They closed the local Gravel Pit.

Well, the nice local gravel pit that I discovered last year, which has always had a gate, but has never been closed, has been so for the last few weeks- I assume it's closed for good now. [sad]

Some of you may know it- it's the one where the Car/Machine gun shoot was held late last year.

I'm really bummed, it was a great place to shoot, but I can't fault the pit owners for wanting to keep people from trashing the place.

I'm considering finding out who owns it, calling them up, and offering to clean up the whole damn thing, if I can get a couple of people with pickup trucks.

Jamz-

What's up my man? I have lurked here for a while but this thread made me register.

You know me, you have shot my firearms, I have shot in this pit with you. I don't want you to lose this spot.

I want to help you keep this place open. It is a long ride from here but if it will help you keep your spot open then my pickup is available for a range clean up day. I am willing to make phone calls on your behalf as well.

Let me know.

P.J.

Aww... foo.

That was a nice place to play. Although it might not have had anything to do with shooting; there was a LOT of 2 & 4 wheel off road traffic there during the Destroy a Car shoot.

Jamz-

What's up my man? I have lurked here for a while but this thread made me register.

You know me, you have shot my firearms, I have shot in this pit with you. I don't want you to lose this spot.

I want to help you keep this place open. It is a long ride from here but if it will help you keep your spot open then my pickup is available for a range clean up day. I am willing to make phone calls on your behalf as well.

Let me know.

P.J.

Hey PJ! Glad you registered here! I might be getting a .50 to help keep yours company. [smile]

Thanks everyone, I'll do some research this week to try to find out what the dilly is with this place. There are other places to shoot along the road there, but none are so isolated and have as safe a backstop as the pit.

If it does turn out to be a shooter's deal rather than the 4wd/ATV issue, there is a place in portland where you can dump stuff by the ton, and it's pretty cheap- I do my garbage, construction debris and general Life Oriented Trash there and it's usually around $10.00 per small pickup truck's worth.

Back
Top Bottom