THIS CUSTOM HANDGUN IS MADE FROM A 4.5 BILLION-YEAR-OLD METEORITE AND DAMASCUS STEEL

commodon

NES Member
The outrageously over-the-top 1911 pistol is unlike any other firearm on earth.

BY JOHN SCIARRINO , DEC 5, 2018

facebook-linked_image___cabot-promo.jpg

Cabot is renowned as a luxury gunmaker that is obsessed with precision and craftsmanship, often using unique and rare materials in bringing their truly outrageous designs to life. Their latest collectible gun is the Stellar Fusion 1911 pistol that just might be a crowning achievement for the company.

cabot-4.jpg

Similar to their incredible Big Bang Pistol Set, the Stellar Fusion also uses material from the 4.5 billion-year-old Gibeon Meteorite. However, setting the Stellar Fusion 1911 pistol apart from its Big Bang counterpart, are even more rare materials, including rare Damascus steel and a mysterious desert glass that was scooped up by Cabot’s material sourcer.

cabot1.jpg

That glass, a showpiece in the Stellar Fusion, was a scientific mystery until recently when iridium and osmium banding within the glass confirmed that it, like the Gibeon Meteorite, came from space. It’s the same super rare glass that adorned King Tut’s mummified remains in a necklace buried with the Egyptian Pharaoh. The barrel was plated in 24 carat gold, which only adds to the gun's aesthetic appeal.

cabot-2.jpg

The end result is literally a stellar fusion, bringing together these extra-terrestrial materials to create a one-of-a-kind 1911 Colt .45 pistol.

Cabot isn’t listing any pricing for this piece - you’d have to contact them directly for a personalized quote - but the Big Bang Pistols went for $4.5 million and Cabot's equally impressive Platinum Mamba knife fetched $150,000 if that helps contextualize this one-of-a-kind weapon packing a seven-figure price tag.

From This Custom Handgun is Made From a 4.5 Billion-Year-Old Meteorite and Damascus Steel | Maxim

Saw a show on Discovery about the build.
Amazing craftsmanship. All CNC milling.
They used computer imaging to get all they
could out of the meteorite. Nice work but
way out of my price range!

It's handsome, but does it actually work? Who's gonna pull the trigger on that bad boy? F**k it. They can keep it. I can buy a shit - ton of 3 - 4 hundred dollar guns for the price of that one. Very Cool, BUT......

Overkill factor is big with this one.... normally I'd make a joke about wanting one, but this doesn't interest me at all! I'll stick with my Glocks

I would be concerned that a fracture in the metal would cause it to blow up.

The first round is a doozy.

Once fired, the gun will lose most of its value.

Besides that I can’t think of a more collectible 1911.

Also, not Massachusetts compliant.

The actual method to make TRUE Damascus steel has been lost. Everything made these days is really 'Damascus style" steel. So unless the maker has a time machine and he went back to learn the actual method, it's not true Damascus. Not that there's anything wrong with modern made Damascus steels. Especially with the alloys we have to work with and knowledge gained about metals over the years.

I've often though of getting a Caspian Damascus slide for a 1911 (either one I have or a new one). Just hasn't made it to the 'purchase' spot on my [extensive] list.

I would be concerned that a fracture in the metal would cause it to blow up.

The first round is a doozy.

Once fired, the gun will lose most of its value.

Besides that I can’t think of a more collectible 1911.

Also, not Massachusetts compliant.

I'd vote it's a curio for sure. So C&R friendly.

The episode on the Big Bang duo was on Gun Stories last week. Joe Montegna is NOT a good host for that. I appreciate his gun enthusiasm. But. . . . . he sucks as a host of anything. Great actor, s-word'y host.

Anyhow, it was an interesting episode about a stupid pair of guns.

Its mis-matched colors, textures and material choices reminds me of this...

812971d1394174672-photo-chop-your-car-mismatched-panels.jpg

facebook-linked_image___cabot-promo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom