• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This is neat... Bill Title: Relative to pistols permitted for the taking of deer.

RJDN 04

NES Member
This is neat...
Bill Title: Relative to pistols permitted for the taking of deer.

Spectrum: Partisan Bill (Republican 5-0)

Status: (Passed) 2021-04-26 - Signed by Governor Sununu 04/23/2021; Chapter 6; Eff: 06/22/2021 [HB192 Detail]

Download: New_Hampshire-2021-HB192-Enrolled.html

Meh. Specifying calibers is stupid. Give a min bullet diameter. These lists are codified pet list nonsense.
I agree, and I brought that up during committee hearings. But, calibers were already codified. We're expanding them, and working towards having legal equipment defined through administrative rulemaking (which is much faster).

Good but how do you prove that your 1911 never had >6 rds in it? Same with .357Sig pistols?
i called them and asked the specific question, with regards to hunting with AR's and they said its not the mag capacity, its jsut how many rounds you have in it. i honestly thought, wow that's pretty refreshing...

Meh. Specifying calibers is stupid. Give a min bullet diameter. These lists are codified pet list nonsense.
Then you'll have idiots arguing that .380 is the same diameter as .357 Mag.
So 357 Sig will be allowed, but 454 Casull will not? Seems backward.

Instead of listing calibers they should allow a minimum bullet size, weight and muzzle energy.
This makes more sense.

So 357 Sig will be allowed, but 454 Casull will not? Seems backward.

Instead of listing calibers they should allow a minimum bullet size, weight and muzzle energy.

I agree but frankly it has to be simple enough for the average "not a gun guy" hunters to understand and apply.

Naming specific cartridges is tedious and has frustrating holes in the lineup... but maybe that could be improved?

I agree but frankly it has to be simple enough for the average "not a gun guy" hunters to understand and apply.

Naming specific cartridges is tedious and has frustrating holes in the lineup... but maybe that could be improved?
I spoke with Rep Tim Lang last weekend and told him that calling out specific calibers leaves a lot to be desired. He said he's take another look at it.

Back
Top Bottom