• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thinking About a CZ 75BD

The 75BD is great. And a classic looking handgun without the rail.

I wouldn’t say the SP01 is better. They’re different.

So get both.

You can't go wrong with a CZ. Depending on what your intended use is, one or another model may suit your needs better. If you're looking for a full-size then the 75BD is perfectly fine. If you want a smaller version, then the PCR with thin aluminum grips would work better, especially for everyday CCW. If you want a rail then there are tactical versions available. I've no use for a rail so it's more weight in my book.

Many folks send theirs off to CZ Custom Shop or Cajun Gun Works for small adjustments (polishing, reduced weight springs). In my opinion you can achieve the same effect as most adjustments by buying a well-used CZ. They start out excellent and only get better with age.

You can't go wrong with a CZ. Depending on what your intended use is, one or another model may suit your needs better. If you're looking for a full-size then the 75BD is perfectly fine. If you want a smaller version, then the PCR with thin aluminum grips would work better, especially for everyday CCW. If you want a rail then there are tactical versions available. I've no use for a rail so it's more weight in my book.

Many folks send theirs off to CZ Custom Shop or Cajun Gun Works for small adjustments (polishing, reduced weight springs). In my opinion you can achieve the same effect as most adjustments by buying a well-used CZ. They start out excellent and only get better with age.
It's not for carry, my G19's work well for that purpose. It will be a range toy and since so many shooters rave about them I want one.

picked up the CZ 75 BD last night and just from Harvard. HOLY SHIT, this pistol is awesome. I shoot this pistol much more accurately than my Glocks but it's a full size piece of steel vs a G19. I've been having problems with the slides not looking to the rear after the last round w/my G19's but not with the CZ. Now I need better grips and sights. Anyone have the compact? There could be a slightly used Gen 4 G19 or a almost new Gen 5 G19 for sale soon.

picked up the CZ 75 BD last night and just from Harvard. HOLY SHIT, this pistol is awesome. I shoot this pistol much more accurately than my Glocks but it's a full size piece of steel vs a G19. I've been having problems with the slides not looking to the rear after the last round w/my G19's but not with the CZ. Now I need better grips and sights. Anyone have the compact? There could be a slightly used Gen 4 G19 or a almost new Gen 5 G19 for sale soon.

I have the P01 Omega (same as compact), it’s my favorite shooter. I need thinner grips for carry but the rubber is comfortable.

I have a 75 D PCR Compact and love it! It's my EDC. I shoot it better than any other hand gun in the safe (including a SP-01). The ergonomics are fantastic for me. YMMV. I replaced the front sight with a Dawson fiber optic from CGW. Tried thin aluminum grips too, but went back to the factory rubber grips.

Note to self: must buy another CZ...

Go to the Cajun Gun Works and pick up a trigger/hammer upgrade and short reset kit. You will be 80% of the way to the competition models at a fraction of the cost.

All my CZs so far are compacts. Love them. It all started with the CZ82 for me. Best trigger on a milsurp.

P-01 is my favorite. Hit a 10"plate at 100 yards with it. Pure luck but still awesome.

Next got a Rami, first shot ever with it was dead center at 10 yards. Again pure luck. Never repeated. Then got a PCR. Haven't shot it much but love fondling it

Next CZ will be full size, I'm going big. 97BD.

I’ve got the P01 and a 75D Compact. I kick myself for selling my SP01 Tactical. I thought I had a line on another one with the CGW pro package but that deal didn’t work out.
Then my CZ obsession took over and I have spent all my money on other full size versions.

What model? I just ordered some G10 grips from Hogue.
Checkered palm swells for my SP-01 Shadow and Shadow 2. He makes them extra wide - additional 0.040" on each grip to help fill my larger hands.

Then he made extra wide checkered grips with mag release cutout for my Dan Wesson 1911.

Henning Group grips are nice. Pricey but nice

I'll take that a step further and say they're awesome. I have them on my Shadow 2 and they're like velcro, but aren't so aggressive that they uncomfortable after shooting all day.

Back
Top Bottom