• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Things getting real in St. Louis - Armed Lawyer couple keeps BLM at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
This St. Louis alderman had it right twelve years ago.

Thank You "News Shooter"

By CHERYL WITTENAUER
Associated Press Writer

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A city alderman frustrated with the police response to rising crime called Tuesday on residents to arm themselves to protect their lives and property.

Alderman Charles Quincy Troupe said police are ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis has had 157 homicides in 2008, 33 more than last year at this time.

"The community has to be ready to defend itself, because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold," Troupe, 72, said Tuesday.

Troupe said that when he and residents approached a district police commander last year, they were told "there was nothing he could do to protect us and the community ... that he didn't have the manpower."

Police did not immediately return requests for comment. Chief Dan Isom told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he understands Troupe's frustration but doesn't support citizens arming themselves.

Carrying guns, he said, is not a "recipe for a less violent community."

Mayor Francis Slay wrote in his blog Tuesday that some of the most violent crimes in Troupe's ward are committed with guns stolen from law-abiding citizens.

He said Troupe could do more good urging residents to cooperate with investigating police officers, lending support for activities for children, and lobbying legislators to increase funding for jobs training and economic development.

Troupe's reaction to the spike in homicides is understandable, but his idea is not likely to be effective, said University of Missouri-St. Louis criminologist Richard Rosenfeld.

"Much of the problem is free and easy access to guns," Rosenfeld said. "This hope that by putting guns in the right hands will have an influence on criminals is a false hope. There's no evidence for that."

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.
[Get Copyright Permissions]

Needless to say that if you have training, you will be safer and more effective if you have to use the weapon, can't disagree with that.
Is there any training specifically for mob/riot situations? Might be a good time to get some new skills !

i mean, this lawyer and his wife...just standing out there. If one rioter lobbed a brick at his head, what is the right response?

one report said one hundred angry people on his lawn. Do you shoot the one who threw the brick? Do you do a joe biden and shoot a wArning shot into the air as you retreat inside? It did not look like he had the required 200 rounds of ammo In magazines on him to take on such a crowd

Last edited:
Well, now that the interweb commando's have given their own self defense plans over to Ken and Karen.
I can bet you they are now all 5.11 geared up with plate carriers, full combat gear and claymore roombas at the ready.
They are full kilt with the rapid head turning at their mag changes, full use of cover and concealment, tandem tactical movements of advance and withdrawal.
Have just received their suppressors, night vision goggles and MRAP for a fall back in case their safe room is breached.

Oh, let's not forget their new triple platinum membership to USCCA!

And of course their passports for when our freedom loving justice system says their right to self defense was in violation with the rights they don't have anyways.
But fail to even mention or charge those that entered unlawfully...

How can you say it worked????If they never came out the angry mob just would’ve marched by going onto the mayors house. Here’s Another thing to consider now they have a huge, fat, communist,leftist,angry mob target on their back. Do you think that these idiots will now try something even more severe like assaulting them, assaulting the property, coming back with bigger numbers and more weapons??? I think so. This ain’t over with those two and the mob.

Yea that's not what happened though. The mob was marching back from the occupy protest at Maryland/Euclid intersection. In the video, you can see the main "protest group" making its way north up Kingshighway Blvd, when a smaller group purposely broke off and intentionally smashed down the gate leading into Portland Place.

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
...I know we need to stand up to these people and to these mobs and the time will definitely come where we will.

The time came for these people. An angry mob of “protestors” trespassing on private RESIDENTIAL property are not actually protestors. They’re a metaphorical pitchfork mob.

Also, the mob wasn’t just walking by. They were on the couple’s driveway. I think the couple were justified in confronting the mob out front of their house instead of hiding inside. These protestors/rioters are known to use Molotov cocktails as a TTP as well as ransacking buildings. If you let them get close, they’ll easily surround the building and then you’re screwed. As it was, the couple kept them at one avenue of approach. And no, they didn’t just have one CCW to fight off the mob.

i was in st. louis once, on the west side of town. pretty much all i'm gonna say except i couldn't wait to beat feet and leave as soon as i was able.
Damn, they do haves themselves some goooood BBQ downtown. I will brave it for the eats!

Ok try this scenario: I stand up to this mob and come out with my Smith and Wesson shield with eight rounds in it and take 8 well placed shots and drop 8 of them. Now, let’s say 40-60 people run when they hear the gun fire and 40-60 don’t and realize I’m out of ammo and rush me going back into my home. Now I’m compromised and they beat the shit out of me until I’m dead leaving my wife and kids inside to defend themselves. Maybe they assault and kill my wife and children maybe they don’t...maybe they throw a Molotov cocktail through my window and burn my house down and kill my wife and kids. Either way does me running outside with my big heavy balls of steel waving my CCW pistol around make it good tactics or bad????That’s a decision you guys are gonna have to make. I know the tactics that I employ when the mob comes down my street are not gonna be the same as these two and the mob will never know what hit them if I have to use deadly force.
First problem with your argument is a Shield is not meant to be taking on hordes of people. It’s meant to get you out of a small encounter. Probably why they don’t call it a Sword...
If you’re going to be starting shit with a mob with anything less than a rifle, you’re probably dead. Education on the capabilities of your tools will help you determine the best actions to take.
You eventually come around to saying your tactics will be different but these two don’t have the same ideas about defending their homes that you did. Given the lack of proper hardware and training, I think they did well with what they had seeing as no shots were fired.

Yes - My multiple exclamation points add crecedence to my point. Here’s why: what if the angry mob never made any specific threats to them or their property or their dog???What if the angry mob was just marching by being loud, trespassing, vandalizing, etc. and those two said I’m sick of this shit and they ran outside with their guns drawn??? Now, They are in a position to where they have to defend their actions if no specific threats came to them, they are lawyers I’m pretty sure they understand that. When you point a gun at someone it is assault by law in most places. If they were in fear for their lives why would they stand on the front lawn in front of hundreds of angry and violent thugs waving a CCW pistol and one AR 15 on the hip???Not good tactics my friend, That’s called emotions, and it took over the both of them and they didn’t make sound decisions with this so-called fear of their lives. I think they’re falling back on this fear for their lives as an excuse because they know they reacted poorly. When the mob comes down your street it’s not a good idea to go out there with your concealed carry gun and waive it in thier faces. I’m sorry I think that is absolutely stupid and it get you into a lot of trouble if not killed, if that’s your plan God bless you.
Actually, they don't. Adding "????" and "!!!!!" to every sentence simply make it clear you're either a teenager, or someone with the maturity of a teenager.

"what if the angry mob never made any specific threats to them or their property or their dog???What if the angry mob was just marching by being loud, trespassing, vandalizing, etc. and those two said I’m sick of this shit and they ran outside with their guns drawn???"

What if the couple had flame throwers? What if the rioters had an M1A2 Abrams tank? Who TF cares? That shit didn't happen, so why not stick to what did, instead of wasting time on hypothetical "what if's?" That's a stupid game with no discernible end.

I'm sorry. I should have said "That shit didn't happen!!!!!! Why not stick to what did, instead of wasting time on hypothetical what if's?????" There. Now that's persuasive.

With the kind of loot these two have, you'd think they could at least take some firearms training courses, and get her a better handgun

View attachment 368995

I always give my wife the "prop" gun and I take the AR! :p

First problem with your argument is a Shield is not meant to be taking on hordes of people. It’s meant to get you out of a small encounter. Probably why they don’t call it a Sword...
If you’re going to be starting shit with a mob with anything less than a rifle, you’re probably dead. Education on the capabilities of your tools will help you determine the best actions to take.
You eventually come around to saying your tactics will be different but these two don’t have the same ideas about defending their homes that you did. Given the lack of proper hardware and training, I think they did well with what they had seeing as no shots were fired.
Do u think she was smart buy taking on the hordes with her compact handgun?????? That’s the point and scenario I was making. She started shit with a mob and a hangun and she is lucky she is not dad, u are correct.

Reactions: 92G
That's a great line.

I agree with your advice for a (well-stocked) long gun, although, I think that when the first one or two people drop, everyone else will suddenly remember they have an appointment elsewhere and not stick around to count shots.

Actually, they don't. Adding "????" and "!!!!!" to every sentence simply make it clear you're either a teenager, or someone with the maturity of a teenager.

"what if the angry mob never made any specific threats to them or their property or their dog???What if the angry mob was just marching by being loud, trespassing, vandalizing, etc. and those two said I’m sick of this shit and they ran outside with their guns drawn???"

What if the couple had flame throwers? What if the rioters had an M1A2 Abrams tank? Who TF cares? That shit didn't happen, so why not stick to what did, instead of wasting time on hypothetical "what if's?" That's a stupid game with no discernible end.

I'm sorry. I should have said "That shit didn't happen!!!!!! Why not stick to what did, instead of wasting time on hypothetical what if's?????" There. Now that's persuasive.
Dude, do u really think I’m a teenager???????????????????????????? Enough bad grammar and Q-marks for ya. When u can’t rebutt my opinions or views and u rely on grammar and calling someone a teenager, it just shows u have nothing to offer.

The time came for these people. An angry mob of “protestors” trespassing on private RESIDENTIAL property are not actually protestors. They’re a metaphorical pitchfork mob.

Also, the mob wasn’t just walking by. They were on the couple’s driveway. I think the couple were justified in confronting the mob out front of their house instead of hiding inside. These protestors/rioters are known to use Molotov cocktails as a TTP as well as ransacking buildings. If you let them get close, they’ll easily surround the building and then you’re screwed. As it was, the couple kept them at one avenue of approach. And no, they didn’t just have one CCW to fight off the mob.
Good points.. I’m not saying they should of hid in thier home just use that big beatiful stone structure to thier advantage. Standing in front of the mob with One CCW and one AR isn’t enough.

Just remember that these two people only had the info at hand and not of the 360 degree circle of news that we have now.
All of the television news of burning, destruction, killing and personal injury to others has to weigh in on their decisions.
It should weigh in on protesters as well. But that tidbit will never be spoken of.

Look at how innocent some of the most violent protesters appear and of how fast they cause such destruction.

I love how some are saying they are guilty of breaking a law.
Yet, say they love America's freedom...

Like the politician's that say guns in the hands of civilian's are not a way to reduce violent crime.
With the police saying that same ridiculous thing.
Seems ironic that the police carry firearms to protect themselves from violent criminals and that it is deemed ok for the general public to be defenseless victims of such violence.

Yea that's not what happened though. The mob was marching back from the occupy protest at Maryland/Euclid intersection. In the video, you can see the main "protest group" making its way north up Kingshighway Blvd, when a smaller group purposely broke off and intentionally smashed down the gate leading into Portland Place.

View attachment 369453
Correct, because they were on the way to the mayors house. An angry mob is an angry mob, defend yourself how u see fit

I should have said "That shit didn't happen!!!!!! Why not stick to what did, instead of wasting time on hypothetical what if's?????" There. Now that's persuasive.

Very persuasive. It added crecedence.

Good points.. I’m not saying they should of hid in thier home just use that big beatiful stone structure to thier advantage. Standing in front of the mob with One CCW and one AR isn’t enough.

EXCEPT THAT IT WAS!

Lordy. It's like arguing with my six-year-old.

Dude, do u really think I’m a teenager???????????????????????????? Enough bad grammar and Q-marks for ya. When u can’t rebutt my opinions or views and u rely on grammar and calling someone a teenager, it just shows u have nothing to offer.
"...you're either a teenager, or someone with the maturity of a teenager. " Reading is FUNdamental.
I've refuted every point you've tried to make. You've been proven wrong in this thread again and again.

She didn't start shit with the Mob, the Mob started shit with her when they broke down the gate and came on private property

^this

im surprised the situation has created a debate. an angry mob breaks a gate, enters private property, verbally threatens. anyone would be justified in feeling grave potential harm and using lethal force if needed. their firearm handling skills are absurd but theyve also been im thicker shit than i have ever seen, so i am not in position to criticize. they also did not fire any rounds, although the cringefactor for lady w the sig P232 (?) is high.

my guess is that most criticism here is borne from their being wealthy. if this was a pregnant lady or poor urban family i doubt we’d here a shred of criticism on this forum.

thoughts on what might have happened if they were rushed? thank god they weren't but it's something I'm thinking about

crowd would have been on them in seconds, and no way the lady is hitting anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom