• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

These Round Ok to shoot?

I picked up some FGMM today in .308. It was in the old box but price was good. Got home and opened them up and some of the brass looks pretty rough. There are grey patches all over them that feel a bit rough to the touch. All of the rounds have them some are worse than other. Wanted to know if they are OK to shoot/reload after. Do they just need some polishing? Or should I go back to the store and return them?

Pics are OK but they look worse in person than in the pic.

2py7pc5.jpg

If they go into the chamber ok, then don't worry about them...

Or you could buff them with your junk to make them look better and piss off Marsha... [rofl2]

If they were mine I'd be throwing them in the rifle and SENDING them downrange. Looks pretty mild to me.

-Mike

Not stripped. They are wood screws that came with some special bit to use with them.

Will throw them in the tumbler and see how they look. They do chamber fine and gauge fine as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, not a reloader, but I thought tumbling loaded rounds was a no-no. Potential to break up the structure of the powder and change burn rate???

Correct me if I'm wrong, not a reloader, but I thought tumbling loaded rounds was a no-no. Potential to break up the structure of the powder and change burn rate???

Myth.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Back
Top Bottom