There has been a jail break!

boilermaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My town's animal control officer had put out a notice suggesting people do what you did with the moat idea as there have been a number of dogs escaping their fences with the snow level. Hope it hopes him

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It wasn't easy. It's about a total of 60'. I had to use a construction shovel to break the snow in front of the blower and then remove it with the blower. It took about 1.5 hours.

dgrafton

NES Member
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Damn! At least you had a snowblower. A few of my friends have been having the same problem

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It wasn't easy. It's about a total of 60'. I had to use a construction shovel to break the snow in front of the blower and then remove it with the blower. It took about 1.5 hours.
I've been having the same problem. I'm trying to put a path in to get behind my barn - and I'm finding the top 8-12 inches or so of the snow is really hard. So I break it up with a garden spade type shovel - and then snowblow it away - it's slow going.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Awesome looking dog!

That moat is a very good idea.
Thanks PP!

I clean out a place 60' x 10' area with 20'x 20' area on each side for Max to run around in the back yard and to do his thing after every snow storm. Next year I will do the moat proactively. Here is a vid of him before the snow would support him.

http://youtu.be/ED7eQ4gTnGQ

Last edited:

center442

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks PP!

I clean out a place 60' x 10' area with 20'x 20' area on each side for Max to run around in the back yard and to do his thing after every snow storm. Next year I will do the moat proactively. Here is a vid of him before the snow would support him.

http://youtu.be/ED7eQ4gTnGQ
Gotta love dogs playing in the snow. Max is probably thinking, "Okay, that was fun, but let's go in now. My balls are in the snow and they're freezing!" [laugh]

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I had to do something similar as well, but couldn't get the snow blower to where the worst part of the fence is, so I dug down as far as I could and then used the frozen chunks of snow to build a snow wall on top of the fence! On top of that I used some green wire fencing to put on top of that. At least when they did get out they just stayed in the woods in the back of the house. I think they were having a tough time walking through the snow out there, it seemed a little softer.

Top Bottom