• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Things getting real in St. Louis - Armed Lawyer couple keeps BLM at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe. But in the bigger picture - if that happens - it would be a "good" thing. At least for those of us who have been arguing about gun rights for years and years.

The guy was defending his property - on a private street that was clearly marked - they mob broke down the gate - and there's ample previous history to illustrate that people have a genuine concern about crowds like this now - and the guy is a personal injury lawyer - as is his wife.

I'm guessing that if they go after the guy he's not just going to knuckle under and go out without a fight.

And the fact that they DO go after the guy (if they do) would serve as an example to everybody else about how the "authorities" are not on your side.

Long story short: I think if they go after the guy they (the courts , legal system - whatever) - are just making themselves look like a bunch of a-holes if not outright enemies of the country.

I hope they do it. (go after them that is)
If my life was being threatened I would at least be at the Low ready not with the f***ing rifle on my hip😂😂😂😂

Umm, we're not in that scenario? Unapproved free speech punished violently. History being torn down and modified. City governments working on plans to de-fund police protection for their own citizens. Looting, rioting, arson, beatings and the police being told to stand down. Police retreating from their precincts which get destroyed. City blocks taken over, walls set up and police excluded. And in the 1,000s of criminal acts, how many people have been arrested? This seems to check most of the boxes for civil war and society broken down.

This is a good point. I do believe CWII has begun, and that it'll never be symmetric the way CWI was. But we're still not living in a universal free-fire area, which I think was one of the points @namedpipes was making. Even in the situation this thread is about: it's instructive to point out that the homeowners didn't have to shoot anybody in order to get their property cleared.

If we get to that point, where every aspect of life is shoot-on-sight, Purge-style? Whoah, Nelly.

Remember the mob that set a apartment complex on fire (with children inside), and then blocked the FD access to said fire? Just saying....

You mean those wonderful leftist (un) Americans who some on this board want to arm? Those great people? [thumbsup]

Reactions: AHM
Their lives are going to turned upside down for the next 10yrs

Possibly, but as lawyers they've said exactly the right things to help them legally. They were afraid for their lives, thought they were going to be killed, the mob yelled that they were going to kill them, etc. etc. etc. The videos help back them up with this. Legally I think they will be OK. What the scumbags will do is the unknowing question.

100% this.

I'd bet more then a few dudes who can run a super fast 1r1 drill on instagram wouldn't stand their ground like this.
Ok try this scenario: I stand up to this mob and come out with my Smith and Wesson shield with eight rounds in it and take 8 well placed shots and drop 8 of them. Now, let’s say 40-60 people run when they hear the gun fire and 40-60 don’t and realize I’m out of ammo and rush me going back into my home. Now I’m compromised and they beat the shit out of me until I’m dead leaving my wife and kids inside to defend themselves. Maybe they assault and kill my wife and children maybe they don’t...maybe they throw a Molotov cocktail through my window and burn my house down and kill my wife and kids. Either way does me running outside with my big heavy balls of steel waving my CCW pistol around make it good tactics or bad????That’s a decision you guys are gonna have to make. I know the tactics that I employ when the mob comes down my street are not gonna be the same as these two and the mob will never know what hit them if I have to use deadly force.

This is a good point. I do believe CWII has begun, and that it'll never be symmetric the way CWI was. But we're still not living in a universal free-fire area, which I think was one of the points @namedpipes was making. Even in the situation this thread is about: it's instructive to point out that the homeowners didn't have to shoot anybody in order to get their property cleared.

If we get to that point, where every aspect of life is shoot-on-sight, Purge-style? Whoah, Nelly.

Patience.......it's coming sooner than you think.

Authorities have already came out and said the guy was well within his rights, and they're not going to seek prosecution on him
Good news. My whole stance on this thing hasn’t been a rights issue or a law issue or anything like that, just simple tactics on how to fight to stay alive and to fight another day.

Fun exercise: If one of the trespassing protesters was armed, could they legally shoot the homeowners as soon as one of them aimed in with finger on the trigger (as some here suggest)?
Outstanding question!!!! For me: I’m gonna do everything I can to make sure that I am not facing the working end of anyone’s firearm..if I am you better believe I’m returning fire or firing first.

Good news. My whole stance on this thing hasn’t been a rights issue or a law issue or anything like that, just simple tactics on how to fight to stay alive and to fight another day.

But you're ignoring something important: what these guys did, worked. They're alive to fight another day.

Sure they need training. I've said so myself. But it's fine to point that out while still acknowledging that the man and woman in the arena made their choice, and it worked. If they'd followed your advice, it might not have.

So how do you protect your house and loved ones if a mob of angry protesters suddenly shows up to your property?

These are some of the same people that are throwing Molotov cocktails at police cars and setting buildings on fire?
Blocking roads so that no one pass or can go in or out.
Waiting inside the house and thinking your safe when your outnumbered is a great idea if your holding a fort.

She stood her ground and said enough is enough and anyone that comes seeking harm will be met with force.

Those that say you don't pull a firearm unless you are ready to shoot?
I would say she avoided a shooting by letting the mob know her intentions.

Pointing her pistol it at them, made her intentions crystal clear!

She wan't going to wait till they rushed and overwhelmed their house and property to defend herself.

Remember these are not firearm owners rioting.
These are scum bags that are probably prohibited from owning such and have never set foot on a legal range anywhere.
They have burned people alive and value nothing but destroying everything America is and stands for!
With total disregard if who they are hurting are even involved in anyway, shape or form.
They love that all the laws on the books leave everyone powerless against them.
Then they cry "No fair" when they are shown their own wrong doings and someone says "Not today, you won't"!
Pull out their phones and call the popo and say do something "MY" rights were violated.
All while running around in face coverings, helmets, full body armor and skateboards as weapons.

Things happen fast and when they do you need to react as fast as the situation presents itself.

Try breaking through a gate at any one of our military installations.
Would you be so quick to judge their professional weapon handling skills as you are of these two?

Why are their lives and property worth less than those of our government?

Why should their response be held to those of corrupt politicians and not the laws of the land?

Why is anyone defending those hell bent on the destruction of America?

IMHO, they had every right to display weapons on THEIR land any way they wished and dammed those that think otherwise!
Here’s one thing to remember: they weren’t targeting their property specifically, they broke the law, they broke down the gates, the trespassed, they vandalized on the way to the mayors house to protest. Now we have a he said she said scenario. I’ve watched the videos I really can’t make out what she says but I can hear the mob and you can hear them taunting them and swearing at them. Maybe a better option would’ve been to arm themselves, take up cover inside their home And observe what the crowd is doing. If They just March by then great.If they stop at your property and try to destroy it or you then all bets are off you can use deadly force. I know we need to stand up to these people and to these mobs and the time will definitely come where we will.

But you're ignoring something important: what these guys did, worked. They're alive to fight another day.

Sure they need training. I've said so myself. But it's fine to point that out while still acknowledging that the man and woman in the arena made their choice, and it worked. If they'd followed your advice, it might not have.
Like I said, If your plan is to come out guns blazing with a 10 round magazine at the angry mob of hundreds God bless you! It’s definitely not mine.

But... but... but that's not what this guy actually did...
😂😂😂....ok sorry, I don’t need to make up for anything in my pants and I don’t need to stand on my property with my rifle as a show of force. Let me ask you a question don’t you think he should’ve at least had some sort of a battle built on with some extra magazines???😂😂

😂😂😂....ok sorry, I don’t need to make up for anything in my pants and I don’t need to stand on my property with my rifle as a show of force. Let me ask you a question don’t you think he should’ve at least had some sort of a battle built on with some extra magazines???😂😂

If I had to add an article of clothing to him it'd be shoes.

I see no problem with the couple's finger discipline. If I were them, I would most definitely be in the mindset of "I am prepared to shoot what I am pointing my rifle at, so my finger stays right here on the trigger". Neither one of them were stacking up or clearing tightly confined quarters. They were aggressively confronting a violent mob (in the open) who had just broken through a locked entrance gate; if any scenerio speaks to "this is my safety" ala shades of BHD and promoting a suburban polo shirt version violence of action, it is this one.

Ok try this scenario: I stand up to this mob and come out with my Smith and Wesson shield with eight rounds in it and take 8 well placed shots and drop 8 of them. Now, let’s say 40-60 people run when they hear the gun fire and 40-60 don’t and realize I’m out of ammo and rush me going back into my home. Now I’m compromised and they beat the shit out of me until I’m dead leaving my wife and kids inside to defend themselves. Maybe they assault and kill my wife and children maybe they don’t...maybe they throw a Molotov cocktail through my window and burn my house down and kill my wife and kids. Either way does me running outside with my big heavy balls of steel waving my CCW pistol around make it good tactics or bad????That’s a decision you guys are gonna have to make. I know the tactics that I employ when the mob comes down my street are not gonna be the same as these two and the mob will never know what hit them if I have to use deadly force.

Pack a bigger heater? Idk man, all I said was good for these 2 for standing their ground.

How can you say it worked????If they never came out the angry mob just would’ve marched by going onto the mayors house. Here’s Another thing to consider now they have a huge, fat, communist,leftist,angry mob target on their back. Do you think that these idiots will now try something even more severe like assaulting them, assaulting the property, coming back with bigger numbers and more weapons??? I think so. This ain’t over with those two and the mob.

I think what he’s having a tough time articulating is that they succeeded in spite of a lack of training, not because of their lack lack of training.

I agree though, “no blood, no foul”. I won’t criticize them, if nothing else they showed remarkable calmness in a stressful situation.

Fun exercise: If one of the trespassing protesters was armed, could they legally shoot the homeowners as soon as one of them aimed in with finger on the trigger (as some here suggest)?

Considering the “protestors” were trespassing and broke down a gate to do so, I doubt they have legal standing for self defense like that.

You know what is so funny about this thread?
Some here actually think muzzle sweeping rioters and defending what is yours, is up to debate. [rofl2]

OMG, a law somewhere was broken...
Punish them, like we are the social justice warriors of firearm handling and of the individual right of self protection.

When did the lawyers get to say of how, when and where your life is worthy of defending?

That was the day when we lost our rights and they alone took them from us!

Yet, here we are defending our laws against our citizen's rights, as they are taken away by, we, ourselves...

Last edited:
How can you say it worked????If they never came out the angry mob just would’ve marched by going onto the mayors house. Here’s Another thing to consider now they have a huge, fat, communist,leftist,angry mob target on their back. Do you think that these idiots will now try something even more severe like assaulting them, assaulting the property, coming back with bigger numbers and more weapons??? I think so. This ain’t over with those two and the mob.

Then I guess it's time to break out the beltfeds. image.jpeg

I'm glad you can see the future. I sure can't. I just know what happened: everyone left his property and nobody died. So.

I'm glad you can see the future. I sure can't. I just know what happened: everyone left his property and nobody died. So.
Yes, but like I said this ain’t over between them and the bolsheviks. He needs boots, battle belt and plenty of extra mags. Some frags and claymores wouldn’t hurt either😂😂😂😂😂 they are lawyers they can afford it😂😂😂😂😂

You know what is so funny about this thread?
Some here actually think muzzle sweeping rioters and defending what is yours, is up to debate. [rofl2]

OMG, a law somewhere was broken...
Punish them, like we are the social justice warriors of firearm handling and of individual rights of self protection.

When did the lawyers get to say of how, when and where your life is worthy of defending?

That was the day when we lost our rights and they alone took them from us!

Yet, here we are are defending our laws against our citizens rights, as they are taken away by, we, ourselves...

"Punish them, like we are the social justice warriors of firearm handling and of individual rights of self protection."

Was just getting caught up on this thread, and what I see is some typical "NES sewing circle" responses. Those folks did the best they could with what they had, and showed tremendous fortitude to stand up to the vermin, and the vermin backed down, at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom