• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

These are cool but...

Survival Straps

So these are pretty cool, I like the 2A ones, but in their "About" section it says you can unravel the paracord from the bracelet and use it in a survival situation and if you do, they will send you a new one free.

Just would like to pick you survivor folks brains on ways this paracord could be useful... I've watched a good deal of Survivor Man, but curious on your thoughts.

Depends on the length once you unravel it. 550 cord is amazing for many, many things, but it's better to have too much cord than not enough. I'd think 10 feet, minimum, would be useful.

It's good for snares, bootlaces, tripwires, grip wrappings, lashings, and all sorts of other things. Personally I prefer the green kind, but if you're into the colors, more power to you. Though the clasps are pretty odd-looking IMO.

At $30, that pricing is obscene. You're better off getting a whole roll of this stuff, then making your own bracelet. Just my $.02.

The buckle they have is ok, but you can do a more useful buckle like that with a real clevis. Then the clevis can be used for other possibilities, should you ever need to use the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fashion accessory.

buy a roll of Type 3 Nylon (550 cord for you military types) and roll your own. while your at it, get some 90MPH tape. [laugh] [wink]

You can lash sturdy branches together into a frame for an emergency survival shelter, cover with evergreen branches, then tie a tarp over the top. I just practiced this a few days ago. You can also cut a bit off, pull the insides out, fray them, and use them for tinder to help start a campfire.

Survival Straps

So these are pretty cool, I like the 2A ones, but in their "About" section it says you can unravel the paracord from the bracelet and use it in a survival situation and if you do, they will send you a new one free.

Just would like to pick you survivor folks brains on ways this paracord could be useful... I've watched a good deal of Survivor Man, but curious on your thoughts.

Shelter
Fire
Water
Food
Self-defense
Navigation
First aid.....etc

CRKT ParaSaw Paracord Bracelet

These ones have a survival saw woven in. Pretty cool.
CRKT-Wire-Saw-Paracord-Bracelet-Main.jpg

I bought a couple of them w/plastic buckles for $1. More then that I would make my own, some of the small fixed blades have 550 wrapped handles, seems a more useful way to carry some.

You can use 550 paracord for any numbers of applications (restricted by length of course). Stringing a tarp for a tent, stringing up a bear bag, lashings for shelters, timber hitch for pulling lumber, help a friend cross a river, first aid to hold bandages, makeshift splint, etc, etc

With that said, I carry much more than just a bracelet of the stuff in my survival gear.

Last edited:
Honestly, not much use unless one spends a lot of time in the wilderness. I keep a 100' spool behind the seat of my truck just to have something available to tie down stuff and made a shoe lace once. But if I was Bear Whatever His Name Is, I'd bet I'd go through more than whatever is weaved into that bracelet in a day.

I miss the old Boy Scout web belts. They could be unraveled into 100s of feet of very strong string for fishing, lashing, snares, etc. Anyone know of a belt like that currently available?

Back
Top Bottom