• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thinking of Buying a new Pistol

Would one of the below be too big?

Encore Pistol, 15" Barrel

270 Win
284 Win
308 Win
30/06 Sprgfld
300 Win Mag
300 H&H Mag
338 Win Mag
350 Rem Mag
444 Marlin
45/70 Gov't
450 Marlin

They're also got .264 Win Mag and 7mm Rem Mag available soon.

I was thinking T/C Encore "Pistol" myself.

I've been using the AK (WASR) in the woods this year. Short and light, very comfortable, fairly accurate, even if the 7.62x39 is a little light by my standards.

I've been trying to find an affordable Magnum Research Lone Eagle in 458 Win Mag, but haven't had any luck so far. Should've bought the one I saw at a gun show several years back.

YES, I'd use lighter than factory loads in it.

Adam_MA said:
Ok... I'm in!

I'll either find a Lone Eagle or buy an Encore, and that would likely be 450 Marlyn or a belted Mag, like 300 Win, 300 H&H or 338 Win.

I wonder if I would have enough room to rechamber the 338 Win Mag to 338 Lapua Mag? 8)

Funny that you guys mention the Contender. I got to check one out today in .223, scoped. What a pistol. Belongs to the dad of one of the guys I work with. He showed me just about everything in his safes. Luger, Nambu, Lignose, Blackhawk, Bearcat...

C-pher said:
I've got the T/C Encore in .308. I love to watch people shoot that one.

I usually see them go up on one foot and the only words I've heard people say after was, "DAMN!" or "WHOA!"

It's pretty cool.

We need to find some time to go to the range together, C-pher. I'll try your .308 T/C, and you can try my .357 COP. [twisted] We can do the whole macho stupidity of seeing who says "ouch" first. [roll]

dwarven1 said:
C-pher said:
I've got the T/C Encore in .308. I love to watch people shoot that one.

I usually see them go up on one foot and the only words I've heard people say after was, "DAMN!" or "WHOA!"

It's pretty cool.

We need to find some time to go to the range together, C-pher. I'll try your .308 T/C, and you can try my .357 COP. [twisted] We can do the whole macho stupidity of seeing who says "ouch" first. [roll]

OH Yea...I'm all about it. We really do have to work something out.

Back
Top Bottom