This Blows!!!

first world problems ;)

What is it?
OK, I like having lever gun/revolver combos, got them for the 41 mag, 44 mag, and 357 mag. I picked up a 45 colt lever gun and I want a revolver to go with it, but after thinking it thru I would rather go with a 454 Casull as you get a 2 for 1 out of that so I've been looking for a Super Redhawk, not the Alaskan as I want a longer barrel but of course my timing sucks.

And I haven't even started looking for a 44/40 revolver to go with that lever gun!

OK, I like having lever gun/revolver combos, got them for the 41 mag, 44 mag, and 357 mag. I picked up a 45 colt lever gun and I want a revolver to go with it, but after thinking it thru I would rather go with a 454 Casull as you get a 2 for 1 out of that so I've been looking for a Super Redhawk, not the Alaskan as I want a longer barrel but of course my timing sucks.

And I haven't even started looking for a 44/40 revolver to go with that lever gun!

Well the 44/40 will be easier for sure! Especially with a C&R

Can't find one or can't find one at the price you want?
Can't find one, and every dealer I talk to says forget it, at least for now. I've resolved myself that there will be a premium on everything these days and I can live with that, am I going to pay 3k for a $1500 gun, no f***ing way but its unrealistic to think your not going to pay more than you would in non-stupid times.

I have a Win 94 in .307 Winchester I'll sell cheap if you find a pistol in that caliber. [laugh]

What's next, a 45/70 BFR and matching lever gun?

How reliable is that?

Comparing to a new Colt Python...

I heard the new Colt Pythons have problems.

Also, is that S&W available without the lock?
Haven't shot it, too damn cold out this weekend but the x frames have been around for a while now and unfortunately stuck with the lock. As for comparing to the new Python I can't say having never even held one but I did see a video on Youtube about an issue some guns had but i'm not sure what that issue was. There is also the difference in caliber which is huge.

Haven't shot it, too damn cold out this weekend but the x frames have been around for a while now and unfortunately stuck with the lock. As for comparing to the new Python I can't say having never even held one but I did see a video on Youtube about an issue some guns had but i'm not sure what that issue was. There is also the difference in caliber which is huge.
I had to do some research:

I just hope the recoil is not too harsh. Claims not to be due to the weight of the gun.

I have fired a 500 S&W before and did not like it.

I'd rather shoot something that would be more enjoyable rather than causing pain after 50 rounds.

I really like the look of that revolver.

I had to do some research:

I just hope the recoil is not too harsh. Claims not to be due to the weight of the gun.

I have fired a 500 S&W before and did not like it.

I'd rather shoot something that would be more enjoyable rather than causing pain after 50 rounds.

I really like the look of that revolver.
There's definitely some recoil management with the size and the brake on it but you sure as hell can feel it. After shooting mine, the .44 MAG felt like a 9mm. If you're in the Worcester area, you can come shoot mine.

Back
Top Bottom