Things getting real in St. Louis - Armed Lawyer couple keeps BLM at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bother has done well for himself and he lives very close to where this happened. Yes, he lives in a big ass old house with historical importance on a private street and gated community, less than 1 mile from where this took place. I am not in regular contact with him and we don't see each other that much and it has been that way since the mid 80s. I spoke with him tonight to see how things were and see what is going on. I was extremely disappointed because he felt these people were out of line and this was "More bad press for St. Louis that they don't need. They should have left things alone and everything would have been OK". The conversation didn't get any better as things went on and it ended rather abruptly when I asked him if he wanted to borrow my AR in case they came by his house. Some people just don't get it.

Hope they don’t need to re-load!😂😂 and they definitely need training, she has some terrible trigger finger discipline 😂😂

You're confusing "range" trigger discipline with "tactical" trigger discipline.

Her finger was exactly where is belonged in the couple of seconds of the clip that I watched: On the trigger.

Not everyone trains or think they even need training. In this case the show of force was good enough. Yet another example of why we need firearms.
She needs to learn to keep her finger out of the hole. :p

Relax. I agree with you. They were fully justified to do what they did, and I'm glad they did it.

But they do need work on their gunhandling. Like a LOT of the others in the flyover states that NES is depending on to save us all. If anything, this is a warning to us on this board (who, by definition, are all very serious gun enthusasts): when the zombies come, a whole lot of our fellow gun owners are going to be a risk to themselves and us as well as the zombies. It would be prudent to plan for that.

I've been a gun owner and shooter in four different states, all very widely separated by geography, coast to coast and places in between. Some folks on this board have no idea what gun ownership is like in other states. Plenty of people in flyover country take gun ownership for granted, and are not serious about it. That's good to know, I think.
I agree with all of this.

I will also add that with the corona BS going on right now, it is extremely difficult for people to get training, even if they desire it. From what I have seen, a lot of people actually desire it, even in
places where it's not required. Anyone who wants to get into the gun training game now, even though it's "a bit late" if you get certed by the fall or something there are still going to be plenty of people looking for help. Regardless of who gets elected I see this trend continuing well into next year. The big barrier right now is for live fire and all the club restrictions all over, but that doesn't preclude things like meaningful remote or classroom instruction, etc. One trend I have noticed with SOME of the newer buyers is outside of the ultra panic retards, there are a lot of people who have come out of the woodwork that may have been on the fence about owning a gun for years, and this pushed them over the edge, so to speak.... a lot of these people are more concious about making sure they know how to use the gun they just bought, properly.

Those homeowners should have worn masks (being careful not to obstruct peripheral vision) and plain clothing. Then they can't be 100% identified.

My bother has done well for himself and he lives very close to where this happened. Yes, he lives in a big ass old house with historical importance on a private street and gated community, less than 1 mile from where this took place. I am not in regular contact with him and we don't see each other that much and it has been that way since the mid 80s. I spoke with him tonight to see how things were and see what is going on. I was extremely disappointed because he felt these people were out of line and this was "More bad press for St. Louis that they don't need. They should have left things alone and everything would have been OK". The conversation didn't get any better as things went on and it ended rather abruptly when I asked him if he wanted to borrow my AR in case they came by his house. Some people just don't get it.

FWIW.....I have a close relative that lives in a big dumb donk dump who has repeatedly voiced to me that 2A protects muzzleloaders.....

This person is starting to wake up and sounded "concerned" recently when in pasing they indicated concern that its as difficult to get a gun as it is.....

Leftists ARE waking up.....

Those homeowners should have worn masks (being careful not to obstruct peripheral vision) and plain clothing. Then they can't be 100% identified.

Nah

They should have never come out of the house......

Should have had open second floor windows on the side where the 'protesters" were.....in case they decided to loot/riot.......and lose the pink shirt and puts some boots on already

Nah

They should have never come out of the house......

Should have had open second floor windows on the side where the 'protesters" were.....in case they decided to loot/riot.......and lose the pink shirt and puts some boots on already
And put on some shoes. :)

Considering this guy's political donation history, if what @AHM posted was true, ...
  1. xlek.com
  2. Enter "Mark McCloskey", "Missouri".
  3. Click on "Public Campaign Contributions" to scroll to the proper stanza.
  4. Apply common sense to results.
If it's crap data, then they're crap results.
(And sorry in advance about that, it that turns out to have happened).
But the hits I see only plausibly match the pink shirted protagonist's ID,
not someone else with the same name in the same state.

On Hannity now
ORLY?[popcorn]

OK, maybe brandishing isn't the accurate capture of the actual law, but hasn't Mass been aggressive for prosecuting 'assault with dangerous/deadly weapon' in cases that were simply someone trying to de-escalate? Myth? I keep hearing it over and over- don't point a gun at someone unless you actually need to pull the trigger or it's not self defense. Would the couple defending the home not be facing charges in Mass?

Somehow I have completely missed the facts that would back up a 'not this shit again' statement. I'd be glad to be pointed in the correct direction.
If it legal to shoot them, it’s also legal to show your gun and not shoot them.

The "protestors" were clearly trespassing, but I really can't find it within myself to side with a pair of lawyers. This situation was like two wolf packs fighting each other and I really can't say I support one over the other.

That said, I'm glad that rich lawyers exist because the mobs of looters will target their house before mine.

Want to know why you need 30-round magazine clips? Because shit can get very real in under 2.2seconds that’s why.

Buy cheap and all that good stuff.

Her finger was exactly where is belonged in the couple of seconds of the clip that I watched: On the trigger.
Finger should be straight and off the trigger until ready to fire. She was doing niether. Can you honestly say that she had the proper sight alignment and sight picture? I saw a woman who desparetly needs a lot of training...with Fire Arms and Situational awareness. What we saw was raw emotion...after that mob kicked in the gates and trespassed its time to find some cover in that nice stone house of yours and engage any threats that are definitely going to cause you harm. When u point a gun at people like she did, it’s assault. Nobody was making a move to try and harm her or her property ( I know they kicked in a gate to get on the street). Now, verbal threats are a different ball game and none of us really know what was said ( other than the FU’s and bullshit). It was idiots marching and yelling and a woman pointing a gun at them. If a mob of hundreds was marching down your street would u run onto your front lawn with your G19 and tell them to leave or I’ll shoot? I know I wouldn’t. But, if they come down my street with molotovs and make a move to destroy my property or to cause deadly destruction to my neigherhood and all that’s in it they will never know what hit them. That my friend is situational awareness and tactics, not raw emotions.

Yeah I agree completely. Too many range commandoes here. Those people never place their finger in the hole until the moment they are going to pull it. Must make it hard to fire more than once since they have to remove the finger from the trigger between each shot.
These are the same people that couldn't shoot that crowd of people because they are too paranoid to shoot more than 1 round per 7 seconds.
The type that, after removing the upper from their AR, or the barrel from the shotgun will still treat the barrel as if its a loaded gun.

Me. Finger on the trigger. Safety on Binary, red dot ON, rifle shouldered and pointed at someone's head the entire time while shouting to leave.

OH NO, my life is in imminent danger, trigger control or the interWEEBS will shame me for it.

RC

T
The whole neighborhood (94 homes), is recorded in the National register of Historic Places

Front entrance...

View attachment 369038

Some of other the homes in that neighborhood make the lawyers place look like the guest house by comparison...

View attachment 369039

View attachment 369040

View attachment 369041

View attachment 369043

View attachment 369044

Question is, since it's on the Nation Register of Historic Places 'where does the right to public access begin and end'?
time to reinforce the dainty little gates.

Finger should be straight and off the trigger until ready to fire. She was doing niether. Can you honestly say that she had the proper sight alignment and sight picture? I saw a woman who desparetly needs a lot of training...with Fire Arms and Situational awareness. What we saw was raw emotion...after that mob kicked in the gates and trespassed its time to find some cover in that nice stone house of yours and engage any threats that are definitely going to cause you harm. When u point a gun at people like she did, it’s assault. Nobody was making a move to try and harm her or her property ( I know they kicked in a gate to get on the street). Now, verbal threats are a different ball game and none of us really know what was said ( other than the FU’s and bullshit). It was idiots marching and yelling and a woman pointing a gun at them. If a mob of hundreds was marching down your street would u run onto your front lawn with your G19 and tell them to leave or I’ll shoot? I know I wouldn’t. But, if they come down my street with molotovs and make a move to destroy my property or to cause deadly destruction to my neigherhood and all that’s in it they will never know what hit them. That my friend is situational awareness and tactics, not raw emotions.

So, have you like not read this thread?

"A mob of at least 100 smashed through the historic wrought iron gates of Portland Place, destroying them, rushed towards my home where my family was having dinner outside and put us in fear of our lives," he said. "This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets. We were told that we would be killed, our home burned and our dog killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob."

Maybe you should stay in your lane.

The "protestors" were clearly trespassing, but I really can't find it within myself to side with a pair of lawyers. This situation was like two wolf packs fighting each other and I really can't say I support one over the other.

That said, I'm glad that rich lawyers exist because the mobs of looters will target their house before mine.

They are both lawyers with their own successful practice (and they have vocally supported & promoted others to support BLM and the various "peaceful demonstrations" connected to the organization) ... err, but just not in "their neighborhood".

IMHO = As experienced lawyers, they had to have known exactly what they were getting into before they even went outside, especially from a public-view and public-eye stand point.

They had to have known that there would be publicity, criticism, and even backlash that would come from it.

Sorry, but zero F's given here for that liberal couple.

Last edited:
I agree with all of this.

I will also add that with the corona BS going on right now, it is extremely difficult for people to get training, even if they desire it. From what I have seen, a lot of people actually desire it, even in
places where it's not required. Anyone who wants to get into the gun training game now, even though it's "a bit late" if you get certed by the fall or something there are still going to be plenty of people looking for help. Regardless of who gets elected I see this trend continuing well into next year. The big barrier right now is for live fire and all the club restrictions all over, but that doesn't preclude things like meaningful remote or classroom instruction, etc. One trend I have noticed with SOME of the newer buyers is outside of the ultra panic retards, there are a lot of people who have come out of the woodwork that may have been on the fence about owning a gun for years, and this pushed them over the edge, so to speak.... a lot of these people are more concious about making sure they know how to use the gun they just bought, properly.
The problem is the people that don’t think they need training are always the ones that need it the most.

I’m not going to criticize the couple [on their lack of trigger discipline] because in a stressful situation they kept cool and got it done. Some of the people here, however....

Last edited:
Not everybody is Rambo, not everybody trains, not everybody has ice cold blood when the stress flies in. I'll give the 55 year old woman, who's probably shot that pistol once in her life, a pass for having a finger on the trigger and pointing it at trespassers who were told to leave. Most people in her age group that live in St Louis wouldn't have had the courage to confront a mob. I wish they were my neighbors.

I dunno. She stood by his side at dyin' time. Got to be worth something.

I see your point, but there's a photo here (about two-thirds of the way down the page) that looks like she's pointing her handgun right at her husband's head: st-louis-rioters-threatened-couple-guns-attorney

The angle may make it look worse than it is, but I don't see how her gun-handling was remotely in his best interests. I'd rather NOT have someone like that standing by my side.

FWIW.....I have a close relative that lives in a big dumb donk dump who has repeatedly voiced to me that 2A protects muzzleloaders.....

This person is starting to wake up and sounded "concerned" recently when in pasing they indicated concern that its as difficult to get a gun as it is.....

Leftists ARE waking up.....
I've got a brother like this. He's basically the worst example of "good me but not for thee" liberal-hypocrite-looney. He literally starts screeching when anything relating to guns comes up, but when the rona hit he freaked out and has been hiding underground with his family every since.
I have been waiting to get the phone call asking about guns. [laugh]

I see your point, but there's a photo here (about two-thirds of the way down the page) that looks like she's pointing her handgun right at her husband's head: st-louis-rioters-threatened-couple-guns-attorney

The angle may make it look worse than it is, but I don't see how her gun-handling was remotely in his best interests. I'd rather NOT have someone like that standing by my side.

It's a shitload easier to say "Honey, careful where you point that" than it is to say "Honey! GTFO here! I need some help!" I'll take trainable support over no support any day.

Not everybody is Rambo, not everybody trains, not everybody has ice cold blood when the stress flies in. I'll give the 55 year old woman, who's probably shot that pistol once in her life, a pass for having a finger on the trigger and pointing it at trespassers who were told to leave. Most people in her age group that live in St Louis wouldn't have had the courage to confront a mob. I wish they were my neighbors.
I can agree with
U don’t have to be Rambo to have trigger finger discipline.. all she has to do is trip or lose her footing and we are having a whole different conversation today. Yes, I would absolutely love to have them as neighbors, and I will train both of them for free.👍🏻

So, have you like not read this thread?

"A mob of at least 100 smashed through the historic wrought iron gates of Portland Place, destroying them, rushed towards my home where my family was having dinner outside and put us in fear of our lives," he said. "This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets. We were told that we would be killed, our home burned and our dog killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob."

Maybe you should stay in your lane.
Of course that’s what they said!!!!! ....they came out of their house brandishing weapons..And I’m sure there’s probably a very good chance that all those things were said to them. The mob committed crimes of trespassing and vandalism by kicking down the gates as they marched towards the mayors house. So those two people in a big huge home heard specific threats to them, their property and their dog As a huge mob was walking by????....Or maybe they heard this huge mob of people coming down the street and they went outside armed. Either way doesn’t matter but if you point a weapon at someone you better be ready to use it. I can tell by this post some of you guys’ defensive plans and tactics really suck and you’re going to get yourself into a lot of trouble, specially in this shit hole of a state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom