think this is a good deal?

I've found a Baikal IZH-35M that I can buy for just under $600. Not sure how many of you are into .22's, but from what I've researched it's pretty much an olympic quality pistol for very very cheap. Not pretty, but built nice. Comes with 4 mags, a laser sight mounted under the barrel, and a hard carry case (not original). Includes the scope rail also. It looks exactly like this pic (isn't the same gun)

IZH-35M28-24-06a.jpg

These are pretty rare... and the advantage would be I could examine it closely before buying, and possibly even fire it before. Anyway, it'd be my second gun in a week [smile] so I'm not sure how nuts I'm getting haha! Anyone have one of these or have any idea how much they're worth? They're no longer imported, I know that much.

-Tom

No way, don't buy it at all! You should tell me who has it for sale so I can let them know "I" need it [smile]

I don't know much about that type of gun, but it sure looks "sweet".

Don't worry about the gun purchases. I received my LTC A at the beginning of June, and have purchased four guns already (three hanguns, and a rifle). Just make sure your bank account can handle it. [sad]

They just recently in the past few years have stopped making them.
They sold for about $400 when new. The price has gone up from there.
there is also rumors that the Baikal factory might start making them again someday.

Here's everything I've gleaned over the years on these guns, which may be a slightly inaccurate, but it's as close as I can get.
The mystique of the gun comes from the designer http://www.khaidurov.com/. Khaidurov is probably one of, if not, the best designer of precision target pistols.
He designed a number of guns that were, and are still used in the olympics, such as the Toz35 free pistol. He also designed a number of custom pistols that were only made for the best olympic shooters on the Russian team. One of these was the khr30 or XP86. These were co-designed by Khaidurov and another person named Raznarov. The XP86 was the blueprint for the Feinwekbau pistol design. The Baikal factory, being a Russian industrial manufacurer, makes firearms and tractors and other heavy machinery. the factory took a simplified design of one of Khaidurov's pistols and mass produced it. It is a simplified version of one of his hand built custom designs.
The RUMOR is that the factory only tools up for production of certain products every couple years. They haven't produced the IZH35 in a while, and it may be that it isn't profitable any more for them, but the gun has been in demand ever since it hasn't been available. It may be that the factory is making more money on other products.

Last edited:
Well I couldn't resist! Pics and info will be up later when I finish reassembling it! [smile]

Also, the gf is gun-friendly, so she didn't scold me too bad... she just makes fun of me for getting .22's when she shoots a 44 mag occasionally [crying]

Back
Top Bottom