This is how bad NJ sucks for gun owners

• Thread starter Finalygotabeltfed
  • Start date
I'm pretty sickened by this to the point I've thought about calling the guy to express how disappointed I am at his failure to uphold the constitution, even though I know it would do absolutely no good and could somehow probably cause me problems or get me on some list

lol. I grew up in Jersey. I remember when I turned 18, I applied for this license. You had to give 3 references so I gave my friend's dad in NH. They sent him a questionnaire and on the back he wrote "I hope this isn't costing the NH taxpayers too much". I got called down to the station and the Sargent yelled at me for a good 10 mins just because of that. He said he couldn't deny me the license but if he ever caught me speeding or so much as parked wrong, he would be coming after me. I couldn't understand why the heck he took that so offensively!

Don't have a half-hour to watch the vid.

Reader's Digest Condensed version, please?

From Youtube:

CAUGHT ON TAPE - NJ2AS EXCLUSIVE: Undercover video shows blatant and open discrimination in processing firearm's applications at Orange Police Department in NJ. Detective Sergeant Chris Garey is documented discussing the various ways he has denied firearms permits for women, the elderly, and other groups. He tells a disabled, law-abiding citizen that he would deny him for a firearm license should he apply, when the undercover videographer holds a valid permit in another town, illustrating the arbitrary abuses regarding second amendment rights in our state. This is part 1 of a comprehensive dive into the numerous ways New Jersey's courts, legislators, and law enforcement officers actively conspire to keep citizens disarmed in the Garden State.

Don't have a half-hour to watch the vid.

Reader's Digest Condensed version, please?

Honestly, it's half an hour of a licensing sergeant telling this dude that there's no way he's getting a firearms license because he's physically disabled. Cop says the same would apply if he was old, a small woman, young, or had any of several other disqualifying factors. Find the time to watch it when you can, it's infuriating.

Pretty sick SOB. He is part of the real war on women. His actually said that women shouldn't be allowed to carry guns because men are stronger and can just take the gun away.
How about this. An armed woman is more likely to save taxpayers the cost of a trial and incarceration and save herself the psychological trauma of a vile attack.
The "detective" basically admits that he wants the criminals in his district to have a safer work place. Effed Up Totally.

From Youtube:

CAUGHT ON TAPE - NJ2AS EXCLUSIVE: Undercover video shows blatant and open discrimination in processing firearm's applications at Orange Police Department in NJ. Detective Sergeant Chris Garey is documented discussing the various ways he has denied firearms permits for women, the elderly, and other groups. He tells a disabled, law-abiding citizen that he would deny him for a firearm license should he apply, when the undercover videographer holds a valid permit in another town, illustrating the arbitrary abuses regarding second amendment rights in our state. This is part 1 of a comprehensive dive into the numerous ways New Jersey's courts, legislators, and law enforcement officers actively conspire to keep citizens disarmed in the Garden State.

Never mind any 2a issues for a moment, the whole process and determinations for suitability/denial needs to be taken to court based on civil rights
and discrimination.

Sad thing about that though, even if a judge had the balls to rule that the Chief could no longer deny based on age, gender or disability, they'd just find
another way or excuse.

Reminds me of my first visit to the Licensing Authority... accept there was no such thing as an "on-line" form.
And, now that I think of it, this guy had a nicer personality than the fat Irish cop I talked to.
Oh, Lowell in the early 1980's...

You'd like to think that having that video coupled with a denial from him that you'd be able to slam dunk that in court as pretty much what the left likes to call a "hate crime".

But then you remember this is NJ where the Judge is probably more corrupt than this officer.

My biggest question is why does that licensing officer even have a job? What is he needed for? Just to tell people no?

Just remember...Christie is the govenor of that shithole...

I'm going to get so many negative marks for this but here it goes:

It is insane to me that a well spoken black man employed as a police officer is actively stopping people from being able to defend themselves.

He must be ignorant of history. Gun permits were created by democrats after the civil war to STOP black people from owning guns, so they would be easier to lynch.

The reason we have marriage licenses was because democrats didn't want blacks and whites marrying each other.

Democrats are racist. And the 90% of blacks who are democrats are fundamentally ignorant of what they are voting for.

I'm going to get so many negative marks for this but here it goes:

It is insane to me that a well spoken black man employed as a police officer is actively stopping people from being able to defend themselves.

He must be ignorant of history. Gun permits were created by democrats after the civil war to STOP black people from owning guns, so they would be easier to lynch.

The reason we have marriage licenses was because democrats didn't want blacks and whites marrying each other.

Democrats are racist. And the 90% of blacks who are democrats are fundamentally ignorant of what they are voting for.

I mean, they're all salient points, but IBTL anyway.

I don't know what everyone is waiting for. Time for pitch forks and torches, Frankenstein is on the loose and he calls himself your government.. WTF [shocked]

When I became disabled in '04, that was got even interested in getting a permit. Before that, I didn't even know you could go to a store and buy a gun, and do get a permit you had to take a month of classes.
Where was I going with this? I'm glad I don't live in Jersey, or I'd still be defenseless

Back
Top Bottom