Thinking of getting back into shooting and thinking of doing IDPA

Dave:

The second link that Mike provided has the following text:

My interpretation of this, perhaps incorrectly, is that you can stow a magazine in your front pocket during unload and show clear. Is your interpretation different?

Oh that is a brand new one... I should have read it better! LOL. Looks like we're safe for now.

I call first dibs on the 34 when you sell it in 6 months. You're either going to never use it be buying an open gun. [smile]

HAHA 3 things will happen:

1.) I will get the G34 (it's a definate) and shoot production and IDPA and shoot when I feel like it and be very happy.

2.) I wil get the G34 and Not use it like the last 3 M&P's I bought and end up selling it. However, I think I will just keep this puppy for the next time I get the itch.

3.) And very likely- I will get the G34 and use it a few times to realize that I need to get another Brazos gun and order a limited and/or open gun and repeat the process all over and spend tens of thousands of dollars on this hobby again.

I'm hoping for #1.

HAHA 3 things will happen:

1.) I will get the G34 (it's a definate) and shoot production and IDPA and shoot when I feel like it and be very happy.

2.) I wil get the G34 and Not use it like the last 3 M&P's I bought and end up selling it. However, I think I will just keep this puppy for the next time I get the itch.

3.) And very likely- I will get the G34 and use it a few times to realize that I need to get another Brazos gun and order a limited and/or open gun and repeat the process all over and spend tens of thousands of dollars on this hobby again.

I'm hoping for #1.

The smart money is on #3![laugh]

Didn't you guys hear the latest news? He bought a Glock, Dillon press and gear and sold it already! He couldn't take the pressure in IDPA!

Hey it's all good. I bought a ton of guns and had tens of thousands of dollars invested. I sold said guns and started my own business doing what I love and am no longer working for crappy companies. Now that things have settled down I'm in a position to start replacing my lost guns and presses etc.

As for IDPA who knows what will happen. I'm sure I'll end up buying a double stack limited gun and an open gun but this time Keeping them. haha

Pete- it's part of the mental preparation you need before shooting again... it's like you're getting hazed. Glad you love what you do now. I'm jealous.

Well IMO you need to be thinking about the 75 Shadow T or the SP01... both of which are tough to find. There are tons of CZ75 variants out there... you'd want to get one without the FP block for sure. To get the CZs to work well- you are going to be in the neighborhood of $1K... I got mine from Angus at the custom shop. If you are thinking IDPA the Shadow T is the way to go.

I got mine from the Custom Shop also. I got the CTS long slide, which is hand fit to the frame. I'll never get rid of it, coming up on 3K rounds since February.

Well, im going to order a 34suprise this week regardless of what i end up doing. Im sure somehow i will end up buying an open gun. Haha. Cant believe im going to buy a Glock.

I have a idea, How about a open glock? I just might know where you can get one[wink]

Pete-

Come back and shoot Production with Dave and I. We have been having some fun in this division for a few years now. It would be good to see you shooting again.

-Matt...

Pete, there's an IDPA match at Pelham on Saturday. If you haven't gotten your Glock yet you're welcome to borrow my M&P9L. I've got mags, holster, and holders. Just bring $20, ammo, a belt and a fishing vest!

Pete, there's an IDPA match at Pelham on Saturday. If you haven't gotten your Glock yet you're welcome to borrow my M&P9L. I've got mags, holster, and holders. Just bring $20, ammo, a belt and a fishing vest!

Thank you so much for the offer that is ultra generous. I'll be in Vegas this weekend with the wifey so I won't be around.

Thanks,
Pete

Back
Top Bottom