There is no reason you can't still buy an AR style lower.

I didnt say it woukd never go away. I said you are a fool if you think that any lagal action will provide any relief BEFORE it goes into effect. Legal challenges take YEARS.

To think that implementation of this law will be blocked before mandatory registration on 1/1/14 is pure FANTASY. I do have hope that it will die in the courts, but thats not happeninng until 2015 at the earliest.

Don
Sent from Samsung Note 2

Last edited:
The action is above the grip and there is no way around it other than to make the gun

Buffer tube and buffer are part of the action. As is the bolt. No AR type rifle will ever be legal using the above verbiage. The buffer and bolt and their arrangement are an integral part of the way the rifle operates. You can't get around it. The best option is to get yourself a nicely tuned Mini-14. That's all you got left.

Buffer tube and buffer are part of the action. As is the bolt. No AR type rifle will ever be legal using the above verbiage. The buffer and bolt and their arrangement are an integral part of the way the rifle operates. You can't get around it. The best option is to get yourself a nicely tuned Mini-14. That's all you got left.

I beg to differ. The "action" is the physical part that manipulates the cartridges and seals the breach of a firearm. Since, the buffer tube, buffer and buffer spring are all separate pieces from the BCG and don't physically manipulate the cartridges, you can argue that they can not be considered part of the "action."

Last edited:
I beg to differ. The "action" is the physical part that manipulates the cartridges and seals the breach of a firearm. Since, the buffer tube, buffer and buffer spring are all separate pieces from the BCG and don't physically manipulate the cartridges, you can argue that they can not be considered part of the "action."

While I agree, I don't think moonbat CT judges or juries will.

While I agree, I don't think moonbat CT judges or juries will.

Juries tend to be pro-gun in CT. Don't confuse us with MA. Remember, it only takes one juror to acquit.

Even still. I agree with you. Its easy enough to use something like a RRA piston system or the Al Zetta / Para type direct impingement system. In both cases, the action spring is above the barrel, forward of the chamber and not in the stock.

Don

There was one of the Bills that had a definition of the action, I haven't been able to find that again.

EDIT: FOUND IT!

(3) "Action of the weapon" means the part of the firearm that loads, fires and ejects a cartridge, which part includes, but is not limited to, the upper and lower receiver, charging handle, forward assist, magazine release and shell deflector;

Source: AN ACT CONCERNING GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION AND CHILDREN'S SAFETY.

Says NOTHING about buffer springs/tubes.

Last edited:
Google AR MR2, and you'll have your answer to B1160 for AR series rifles and pistols.

Of course, you have to use a 10 round mag with that otherwise you still have to register it.

"It also bans semiautomatic, centerfire rifles that have (1) a fixed magazine and can accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition or (2) an overall length of less than 30 inches. "

Back
Top Bottom