Thinking of an SR22

I am still very new at this but I think the very nature of the cheap 22 round is the major problem, I have had bullets almost fold off and out of the brass with some brands, others stick in the barrel cause of bad sizing, some just don't have enough bang to chamber the next round, it is frustrating at times, CCI seems to work best but who can find that all the time, good thing my son has an SP101 in 22 cause if we get a bad batch of rounds that will spit them out every time.

Tim

FWIW, I've used Federal, Winchester, CCI, Remington, and a number of the boxes were in sealed metal cases from before Sandy Hook/obamascare. They still don't feed as well as I'd hope, but they're good for rapid mag change/clearing jam drills with the kids

the sr22 i bought my girlfriend eats any 22 i give it. never failed except for when i didn't lube it properly. i let it get really dirty so it was a me problem. my mag release button is a little sticky but i love the gun

my mag release button is a little sticky but i love the gun

Got the same thing going on with mine, lube don't seem to do much, I did notice if I push the grip back up from time to time it helps, the grip seems to slide down after a while and has an effect on the mag seating or clicking in correctly.

Tim

I got one a few weeks ago for my first gun and I like it. It feels a lot better to me than the Mark II I used in two different shooting classes. I'm a small guy and I wasn't afraid to try shooting it one handed/left handed. I shot 200 rounds of Federal Champion with no problems the first time out. It's pretty easy for a beginner to take down and clean too.

I am still very new at this but I think the very nature of the cheap 22 round is the major problem, I have had bullets almost fold off and out of the brass with some brands, others stick in the barrel cause of bad sizing, some just don't have enough bang to chamber the next round, it is frustrating at times, CCI seems to work best but who can find that all the time, good thing my son has an SP101 in 22 cause if we get a bad batch of rounds that will spit them out every time.

Tim

Clickboom, this happens with 22lr bulk ammo sometimes. I try to stay with CCI or Federal. Seems to work best. If it becomes a real problem try to pick up High Velocity ammo as it usually cycles better. Also, I have never had much luck with Remington golden bullets. They are junk and also leave a crappy clear coat on your barrel. Easily cleaned but still I am not a fan. Good luck.

Another vote for "Buy it." Easily one of my favorite guns to shoot. It comes to the range every time I go.

pick one up for my wife at Pullman Arms about 6 months ago, haven't really had a chance to shoot it all that much due to a lack of .22LR

I may have put about 300 rounds through it, never had any problems whatsoever...except for a few ammo related issues. nothing the piece itself was responsible for however

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

After a thorough cleaning, I took my SR22 to the range last night, and using Winchester Super X, it wasn't cycling properly at all. Failure to extract, failure to feed, a classic clusterf#ck. Switched to Federal/CCI and it ran perfectly. So, at least mine is a little picky, but I don't have much of the winchester stuff floating around.

After a thorough cleaning, I took my SR22 to the range last night, and using Winchester Super X, it wasn't cycling properly at all. Failure to extract, failure to feed, a classic clusterf#ck. Switched to Federal/CCI and it ran perfectly. So, at least mine is a little picky, but I don't have much of the winchester stuff floating around.

I have found, in general the quality of the ammo I have purchased recently is crap. I was having issues with my High Standard and my MKIII the last few range trips. i dug out one of my old boxes of Blazer and there were no issues in several hundred rounds through each gun. I have a bucket with all the Federal and Winchester duds I have had over the last few months. At first I thought it was my guns but I took all the duds and re-ran them through one of my 10/22's and none fired.
I think they are putting it out so fast that the QC sucks

One of my ranges switched from Sig Mosquitos to SR22s they have half a dozen of them and use them all the time for their Firearms classes. I have been thinkin of getting one too, Sort of a moist (as opposed to dry) [smile] fire practice and impromptu plinking in the summer.

I found myself between a mosquito and an sr22 last year. After much googling and reading through various online forums, I chose the sr22 as it seemed to have less reliability issues.
That said, it is a great little shooter and a lot of fun...as ling as i feed it the ammo it likes.
So far ive found that it only runs reliably with remington green box and CCI minimags.
Having to buy the more expensive ammo for it to function 100% kind of ruined it for me. Ive had it sent back to ruger but it is still the same, seeing as the factory function tests using minimags
Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Love ours and haven't had one issue so far shooting a box of 525 Remington golden bullets. Four Seasons has the best price at $300 for the black. Bought my silver slide model at Pullman Arms for $340(got them to price match Old Mill Gun Shop). Discovered Bob's Gun & Archery in Webster has it for $335. This is a great cheap gun to shoot and every review calls it a winner over the Walther P22. Great to use for training new shooters due to no recoil and easy to rack the slide.

interesting, I've had no problems with any bulk ammo i've thrown through it.

Same thing here. I have had the occasional dud, but that is ammo related, not the gun itself. I guess like always, though with anything mechanical, sometimes you end up with a lemon. Fortunately most reviews are like ours that eat anything, with only a few cases of them being finicky. I also think that proper lubrication and cleanliness may help especially with low recoil guns like these to run smoothly.

I got bought one tonight and shot it without cleaning it first (yeah yeah... I know). Wasn't perfect with the shipping grease but it really was a blast. Enough so that my friend left the range and bought one himself :)

Back
Top Bottom