• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

thinking of getting my first 1911

Ruger SR1911. There are a few stores out there who have a few in stock. Just call around and ask.

This. Got mine for 650...you shouldnt pay more than 700 in general, amd it shoots like a dream. 500+ rounds with no failures yet.

Sent from my Verizon Commando Smartphone

Get the SR1911, and then put some VZ grips on it. [wink]

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1516.jpg

I have discovered my SiGArms 1911 has a little trouble with standard holsters. It's a little fatter than milspec I guess.

The Sig slide is a bit wider and more squared off than the traditional 1911. Sig does now make a 'proper' 1911 slide though.

I tried to explain that to my wife just this morning when she was asking why I "need" another damn pistol![laugh][rolleyes]
I don't even have my LTC yet but I buttered up the dragon lady today and told her about the impending liberal/obama apocalypse and how we need to arm ourselves properly. I think she bought it. scare tactics - we can use them to our advantage too [smile]

I don't even have my LTC yet but I buttered up the dragon lady today and told her about the impending liberal/obama apocalypse and how we need to arm ourselves properly. I think she bought it. scare tactics - we can use them to our advantage too [smile]

Whatever works. I never have a problem buying guns or ammo. If anything were to come up, I'm sure I would just tell her that protecting her, future children, and future pets will be enough to end the conversation. She will be applying for her license when she gets some time. What I find funny is that most women don't prefer pink guns, it is us guys that like to think they do. But, they do prefer "pretty guns". Maybe I will buy her a nice G26 then.[wink]

My favorite Youtube duo: these guys are great. Very informative videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading through this thread I went with the Ruger SR1911. After 2 days and 175 rounds, I'm very happy! Got mine Collector's Gallery in Stoneham for less than the Four Seasons price.

Back
Top Bottom