Things that make you go "hmmm" - (related to the shooting of the 14 year old)

Article in the Herald about the mother of the 14 year old who was shot a month or so ago. She's outraged that the accused killer was ARRESTED ON CHARGES OF GUN POSSESSION a few months before the murder.

The revolving door courts let him go.

She is the primary public face behind the "1-gun-a-month" bill.

Joshua Fernandes, charged with first-degree murder in the May 30 slaying of Dearborn Middle School eighth-grader Nicholas Fomby-Davis, was nabbed Nov. 17, 2009, in a car with a known gang member and a loaded .38 handgun, according to a police report.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...mother_furious_at_courts/srvc=home&position=0

Last edited:
That .38 no doubt was bought by a licensed MA gun owner, who, after filling out all the paperwork, going through the FBI check, recording his name and address and the gun's serial number in the dealer's book, went to the 'hood and sold it to a gang-banger. Happens all the time, according to our governor.

Hold on folks. I don't know about you, but I do not believe that posession of a loaded gun should be a crime.

Let's not be hypocrites.

What I do believe is that being a member of an organized crime gang, should be a crime. And its members should be held accountable for the crimes committed by the gang for which they contribute to.

I think sometimes Massachusetts is a little bit lenient on these kids that’s doing this stuff,” the dead boy’s mother, Latrina Fomby-Davis told the Herald.

A little bit? Saying MA is a "little bit" lenient is like saying Liberace was a "little bit" gay.

No no no, JayD, we'd never do that. The Easter Bunny is real...er...WAS...

easter_bunny_death.jpg

So sorry.

HooVoo caused me to spit coffee all over the monitor. Pic was priceless................even though you shattered my sheltered little world

Hold on folks. I don't know about you, but I do not believe that posession of a loaded gun should be a crime.

Let's not be hypocrites.

What I do believe is that being a member of an organized crime gang, should be a crime. And its members should be held accountable for the crimes committed by the gang for which they contribute to.

That's all well and good and I applaud your stance. But look at this realistically. He was arrested for violating a gun law and they kicked him loose. He should've been convicted with the laws that are on the books. Now they are pressing for more gun laws. It would appear that the legislators and do gooders are after the legal guns. Not the illegal ones.

What ever happened to that whole Minimum 1 year sentence for illegal possession of a firearm in Mass?? Or is that only to be used on the 75 year olds that actually believed the FID for life was actually issued for life?
Or is there just a gang banger Loop-hole exemption?

What ever happened to that whole Minimum 1 year sentence for illegal possession of a firearm in Mass?? Or is that only to be used on the 75 year olds that actually believed the FID for life was actually issued for life?
Or is there just a gang banger Loop-hole exemption?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

For some reason, prosecutors seem reluctant to use the law to put offenders away for a year.

Maybe they think it's racist or something.

If it was a white guy on a motorcycle in the northern back roads of Connecticut, accidentally ended up on a stretch of road that was technically in Mass, he'd have the book thrown at him.

Seriously, The REAL problem here is the judge. It's the old "We're depraved because we're deprived" defense. They will find any excuse they can to avoid holding any of these young thugs responsible. Of course, the news media won't put the name of the judge out there so that the public can shower him with righteous indignation. The facts in the case, as I understand them, were that there was a loaded gun found in the car with these two goons. Since the accused killer didn't own the car or have his prints on the gun, the judge let him walk. Seems like the judge could only infer innocent motivation to this jerk. "Honest judge, we were only sitting in that car because we got no place to go!" At 14 yrs, these "kids" know more about avoiding a beef than the prosecutors trying them. So Cadillac Deval just blames us! A sad state of affairs.

I don't disagree with your stance on this, but the fact that they're trying to use the death of this young man to push more unreasonible gun laws when they aren't enforcing the ones they already have is the point this article is trying to make. Didn't Deval Patrick even say that this 14 year old would still be alive if MA had his proposed gun laws on the books? How come this gang member wasn't subjected to a "dangerousness" hearing and indefinite lockup without trial like Mr. Girard was a few months back?

The fact still remains, whether you or I agree with it or not, that possession of a handgun without a license is a criminal offense here in Massachusetts, which carries a mandatory sentence of at least 1 year in prison iirc. The shooter in this case should have been in jail, and using this crime to push more gun control is idiotic.

Seriously, The REAL problem here is the judge. It's the old "We're depraved because we're deprived" defense. They will find any excuse they can to avoid holding any of these young thugs responsible. Of course, the news media won't put the name of the judge out there so that the public can shower him with righteous indignation. The facts in the case, as I understand them, were that there was a loaded gun found in the car with these two goons. Since the accused killer didn't own the car or have his prints on the gun, the judge let him walk. Seems like the judge could only infer innocent motivation to this jerk. "Honest judge, we were only sitting in that car because we got no place to go!" At 14 yrs, these "kids" know more about avoiding a beef than the prosecutors trying them. So Cadillac Deval just blames us! A sad state of affairs.

Found this in the comments section.
bullmeechum said:
The Judge that set this murderer free to further terrorize Dorchester residents is Judge Leslie Harris from Dorchester Juvenile Court. This poor excuse for a Judge is an embarrassment to the Commonwealth and now he has blood on his hands.

Back
Top Bottom