• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This is how bad the .22LR shortage has become

I have noticed that also, I did find a few boxes of 357 critical defense but it was like $ 45.00 for 50 rounds, I let that slide.

Tim

Yeah it's only been tiny amounts of expensive self defense stuff. I only found one 100 round box of JHP's at Wal Mart in Hadley and then it stopped selling ammo until recently.

I have had much easier time finding .22lr than .357. Boltthrower if your having trouble finding .380 try dicks sporting goods. I have seen boxes the last 3 times ive been to my local stores. They seem to be getting shipments regularly.

I have had much easier time finding .22lr than .357. Boltthrower if your having trouble finding .380 try dicks sporting goods. I have seen boxes the last 3 times ive been to my local stores. They seem to be getting shipments regularly.

I have, they only get self defense stuff from what I've seen in more than one.

im doing it wrong [sad2]

Yeah me too. And I was happy to just receive 2100 rounds to bring my total stock up to around 4500. And a lot of that is mini-mag.

I recently started moving a bunch of stuff around and I found a few boxes of CCI stingers I'd forgotten about. Happy happy.

Remember velocitors? Those were zippy as hell. Haven't seen those in years.

Last edited:
Yeah me too. And I was happy to just receive 2100 rounds to bring my total stock up to around 4500. And a lot of that is mini-mag.

I recently started moving a bunch of stuff around and I found a few boxes of CCI stingers I'd forgotten about. Happy happy.

Remember velocitors? Those were zippy as hell. Haven't seen those in years.

the last bulk pack i bought were velociters, Flint had them, this was right when the whole ammo shortage started.

I bought 1000 rounds of .22lr on Wednesday @ a local gun shop and I bought 1650 rounds of .22lr at Walmart on Thursday .... I got the last of their stock.

Not a bad week. [smile]

Last edited:
Velociters work really well in my Ruger MkII and 10/22. How much, and are they still available, and where is "Flint"?

every one knows flint is in bedrock---a shortened name of flintstone[rofl]

kidding of course---flint armament? is in fall river---nice store just off 24 haven't been there in since I was down that way last summer decent pricing on firearms and definitely worth stopping in if your in the area

friendly people, a lot of variety including tactical clothing, ear pro, accessories of all kinds

Article from yesterdays Anchorage Daily News:

Big shortage of little bullets: Alaskans line up to buy .22 ammo

While an ammunition shortage may be easing across much of the nation, Alaskans are still having a hard time finding .22-caliber ammunition, the smallest of rifle and gun cartridges. In fact, if you aren't at the sporting goods store or gun shop when it opens in the morning, you might have a better chance of encountering Bigfoot roaming the aisles than of finding ammunition for your .22-caliber weapon. It is a shortage that has been years in the making and has hampered gun enthusiasts, recreational and competitive shooters. It has led to daily lines of people standing outside Anchorage stores like Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse, waiting for the doors to open so they can get to the freshly stocked ammunition.

http://www.adn.com/2014/05/11/3466090/big-shortage-of-little-bullets.html

About 20 people lined up at the Sportsman's Warehouse store on Old Seward Highway on Tuesday -- many had gotten there a half-hour before the place opened, hoping to get their hands on one of the 30 boxes of .22-caliber cartridges that would be available that day. Once the store opened they made a mad dash to the gun counter, where waiting employees -- without saying a word -- simply handed each a 500-round box. Within 10 minutes it was over. All the .22 ammo had been sold. The scene was similar on Wednesday at Cabela's and plays out regularly across Alaska.

At least when they can get it, they get a full brick, not just one or two boxes at a time.

You do know that playing with dead things is a sure sign of mental instability, don't you?

[laugh]

BTW, I still haven't paid more than .05 rd. You just have to troll the shit out of the online sources. It also helps to have you CC data stored on the site. I have had a few instances of OOS by the time I put in my billing data. Those pissed me off...

free market.

I can't believe what butt-ugly crap on Antiques Roadshow is "worth", either.

The appraisers are under pressure to come up with high values to keep the show interesting. This was admitted to by the Skinner & Co. appraiser who valued some jade pieces at $1M which later sold for about $500K through that auction house.

The last boxes of CCI Minimags I bought went for $6.50/100 at Wally World. Still have most of them.
I also have most of the 22LR bulk packs I got before the rush to hoard and gouge. If I can get some
at pre-retard prices I pick up another box.

Malodave

I finally shot some of my .22 this weekend, first time in 6 months, maybe about 50 rounds. I was getting nervous though, knowing that I'm not going to be able to find any more. I'm down to my last 12,000 rounds or so, so this is getting serious.

.22lr and powder are both starting to show up again in coastal Oregon. Has to be a sign that it's at least starting to come back everywhere. What are you guys seeing elsewhere? Anything at all coming back?

I don't think we'll ever see prices drop down where they were before the insanity

Stock is creeping back up, and prices are no longer insane. It'll be interesting to see what kind of prices the dealers will be trying to get at the [thread=339138]Concord,NH show[/thread] later this month.

The shelves at Walmart are now starting to fill up again, finally.
Shooter's Outpost is starting to stock full bricks of CCI again, and I'm seeing bulk packs at Walmart and online.

Back
Top Bottom