• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Think I was sold a Mass non-compliance firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historical events on April 28th...

• 1503: The Battle of Cerignola becomes the first battle in history won using gunpowder and small arms.
  • 1788: Maryland ratifies the U.S Constitution on this day. It’s the 7thS State to do so.
  • 1789: During the Mutiny on the Bounty, 18 sailors and Lieutenant William Bligh are set adrift while the rebel crew returns to Tahiti and then to Pitcairn Island.
  • 1792: The French Revolutionary Wars begins when the Austrian Netherlands is invaded by France.
  • 1869: 10 miles of track is laid in one for the Central Pacific Railroad by Irish and Chinese laborers. It’s a feat that hasn’t been matched since.
  • 1881: Billy the Kid breaks out of the Lincoln County Jail in the town of Mesilla in New Mexico.
  • 1944: 9 German Schnellboots (or as the Allies called them: E Boats) attack units from the U.S and the U.K as they were practicing Exercise Tiger – a rehearsal for the Normandy landings. Over 946 servicemen are killed.
  • 1945: Benito Mussolini and his mistress are executed by a firing squad.
  • 1952: General Dwight D. Eisenhower steps down as the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO.
  • 1952: The occupation of Japan by the United States ends when the Treaty of San Francisco comes into effect.
  • 1969: Charles de Gaulle steps down as France’s President.
  • 1970: American troops are officially authorized to fight communist sanctuaries in Cambodia by United States President Richard Nixon during the Vietnam War.

bahhhhh bahhhhhh bahhhhhh goes the sheep

Bwahahahahahahahaha goes the NES members.

Great thread. We're grumpy. We're liberal hating. (Well, OK.) Window lickers. Lesbians. Price gougers. And those were only the ones I guffawed at.

I have truly been surprised at times what guns are available at what shops. I recall one new-ish shop that was plugging the G43 at the Plymouth show one Spring. "Uhhh, you're going to have G43's??" "Oh yeah!" OH NOES is what I thought. LOL. I believe they got a talking-to.

But the onus is on the dealer. I have a couple of non-compliant guns in my arsenal bought from FFL's. Every time I asked them, "This is for sale here?" "Oh yeah!" is the response I got. Bokay!

Have any of you window-lickers ever stopped to consider that a firearm might not be compliant with the regulations of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts because that firearm is patently unsafe, as evidenced by its lack of certain safety features? I'm shocked and appalled that anyone would even want a gun that our state government officials hadn't blessed. Even if I didn't live in Massachusetts I would screen all my future firearm purchases through the MA list (lists?) to make absolutely certain that I wasn't buying an accident waiting to happen. Hell, I even modified my great grandfather's WWI-issued 1911 modified to include a loaded chamber indicator. If the Commonwealth says it's critically important who the hell am I to question it?
Same here. I even engraved the end of a revolver barrel "Caution. the bullet comes out here". Jack.

Have any of you window-lickers ever stopped to consider that a firearm might not be compliant with the regulations of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts because that firearm is patently unsafe, as evidenced by its lack of certain safety features? I'm shocked and appalled that anyone would even want a gun that our state government officials hadn't blessed. Even if I didn't live in Massachusetts I would screen all my future firearm purchases through the MA list (lists?) to make absolutely certain that I wasn't buying an accident waiting to happen. Hell, I even modified my great grandfather's WWI-issued 1911 modified to include a loaded chamber indicator. If the Commonwealth says it's critically important who the hell am I to question it?
This couldn't possibly be sarcasm, could it?

I agree. I'm even Massifying my Crosman air rifle.

image.img

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom