These Sigs are infectious!

I went to my friend's gun shop to pickup some money he owed me for some gun sales. I took one of his guns in exchange for some of the cash; a nice, in the box, with all the papers and target, German made Sig P-220 chambered in .45 acp. I now have two P-220s in two of the original calibers; .38 Super and this .45; only missing a 9mm copy.

What's nice about this is the Sig 220 .22 cal conversion unit I bought from someone on another forum; it fits and functions on this frame because it has a button slide release instead of heel release......

P_220_1.jpg

P_220_boxed_45.jpg

Here's the P-220 family:

P_220_pair.jpg

Love my Sigs.. I have my eye out for a SS version of my 220. So purdy..

- - - Updated - - -

Also.. Can anyone tell me why they moved away from 38super? It's a super juicy 9mm, controllable, good ballistics.. I think it even reloads with standard 9mm slugs.

hminsky: I have no complaints about my collection of Sig 1911s either; I have a Stainless GSR, two Nitride Black full-sized (one railed, one not; called the TACPACS), and a Nitride Black RCS, an officer's sized gun that was given a carry melt by Sig's Custom Shop. Surprisingly the RCS came from someone near my size (6'2", 270s) who claimed it was too big for him to carry!

SIG_GSR_L.jpg

SIG_TACPAC_L.jpg

SIG_TACOPS_L.jpg

SIG_RCS_R.jpg

sig_rcs.jpg

The RCS is a shooter! This was two magazines at 10 yards - without using the laser. Two weeks ago I took the RCS to Indiana with me and used the laser on a target at 10 yards. I deliberately aimed at ear on the right of the target and was able to "remove" the outer edge of the ear! Although I don't normally use a laser on my guns (despite having 4 pistol lasers and several rifle lasers) but it did show what it could do.

SIGs rule. Who needs Glocks?

Those of us who don't wanna carry school buses? [laugh]

I had a ton of Sigs. Only miss a few of them. (mainly the 100% german guns I had, particularly a slightly worn P228 with night sights I had sold to a member here, and its sister P228 in factory Nickel. ) If I had disposable cash around I probably would have kept half of them, but I sure as hell wouldn't be carrying any of them anymore, at least not on a regular basis.

An early P239/9mm (its early enough that it was only offered in 9mm at the time) was one of the first two guns I bought... it served me well for a few years.

-Mike

Those of us who don't wanna carry school buses? [laugh]

I had a ton of Sigs. Only miss a few of them. (mainly the 100% german guns I had, particularly a slightly worn P228 with night sights I had sold to a member here, and its sister P228 in factory Nickel. ) If I had disposable cash around I probably would have kept half of them, but I sure as hell wouldn't be carrying any of them anymore, at least not on a regular basis.

An early P239/9mm (its early enough that it was only offered in 9mm at the time) was one of the first two guns I bought... it served me well for a few years.

-Mike

Yup. I really wish I liked Sigs. Now the HK VP9 is really starting to grow on me. And the reset is perfect Mike. Kind of want an HK45 as well. Damn.

Love my Sigs.. I have my eye out for a SS version of my 220. So purdy.. - - - Updated - - - Also.. Can anyone tell me why they moved away from 38super? It's a super juicy 9mm, controllable, good ballistics.. I think it even reloads with standard 9mm slugs.

.38 Super is a great round and sees some use in action shooting. Problem is demand for product. You will recall too that Sig developed their own 35 cal round: .357 Sig. This was initially greeted with great fanfare but is now losing traction as well. People seem willing to make do with +P and +P+ 9mm.

Lovin my P239. But like drgrant says, "It is a brick". A good belt and a good holster does makes it a bit easier though. Nice collection OP! LOVE the RCS! [thumbsup]

Last edited:
I usually carry my P239. I sometimes carry my Kahr PM9 when I want something smaller. I have a M&P shield that I just look at, but it never seems to make the cut.

The P239 is a bit heavy, but I am betting my life on it. I am 100% confident in its design, quality and reliability. I will stick with SIG.

I usually carry my P239. I sometimes carry my Kahr PM9 when I want something smaller. I have a M&P shield that I just look at, but it never seems to make the cut.

The P239 is a bit heavy, but I am betting my life on it. I am 100% confident in its design, quality and reliability. I will stick with SIG.

Trade ya a case of beer (your choice, your brand) for your Shield...hate to see it be a safe queen [wink]...seriously are you looking for anything trade-wise (assuming you are a Mass resident)

I just bought a P938 and I like the weight. After carrying a 5" 1911 it's like I'm carrying nothing at all. I've checked out the light weight polymers and Airweights and prefer a heavier gun. I realize the light weights are functional but I just don't like guns that feel like toys. A chunk of metal in my hand feels much better.

Back
Top Bottom