Thinking of buying one of these.

Looks a tad sketchy pusing on the blade of the sight just feels like trouble....?

Looks like an apparatus for drilling out tumblers on a safe. only missing the heavy duty suction cups...

I own one. It works fine.

If you want to learn from my mistakes:
  • Be careful about the positioning of the pusher, to make sure it's low on the sight.
    • I've bent a Dawson once by pressing it too far towards the top into a too-tight dovetail.
    • Depending on the geometry of the pistol, you might want to start by pushing on the dovetail end for the first lateral movement (although if you have to do this, it might mean the dovetail needs to be filed a bit more), then readjust a little so you're as low on the fin as it will go until you hit the frame, then readjust a little more so you'll be just above the frame at the final position.
    • I wish the threads on the height adjustment were a little finer - basically, I've found the the need to use a combination of the height adjustment and the pressure of the vice nuts to get adequate positioning.
  • Oil the threads on the screw and run it back and forth each time before using.
    • Screw isn't that strong, you can definitely bend it a bit if you, like me, crank down when the presser is actually binding on the frame rather than just pushing the sight
  • Don't crank too heavily
    • make sure the dovetail matches well, you might have to file it down
    • For a friction fit dovetail on the front sight, I, following Dawson Precision, now recommend using loctite 620 instead of a too-tight dovetail fit
      • I relied on the dovetail fit on my 1911, and literally lost a sight on the final stage of a match
      • 620 is 'impervious to gun cleaning fluids'.
    • Loctite 262 for rear sight and anything with threads, but might not stand up as well to cleaning.

a universal pusher for 117? super deal, the ones I was looking at were well over 200 bucks.

Bought it a few months ago from Midway USA. I was thinking about it when it was close to $200, when they put it on sale it was a no brainer. Nicely made piece, as said before, proper set up is key.

I ordered mine at about 11PM last night; arrived b4 lunch 2day (Amason Prime).

I suspect some sort of price error/discrepeancy. The Amazon page shows a price of $117 if you buy one; about $235 each if you buy a 2 or 3 pack and $278 each if you buy a 5 pack. None of this makes any sense. Technical analysis would call this a "buy signal".

The unit is very robustly built, and comes from a name brand manufacturer (which probably means you can get parts).

https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-710905-Engineering-Armorers-Handgun/dp/B07L8KHYDQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544331514&sr=8-3&keywords=wheeler+sight+pusher&th=1&psc=1

I ordered mine at about 11PM last night; arrived b4 lunch 2day (Amason Prime).

I suspect some sort of price error/discrepeancy. The Amazon page shows a price of $117 if you buy one; about $235 each if you buy a 2 or 3 pack and $278 each if you buy a 5 pack. None of this makes any sense. Technical analysis would call this a "buy signal".

The unit is very robustly built, and comes from a name brand manufacturer (which probably means you can get parts).

https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-710905-Engineering-Armorers-Handgun/dp/B07L8KHYDQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544331514&sr=8-3&keywords=wheeler+sight+pusher&th=1&psc=1

Yup its does not make sense. Got mine the other day.

thumbnail_IMG_4898.jpg

Last edited:
I own handguns but have never shot seriously or shot well for that matter.
So this device is used to line up front and rear sights very precisely to maximize accuracy/

Very pleased with mine; worked nicely with my Glock 43. Also ordered the thin walled 3/16" socket wrench for the front sight (Amazon offers many varieties of this)

I own handguns but have never shot seriously or shot well for that matter.
So this device is used to line up front and rear sights very precisely to maximize accuracy/
I wouldn’t say line up so much as carefully manipulate dovetailed sights one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom