one of the prosecutors in the McDermott case)...

Police officers down... [sad2]

If it turns out the shooter was legally licensed it'll give the gun control crowd even more excuse to take action.

2007 is not going to be a good year for MA gun owners. [angry]

I heard one reporter say this morning that the shooter used an F-15!

Must have stolen it from Otis AFB huh? [rolleyes] I'll bet that there wasn't a fully automatic weapon (other than the police) within five miles of that club. Reporters will say anything to embellish their "stories".

Just seems to me that this incident comes at just the right time for the anti-gun crowd. Sort of like that Amish school shooting incident came at a very convienent time for the Democrats as it was just before the elections.

Convenient as in "Typical shit luck for legal Mass gun owners" or convenient as in "The CIA did it"?

PS: LEOs what is the legal status on owning ballstic armor in Mass?

I thought I read somewhere that it was illigal for civvies to own.....

Under Federal law, it's illegal for violent felons to even posses body armor. Other than that... what Len posted.

I hope the POS wasn't liscensed.

It won't matter much, Mark. The media often doesn't even tell people
whether or not a perp had a license.

Also, in the eyes of the sheeple that hue and cry for bans, whether or not
the person was licensed or not means very little to them. Most of them don't
even have a clue of how the laws work here, or what is required to
get a license.

-Mike

Did he work there or something , how did he get into a club that closed a 1/2 hr before?

Are you kidding me? The guy had on body armor and was carrying a rifle! He simply walked in (apparently after shooting a few folks outside).

It's not like a club locks the door the second they close. "Closed" means that when you walk in and try to order a drink, they say, "Sorry man, we're closed." It doesn't mean that the place is locked up like a fortress with the lights off.

Herald update

Update from the Herald.......

Three dead, two officers hurt, after shooting at strip club
By Dave Wedge and Jessica Heslam
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - Updated: 10:07 AM EST

A gunman with “a lot of problems” who gunned down two before apparently killing himself early today at a New Bedford strip club had been kicked out of the club but slipped back in dressed in SWAT gear and armed with an M-16 weapon determined to settle a score, the club’s owner told the Herald today.
Foxy Lady owner Thomas Tsoumas identified the dead gunman and Scott Medeiros, a contractor who had done electrical work at the New Bedford nightclub.
According to Tsoumas, Medeiros had come into the club earlier Monday night looking for his girlfriend who was a bartender. But Medeiros, who had problems with employees in the past, was kicked out, Tsoumas said.

At the club’s 2 a.m. closing time today, Medeiros slipped back in through a rear door armed with an M-16 semi-automatic rifle and executed doorman Bobby Carreira, 32, said the club owner.
“(Medeiros) came back to, evidently, settle the score,” Tsoumas said.
“This is one of the most sad events I can imagine,” Tsoumas said. “For this to happen at one of our nightclubs is just totally unimaginable.”
According to Tsoumas, Medeiros then turned the weapon on the club’s general manger, Tory Marandos, 30, who is the club owner’s nephew.
Tsoumas said of his nephew, “A finer man God has not put on this earth. He always put himself second.”
A dancer on stage was also wounded in the shootout before Medeiros went outside and apparently shot at police wounding two, according to officials.
After the shootout with police, Medeiros returned inside the club where he apparenly killed himself, police said.
“This is a young man who had a lot of problems,” the club owner told the Herald. “He apparently just lost it.”

sounds like it wouldn't have mattered if he had an "M-16" (or AR-15 [rolleyes] ) or a freaking 9mm... he very easily could have done this with any fire arm...

But the antis will cry for a ban on "M-16" like rifles and 5.56mm rounds no doubt...

You don't think it will really matter, do you?

Gary

Of course not, however if he didn't have a license, they will not say one way or the other if he did, but if he did have a license you can be DAMN well sure they will make it a focal point to the story!

Back
Top Bottom