• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

These police statistics will have a real impact on the everyday citizen.

They must be waiting way too long to shoot the scumbag perps these days. Wonder why?

The article discusses that:

The police have tried to revise their tactics to minimize the risk of injury to suspects but the hard evidence from the last two years is that it isn’t working and it’s getting good people killed. To say it plainly, most policing reforms are demands that officers play Russian Roulette in tense, rapidly evolving situations and the police are now losing at extraordinary levels.

It is an ugly truth but if the police cannot be trusted to protect themselves from criminals armed only with hands and feet, they cannot be trusted to protect you or your loved ones. This is just tragic reinforcement of the ugly reality that responsibility for your personal safety rests solely on your shoulders.

What???

I'm gonna go on a SWAG and say there are NUMEROUS reasons why these #'s are rising.

1. Ganging up on cops. It isn't one dude-one cop. It's 5 dudes beating on an officer.
2. Officers not physically up to the challenge in the first place. This includes Franky Fatty and Simone Waytooshortandlight. (She's Native American.)
3. Training and blowback on actually doing "damage" to perps in the first place. Lots of fear of the entire city burning down if one dirtbag is killed by an officer. Ergo, better to let him die. They don't SAY it that way, but ultimately, it's the choice that is made.

Or. . . .
4. Effective policing has caused the #'s of officer deaths to drop, making this stat just pop up due to a drop in deaths. I assume not, but I like seeing ALL of the data.

What I did find was this for 2021:

5% was 4 out of 73. 6 were run over with cars. The other 60-something were shot. I'm wondering if 4 is a statistically valid #.

and this

Ossifer-deaths are DOWN year-over-year. 60 versus 73. But beatings were double at 8.

All and all, interesting. Statistically unimportant as it's a 2 year trend and we'd laugh at climate freaks for saying GLOBAL WARMING because it's a hot summer.

Ultimately, even if 8 is the new standard, he's taking 8 officers who died from beatings and extrapolating it out to 16% of "incidents." It's disingenuous. How many cops got beaten on and fought back and stopped the attack and arrested the perp??? How many of these perps ended up just DOA???? It's such a narrow view to try and reach this massive "you're on your own" conclusion. I'm not LOOKING for the police to defend me. But this is a silly way to "prove" it.

Back
Top Bottom