Think its time for a Dillon 1050

Funny cuz I wish I just got a 650 over my 550. I wish I had a round count thru it. My guess is 80,000. That's a lot of manual indexing

Funny cuz I wish I just got a 650 over my 550. I wish I had a round count thru it. My guess is 80,000. That's a lot of manual indexing

I got my 550 around 1999. I figure I've loaded around 50,000 rounds on it.

I would prefer a 650 so that I could have another station.

I got my 550 around 1999. I figure I've loaded around 50,000 rounds on it.

I would prefer a 650 so that I could have another station.

A lot of guys just set up another press alongside their 550 or whatever and run the volume stuff through the 650 and the stuff they shoot less out of the 550, etc... or keep one large primer, one small, etc.

-Mike

A lot of guys just set up another press alongside their 550 or whatever and run the volume stuff through the 650 and the stuff they shoot less out of the 550, etc... or keep one large primer, one small, etc. -Mike

Yup. I will keep the 550 if I decide to order another press.

A lot of guys just set up another press alongside their 550 or whatever and run the volume stuff through the 650 and the stuff they shoot less out of the 550, etc... or keep one large primer, one small, etc.

-Mike
My bench looks like this:

- Left front corner: 550b in Dillon strong mount
- Center front: Classic 1050
- Right front corner: Case Pro 100

1050 arrived this afternoon.. Couldn't wait and set it up and ran a few rounds... WOW!! What a machine.. I need to do a bit more tweaking on the swager, but what an awesome machine. I am going to have to learn not to push forward on the up stroke any longer to seat primers... that wil be a hard habit to break..

I put in my Hornady bullet feeder and it works like a champ... Looking forward to cranking out some rounds this weekend.... I am a happy reloader....

1050 arrived this afternoon.. Couldn't wait and set it up and ran a few rounds... WOW!! What a machine.. I need to do a bit more tweaking on the swager, but what an awesome machine. I am going to have to learn not to push forward on the up stroke any longer to seat primers... that wil be a hard habit to break..

I put in my Hornady bullet feeder and it works like a champ... Looking forward to cranking out some rounds this weekend.... I am a happy reloader....

Congrats. The 1050 is a great machine. Just watch how fast your powder, primers and bullets disappear!

My bench looks like this:

- Left front corner: 550b in Dillon strong mount
- Center front: Classic 1050
- Right front corner: Case Pro 100

Very similar to my bench except I missed out on the Strong mounts. I elevated all of my machines (except the Case Pro) with wooden stands because Dillon was a little late with this improvement. I even have my 1050 about four inches above the bench so I can operate it without bending at the waist.

If anyone else is looking for a 1050 because of thia thread, Cape Gun Works is selling their 1050 setup that was lightly used for $1500. Didn't get any details when I heard the price.

Could you talk about the advantages of a Mark 7 1050 Autodrive over the 650 Autodrive? I think the 1050 has more stations -- can it swage primer crimped primer pockets?

Could you talk about the advantages of a Mark 7 1050 Autodrive over the 650 Autodrive? I think the 1050 has more stations -- can it swage primer crimped primer pockets?

Only the 1050 has the swager as part of the tool head. The 650 does not. As far as overall functionality/cost, if you don't need the integrated primer swager station, the 650 is the way to go. I picked the 1050 because I use a lot of range/military crimp brass and got tired or manually decrimping.

The Mark 7 will pump out 1,000 plus rounds an hour on either a 650 or 1050.

Just noticed I get two popping sounds when raising the handle on the 1050. Sounds/feels like the cases are sticking both on the resize/deprime (station 2) and swage removal (station 3). On station 3, the support rod has an expansion ring at the top and it sounds/feels like it sticks when raising the handle.. has anyone else using the 1050 run into this?

It is just like this in the video...(not my 1050)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNegajElwLg

Just noticed I get two popping sounds when raising the handle on the 1050. Sounds/feels like the cases are sticking both on the resize/deprime (station 2) and swage removal (station 3). On station 3, the support rod has an expansion ring at the top and it sounds/feels like it sticks when raising the handle.. has anyone else using the 1050 run into this?

It is just like this in the video...(not my 1050)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNegajElwLg

Are you wet-tumbling your brass?

Are you wet-tumbling your brass?

no.. All corn cob/walnut shell media. I seem to have greatly reduced the clicking/poping by swapping out the dillon resizer for an EGW 9mm decap/resize die. This eliminated the pop from this station. Then lubed the swager and support rod with Hornady Case lube and also sprayed the brass with Hornady case lube. The poping from the swager station is very minimal now and nothing like what is seen in the youtube video. Could all be user error, newbie issues and or something else.. All good now.. just cranked out 300 rounds hand feeding bullets with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom