Thinking of an SR22

I am thinking of purchasing an sr22 to help me teach the wife to shoot. I definitely want a 22 semi for this task. Anyone with a valid reason I should not purchase one or a better option. I am trying to balance value with reliability. I like the of the Sig mosquito as well, I have fired both, but I have not heard good things about the Sig.

The SR22 is an excellent choice. The gun is very hungry, eats anything for ammo.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Don't buy this gun. It eats too much ammo and is too fun to shoot. You will never find enough 22 ammo to keep it and youself happy. Once my wife and daughters got ahold of mine, I had whole 525 round boxes of Rem. golden bullet just disappear.

I traded mine for something else, and Ive been missing it. I like the gun I traded for, but Ive been thinking about getting an sr22 again. Would be a great gun to introduce someone to shooting. Ive only shot the Mosquito once and it had a few malfunctions in the short time I used it. Ive heard they can be picky about what ammo is used. The sr22 ate everything with very few problems.

Wow, no offense but this is like the the 100th new thread that will end up being the exact same as the previous 99 on this topic. I'll summarize. SR22 eats anything (never seen a hungrier gun lol) Sig Mosquito is a POS, but no no no, mine is great... let's see Ruger Mk 2, 3 w/e is great but a pita to clean.

or search sr22 and see it for yourself...

/thread

Last edited:
As others said it's the best semi .22 out there right now and your biggest problem will be finding any .22 to feed it with, but it will eat just about any brand you can find. The only negative thing I can say about it is that they really should have made the safety the same as the rest of the SR line so that it could be used as a cheap trainer for the 9mm, or larger versions. The safety is really hokey in that it works in the opposite direction of most (needs to go up to disengage the safety), and when the safety is on it also disengages the trigger, which I don't like either because it adds more complication which could cause problems down the road. Other than my gripes about the safety, though, it is a great little gun.

When I had mine, it ate everything. Literally everything. Never 1 issue with the gun whatsoever. Ruger really hit a home run with the design and manufacturing of that little gun.

Every time I take mine to the range there is someone who is shooting the Sig or Walther version that sees my SR22 and says "I wanted to buy the Ruger but they did not have it in stock. So I bought this instead."

Wow, no offense but this is like the the 100th new thread that will end up being the exact same as the previous 99 on this topic. I'll summarize. SR22 eats anything (never seen a hungrier gun lol) Sig Mosquito is a POS, but no no no, mine is great... let's see Ruger Mk 2, 3 w/e is great but a pita to clean.

or search sr22 and see it for yourself...

/thread

I am the proud owner of a Sig Mosquito. What a piece of crap. Sig should be ashamed to have their name associated with it.

I bought 4 of them, one for me, the wife, and the 2 kids.

I don't know, but the 2 I've unboxed have feeding issues. One has the sights off by a country mile high and right too.

Maybe they just need some break-in.

A range buddy just bought a new one Friday, and he had feeding issues today too. The jury is still out for me.

I am still very new at this but I think the very nature of the cheap 22 round is the major problem, I have had bullets almost fold off and out of the brass with some brands, others stick in the barrel cause of bad sizing, some just don't have enough bang to chamber the next round, it is frustrating at times, CCI seems to work best but who can find that all the time, good thing my son has an SP101 in 22 cause if we get a bad batch of rounds that will spit them out every time.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom