• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

They can't just take your guns

A quote from a friend of mine when I mentioned in conversation that I was looking forward to moving to nh, and that I was holding off buying more firearms until the move for fear that any minor misstep could lead to their confiscation, with a high degree of likelihood that I would never see them again without significant expense.

"You sound like one of those conspiracy nuts, they can't take your guns unless you commit a crime, and they do that in every state"

I consider myself a pretty reasonable person and him as well. I usually disregard conspiracy talk, but this to me is not conspiracy. So I am asking the great community of NES, if you can provide any vetted stories or articles that detail a Massachusetts lawfully licensed gun owner having their license revoked and guns taken due to a relatively minor or trivial thing.

Thanks in advance.

Tell him about the hundreds o guys that go through a tough patch in a marriage and a spouse gets a restraining order on advice of her lawyer........guy loses his Ltc for "suitability" just on an accusation with no ****ing evidence or due process. Happens all....the......time

Find the thread about the CT recovering alcoholic that got his guns confiscated because someone thought he was depressed (see Jason's post right before mine for the link). He is NOW... Also, TRO's in MA will get your 2A rights suspended.

You can also point out how there are tons more gun choices once you move to a free state. You don't need to get them molested with pinned/welded muzzle brakes, or pin the adjustable stock into a single position. IMO, waiting until you move into NH is NOT a bad idea at all.

BTW, you can also forget about the moronic storage laws, and limitations from MA when you come to NH... [smile]

I did mention the restraining order tidbit because that actually happened to his father in law. He responded that they do that in every state.

I'd bring up CT, but our conversation was really mass specific. He thinks moving to nh would just provide a false sense of security (in regards to gun rights) and that mass won't take your guns for any circumstances that wouldn't happen in any other state, or at least the majority of states.

You're friend is the worst kind of friend, ignorant & stupid and unwilling or able to learn

Leave him to his bliss....
I agree .I have one friend where guns never come up in discussion and never will. I just don't believe in his political views. But he will take his shirt off his back to help you out. He has helped me out in a couple of situations.

Ask him how it feels to live in La-La Land... Or if he's wearing rose colored lenses.

If you feel like trying to educate him you could point out where in NH you don't need ANY license/permit to own firearms. So, if you don't go for your P&R, the po-po won't know (or suspect) you have guns. Where you HAVE to have a state issued permission slip to own any in MA. Plus the FA-10 forms and such you're supposed to send in...

Sadly, I suspect your 'friend' is a lost cause in this case. You could ask him when the funeral was... For when his brain died... [rofl2]

He is a good friend, a hunter, not opposed to gun ownership in general. I think his views fall to the left on guns, not so far to say that he thinks they should be banned, but he's a reasonable restrictions type of person. The guy who says 30rnd magazines are unnecessary, storage requirements are fine in his book.

Sometimes he argues his point well, but I know that on this issue he is dead wrong. Simply not notifying of an address change for over 30 days can result in the forfeiture of expensive firearms and your right to own them. Forgive me for worrying that that can happen to me.

He is a good friend, a hunter, not opposed to gun ownership in general. I think his views fall to the left on guns, not so far to say that he thinks they should be bamned, but he's a reasonable restrictions type of person. The guy who says 3rnd magazines are unnecessary, storage requirements are fine in his book.

Sometimes he argues his point well, but I know that on this issue he is dead wrong. Simply not notifying of an address change for over 30 days can result in the forfeiture of expensive firearms and your right to own them. Forgive me for worrying that that can happen to me.

There we go, definition found

He's a FUDD

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=XatVKj9DD3I" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am asking the great community of NES, if you can provide any vetted stories or articles that detail a Massachusetts lawfully licensed gun owner having their license revoked and guns taken due to a relatively minor or trivial thing.

Thanks in advance.

I have seen plenty of posts in the year I have been here. Mostly over suitability but it is practically the same thing. But here is the kicker: The Paranoia Police swoop in to spread the fear of something. Not quite sure what.

It seems pretty clear that if your found to be "Unsuitable" that is pretty much it but still let's still hide the facts as presented because it might make a virtually lost case a little harder? Slink back into the shadows. Remove all traces. Who benefits from this? Not us obviously.

So when Mr. Casual poster tries to search or inquire all we can do is say "Yes it does" and "No there is nothing to show you" because forum members are conditioned to be scared. It's a win/win...For the gun grabbers.

The best way to explain your point of view with this is the confiscation during hurricane katrina, which was later to be found unconstitutional. When those law abiding citizens needed their firearms the most they were taken, nuff said.

A quote from a friend of mine when I mentioned in conversation that I was looking forward to moving to nh, and that I was holding off buying more firearms until the move for fear that any minor misstep could lead to their confiscation, with a high degree of likelihood that I would never see them again without significant expense.

"You sound like one of those conspiracy nuts, they can't take your guns unless you commit a crime, and they do that in every state"

I consider myself a pretty reasonable person and him as well. I usually disregard conspiracy talk, but this to me is not conspiracy. So I am asking the great community of NES, if you can provide any vetted stories or articles that detail a Massachusetts lawfully licensed gun owner having their license revoked and guns taken due to a relatively minor or trivial thing.

Thanks in advance.
Depends what type of license you hold. A "may issue" LTC can be yanked by the police chief who issued it for any reason or no reason. Maybe you should explain this simple fact to your friend. Once the LTC is yanked, the cops can immediately seize your firearms and turn them over to a bonded warehouse. Good luck getting them back if that happens.

Thanks in advance.
if anyone gets a restraining order against you (not too difficult) your guns are gone

I've told him what the law says. He knows that they can take your guns for a restraining order, his father in law had that exact thing happen to him. What I'm looking for are other cases, such as the one quoted earlier, where people's guns are taken for next to nothing. Like exercising your 5th amendment right. Maybe someone who was arrested for open carry, under the guise of disturbing the peace or brandishing or whatever else.

I agree .I have one friend where guns never come up in discussion and never will. I just don't believe in his political views. But he will take his shirt off his back to help you out. He has helped me out in a couple of situations.

Would he load magazines and cover your 6 ? Pretty much anyone else in my book is just zombie bait... ymmv

You might explain to him that's exactly what they thought in England and Austrailia.
Ask him how he'd like to have to go visit his single shot shotgun in the secure facility he would have to keep it in.
And that's all he'd have left.

Back
Top Bottom