• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This Is What It's Like To Be Shot At With an AK-47 in a Mercedes-Benz!

Talk about standing/sitting behind your product. Balls of steel, he doesn't even flinch once. There is another vid out there if him sitting in a chair behind a piece of the glass being shot from ~10-15 ft away.

Here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may not be able to hit him, but it looks as if he would be blind after a dozen rounds or so.

Theres always reverse as well which is how i would be leaving the situation. Reverse, j turn, bye bye cya later unless blocked in.

While these videos are pretty badass, and I give the dude a ton of credit for marketing his product like this, I assume the 3rd or 4th shot in the same place will break through... right?

While these videos are pretty badass, and I give the dude a ton of credit for marketing his product like this, I assume the 3rd or 4th shot in the same place will break through... right?

I would say so.

I car is awesome.

I wish I had an extra $200,000.

Brand New 2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 4Matic Sedan: Black exterior with black interior, very well equipped.
Approximately 100 miles, in excellent condition, no defects...
$180,000 USD, FOB Texas, USA

European B6+ Protection Level - 7.62x51 NATO, AK-47 and M-16 ammunition protection

Includes the following optional equipment:

(2) Front door partially operable windows

http://www.texasarmoring.com/bulletproof_cars_for_sale.html

so,,,, they demonstrated a bullet resistant windshield,,,,,,, thats nice. what about the rest?

They obviously didn't want to wreck the whole vehicle by shooting at the panels, but they are completely armored as well. They used the glass because that has more of a dramatic presentation and is where most attackers would aim first. The other reason is that repairing the damage is super easy, and much more cost effective to just replace the glass versus filling and repainting panels.

This is the vehicle I would want if/when I have the scratch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb7T_dHOyJE

shoot out the engine block then all armored vehicles turn into an oven when lit on fire. but still cool.

Would have been way more impressive if the shooter had walked a horseshoe around the car dumping mags into the whole things.

Of course, we know they only shoot the windshield because they can replace it and not have to scrap the entire car.

One HUGE weakness to this vehicle. It only gets 5 miles to the gallon. Which means you just need to follow it around for an hour or so and wait until they have to get out and get gas. Headlines would read, "Man shot to death outside his armored gas guzzling vehicle as he fills up his tank!"

I would love to see a Kevlar encased radiator.

$200,000 and you're telling me they can't modify the airflow setup for the radiator? I'd imagine they'd have plate armor over the radiator with ducting and likely a fan to pull air to it. If they can find a place to stick 10 radiators in a Bugatti, I think they can duct some air around to make room to place some armor.

$200,000 and you're telling me they can't modify the airflow setup for the radiator? I'd imagine they'd have plate armor over the radiator with ducting and likely a fan to pull air to it. If they can find a place to stick 10 radiators in a Bugatti, I think they can duct some air around to make room to place some armor.

Now you are talking about re-engineering the airflow for the entire vehicle. The Bugati you mention is a rear engine car and half of those radiators are for the brake and oil, both of which can be strategically placed. I don't see a snorkel on the Mercedes or Range Rover. Do you?

I don't doubt that they have reinforced it but you can't just put a steel plate in front of it. Airflow isn't magic. Big ass engine needed to pull all that extra weight around too and every big engine needs tons of air.

Last edited:
Just throw a bunch of oak leaves in the radiator, and wait for it to overheat!

I like the idea about painting the windows. Didn't they do that in Kelly's Hero's?

These professionals stand behind their product. Was the Mexican janitor gag really necessary though?

Just throw a bunch of oak leaves in the radiator, and wait for it to overheat!

I like the idea about painting the windows. Didn't they do that in Kelly's Hero's?

Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best.

Eg While most people try to force the heavily reinforced door to gain entry to a house/apartment, the wall 2' to the side is little more than sheetrock or plywood.

A cheap paint bomb is all that's needed to disable the vehicle and force its occupants to exit, then pick them off one by one or toss a grenade when a door opens.

Back
Top Bottom