• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This Guy Is Screwed

Derek - Well, as you say, the laws have been there forever and like them or not they are well known. And maybe they have done something to prevent hijackings... other than the 9/11 flights I cant remember a single hijacking. I took a quick look on Wikipedia and the last passenger plane hijacked in the US prior to 9/11 was in 1987 and none since then. As far as having 20 dudes carrying guns on airplanes, from some of the folks I have seen a public ranges, I would be more worried about them shooting a hole in the side of the plane than preventing a hijacking.

Which would do absolutely nothing, other than make a hole. And your point is?

I'm waiting for this awesome explanation you're about to give us all about how a few innocent people being shot and possibly killed in a crossfire is somehow worse than the entire plane of people being flown into a building. So let's hear it, because otherwise I think your entire post is nonsense.

Last edited:

I'm waiting for this awesome explanation you're about to give us all about how a few innocent people being shot and possibly killed in a crossfire is somehow worse than the entire plane of people being flown into a building. So let's hear it, because otherwise I think your entire post is nonsense.

Everyone would get sucked out of the tiny holes right!?? No, you'd just plug them up with whatever body part was going to get ejected first [grin]

Even flown with a gun in states outside of the NE? I have. Most of the time they don't want to even bother looking at your firearm. I've declared places when checking luggage, got a hand wave and passed the orange ticket, done. No inspection, no signing anything. Here's you're stupid orange piece of paper the TSA requires we give you, have a nice flight.

Most of the country is not like MA.

- - - Updated - - -

This. Refuse to take possession. Tell them why. They will hold the bag for you or have it shipped to your final destination.

DO NOT TOUCH THE BAG.

This

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Which would do absolutely nothing, other than make a hole. And your point is.

I guess you are unfamiliar with decompression. It can be very unpleasant if not fatal to the aircraft and the passengers. And, I don't think your post makes much sense either so I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
I guess you are unfamiliar with decompression. It can be very unpleasant if not fatal to the aircraft and the passengers. And, I don't think your post makes much sense either so I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree.

Mythbusters did this and the plane did not "explode" when the fuselage was shot with 9mm.

The Myth - Explosive decompression can occur when a bullet is fired through the fuselage of a pressurized airplane, causing the hole to grow dramatically and possibly cause the plane to break up as seen in movies such as U.S. Marshals.
Verdict - Busted
Notes - Sealing a decommissioned DC-9, seating Buster, and pressurizing it to 8psi (55kPa), the team remotely fired a 9mm pistol through the window, then the fuselage. Neither resulted in more than a 9mm (0.35in) hole, so they wired a window with detonating cord, which blows the window out, but fails to suck more than Buster's arm through. A 100grain (6.5g) shaped charge successfully caused catastrophic failure. They reviewed Aloha Airlines Flight 243, where a Boeing 737 safely landed despite an explosive decompression.
This myth was revisited in MythBusters Revisited.[2]

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. So I must become a lawyer to understand all the states laws?
99% of lawyers don't know all the state laws.

If you don't know by now that boarding a commercial aircraft with a gun is a no no, then you must be living in a cave. The mere mention of the word gun has been causing panic among the sheep for a long time so there is no excuse especially if you're a gun owner.

- - - Updated - - -

Ideally there should be no guilt in Not knowing the local laws for guns, this is or was America, we should be able to go from one end of the country to the other with out having to read a hand book of laws from state to state ~

View attachment 82261

Tim [devil2]

And if shit was gold I'd be a very rich man now.

If you don't know by now that boarding a commercial aircraft with a gun is a no no, then you must be living in a cave. The mere mention of the word gun has been causing panic among the sheep for a long time so there is no excuse especially if you're a gun owner.

- - - Updated - - -

And if shit was gold I'd be a very rich man now.
I know old people here in mass that have no clue of our gun laws and don't even come close to following them. So an older guy in Texas comes as no surprise. Not every generation was raised as pussies.

I know old people here in mass that have no clue of our gun laws and don't even come close to following them. So an older guy in Texas comes as no surprise. Not every generation was raised as pussies.

So you're the guy I see at the airport check in line with the pistol on his hip and AR slung over your back.

Who gives a shit if he knew what the rules in that cesspool are or not, the fact remains that this guy will become a felon by breaking an UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAW

Half the damned problem with this country are *******s who don't put the blame where it belongs..in this case the damned gun control advocates in the state of New York and the racists and thugs who got the laws passed in the first place.

Last edited:

I guess you're unfamiliar with reality.

nu uh, the vacuum it creates would suck everyone's internal organs out through the hole! :p

Exactly, it has nothing to do with being a lawyer and knowing the laws in every state. At some point common sense has to kick in and you have to ask yourself "hmm I'm going to a notoriously anti gun state, I'd better look into that before I go there."

Also courts have maintained that ignorance of the law is no excuse. I learned that many years and it has been a legal theory since the Roman Empire.

There was a time when you could be pretty certain you weren't violating any laws because you weren't hurting anyone.

There was a time when you could be pretty certain you weren't violating any laws because you weren't hurting anyone.

I can't think of a time during my adult lifetime where NY was ever considered gun friendly.

I had to look it up, New York has had crazy laws since 1911 when the Sullivan Act went into effect, so for over a hundred years this has been the case, not a new situation by any stretch of the imagination.

Not defending the law merely pointing out this is not a new phenomenon there.

Last edited:
as much as NYC police harrassement is rampant, NOBODY in any state in the union walks onto a plane with a gun in their carry on luggage. The guy is simply an idiot, or possibly has been living under a rock the last 20 years.

as much as NYC police harrassement is rampant, NOBODY in any state in the union walks onto a plane with a gun in their carry on luggage. The guy is simply an idiot, or possibly has been living under a rock the last 20 years.

This is all our problem in a way, do we support the guy or abandon him cause his brain don't work the way we think it should, some people just don't get it as fast as some of us would like, I am one of those guys that wants an instant intelligent thought, others are ok with a wait for their answer, I guess if I had my way we would all be screwed cause the tolerance level would be set too high, some of us have school smarts and others street smarts, some have trailer park schoolin and others just have shit cause mom and dad were not there, I find it hard to choose sometimes I really do.

Tim

I can't think of a time during my adult lifetime where NY was ever considered gun friendly.

I had to look it up, New York has had crazy laws since 1911 when the Sullivan Act went into effect, so for over a hundred years this has been the case, not a new situation by any stretch of the imagination.

Not defending the law merely pointing out this is not a new phenomenon there.

The Sullivan Act was passed specifically to protect racketeers from being shot by honest citizens. Permits were handed out like candy to criminals connected to the criminals in charge of the city. Nothing has changed in NYC since then.

Back
Top Bottom