1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

There’s a growing amount of evidence that Trump has a great shot of being reelected in 2020

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fishfinder, Apr 17, 2019.

1. ccm75

ccm75 NES Member

The Dem/Ind front runner will be old Bernie. He comes off as a crazy old commie I think.

Creepy Uncle Joe is going to be sad when no when gets behind his lecherous old ass.

Bill Weld is a joke and probably a drunk. His nose is blue.

If I can make bet on Trump in 2020 I will........I can't wait to see a whole new outbreak of TDS.

2. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Biden/Beto? You must be pre-medicated! [slap] Two white partners in crimes? Not this time.

buckfarack likes this.
  3. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

This is what I've been telling all my liberal friends. When the dems keep talking down / demeaning middle America, they are pushing them into Trumpsterfire's arms.

beach likes this.
  4. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

lol...lecherous old ass...that's too funny. You just described Trump to a T. Fight fire with fire is what I say!

5. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

I dont agree with the economics of building the wall (long term costs). But you are quoting a CBS poll. LOL ... didnt their polls call for Hillary to win?

6. Picton

Picton NES Member

I think it’ll be a more interesting election than I was expecting. Trump was, is, and will remain SUPER-beatable, but in the past I’ve underestimated the ability of both parties to piss away a sure-thing election.

The Dems do it more often, thank god.

NHKevin and buckfarack like this.
  7. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

LOL ... Jeb is too fragile. He wont get anywhere ... again.

8. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

The radical left will only promote a minority
    Or a member of the "marginalized" community.

9. daekken

daekken NES Member

I was waiting for someone to say that. How about a combination of these sources saying the majority don't support it? Any of them good enough? The Cato Institute--libertarians, not "MSM"--seem to think so.
    Sure, some of them I wouldn't put much faith in--but this isn't one or two outlets reaching that conclusion.
    • Gallup
    • CNN
    • Fox
    • Time
    • CBS
    • NBC/WSJ
    • CBS
    • ABC
    • PRRI
    • AP
    • TIPP
    • Politico
    • CNBC
    • MTV
    • IBD
    • Washington Post
    • Quinnipiac
    • Monmouth
    • New Models
    • Democracy Corps

upload_2019-4-18_9-21-51.png

Here's Gallup; 26% "Strongly Favor" building the wall as of January 2019, compared to 39% Strongly Opposed:
    upload_2019-4-18_9-25-8.png

10. bigred460

bigred460 NES Life Member NES Member

Ya ok, looking forward to the "deplorable" chant ratcheting up again. LOL!

11. AntiHippie

AntiHippie

One thing we can count on is election fraud on an unprecedented scale. Nobody has really been held accountable yet, and the left is completely unhinged already.

SeanT, Energizer, 10thSFFD and 2 others like this.
  12. Squib308

Squib308 NES Member

that happens every mid-term. it doesn't translate into presidency. if it did then two terms would be rare. on the contrary two term presidencies have become the norm.

buckfarack likes this.
  13. daekken

daekken NES Member

I agreed in principle; Obama lost ground in his midterms and still won. I'm not saying he can't win, I just dispute the poster's notion that he'll win nearly every state except for the the coastal ones and that he'll add to his total. I don't think he wins Michigan and I can see him losing PA as well. If he loses Michigan and PA, he would be at exactly 270 assuming no faithless electors (i.e., assuming he gets the two in Texas that went to Ron Paul and Kasich). There's just very little wiggle room for him.

Look at the map; which of the blue states are going to flip such that he'd increase his total? And will there be enough of them to offset potentially losing PA, Wisconsin, and/or Michigan? I just don't see it. Again, not saying he won't win, but I don't think he increases his state total.
    upload_2019-4-18_10-11-54.png

Mountain likes this.
  14. SKumar

SKumar NES Member

That's the whole basis for the left's push for illegal immigration. They want votes in mass quantity from uneducated non citizens.

15. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

Over 90% of the time the party that has the White House loses both the House and Senate at midterms. Republicans only lost the house this time.

buckfarack likes this.
  16. daekken

daekken NES Member

And after Reagan, all incumbents lost states when going for a second term except George W., who added just one state to his total.

Again, I'm just strictly responding to the earlier claim that he will add to his state total and carry everything except the "major coastal states." Does anyone else really expect him to win Illinois? Or to flip MN who just elected Ilhan Omar?

17. teaser452

teaser452

Most certainly there is election fraud. Seen it with my own eyes in Worcester county.

But then, who cares for a presidential election in Massachusetts? Or NY, CA, Etc etc. even without the election fraud all those states are deep blue.

It’s more concerning here in NC for example. We voted at a 60% clip to require IDs to vote. Sadly, our last governor was so corrupt, Cooper was elected. And he refused to implement the referendum.

In Charlotte and Raleigh, there will be ballot stuffing. It happened last election which is how Cooper won. It’ll happen again in 2020. Same goes for Miami-Dade in Florida. And several other swing states. Wait till you see the ballot stuffing in Wisconsin and MIchigan next time around.

It’s a concern.

18. teaser452

teaser452

Top of my head? Minnesota is in play. Lemme tell you, I have a ton of business contacts in the twin cities. The muzzie the sent to Congress has pissed a lot of people off.

CO, NV and VA are also in play. And he keeps PA and OH easily. Probably MI too.

I’m not really sure how any Dem could beat him.

beach likes this.
  19. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Again...it hasn't stopped. This is the thing that drives me nuts.

I follow a doctor on social media who talks about anti-vaxxers. He did a talk about how getting angry and yelling and demeaning people does nothing to bridge the gap of understanding. He pointed out that instead of just dismissing the other side, you really need to understand the root of their belief. Perhaps THEN you can have a civil dialog about a given topic. Problem is, that takes effort when it is just easier to stay in your own bobble. Both sides are guilty of this. The more you push back, the more they become entrenched.

NHKevin, 10thSFFD and buckfarack like this.
  20. teaser452

teaser452

Actually, only Obama has won re-election with fewer electoral votes than the first time. In the modern era. Clinton and Bush added to their totals.

21. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

I wouldn't give him OH or PA given how the trade war talk and tariffs have hurt farmers and the manufacturing sector. Time will tell though. A lot of the votes that went Trump in 16 were pretty much "Not Hitlary" types. Now that they've seen Trumpsterfire in action, they may not vote for him again.

Is Gary Johnson running again? :)

22. teaser452

teaser452

This has been true for long periods of time.

Not so much today. We don’t disagree on policy issues because one side wants to go one way and the other wants to go a different route. Sort of like fighting the Soviet Union. Both parties stood against the soviets, but they had debates about the best way to defeat them.

Now, we don’t even agree on facts. For example, the FBI spied on the Trump campaign and didn’t tell Trump himself. Fact not opinion. Talk to the average Democrat and their head spins around and says no, no spying. In the face of the facts and admissions. It’s stunning to me. Can’t have a discussion in that environment.

hv55maxx likes this.
  23. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

The problem with that is the left thinks that if you don't agree with them, you don't understand them so they just get louder.

buckfarack likes this.
  24. teaser452

teaser452

I think you’re mistaken. They’ve seen Trump in action and the love him more in PA and OH. Trust me.

buckfarack and beach like this.
  25. daekken

daekken NES Member

As per my post, I was strictly talking number of states, not electoral college totals.

HW Bush - 40 -> 18 (lost re-election)
    Clinton - 32 + DC -> 31 + DC
    GW Bush - 30 -> 31
    Obama - 28 + DC + 1 in Nebraska -> 26 + DC

26. Squib308

Squib308 NES Member

he will add VA, ME and NH. MI will be close and I agree he will probably lose this time. WI i suspect he will again win thanks to wildly unpopular Paul Ryan. MN is now in play as well.

27. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Polls conducted via telephone are meaningless and have been since the advent of Caller ID, cuz working people don't answer calls from numbers they don't know (and even many they do).

Polls via inter-tubes are self-selecting and easily manipulated (something we frequently do here, in fact [grin]) and thus meaningless.

Polls via the mail:

Door-to-door? Who's gonna answer? (I'm not.)

I remember years ago being accosted to do customer surveys at the local mall, but... who goes to malls anymore?

buckfarack likes this.
  28. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

HW Bush lost the election due to taxes. Remember he ran on "read my lips, no new taxes". Then he implemented new taxes. That's why he lost a second term.

29. teaser452

teaser452

Also there was a little squeaky voiced Texan that was a thorn in his side. His running mate was involved in the false flag at the gulf of Tonkin.

Also, wasn’t a good look when your checking your watch during the debates and campaigned with less energy than his son Jeb did. If that’s even possible.

After he lost, it occurred to me that he didn’t want the job any more. And given his affection for Clinton in later years, I think I’m correct in my perception.

30. daekken

daekken NES Member

Again, not disputing that he has a chance (a "good" chance) of winning.
    Not disputing that despite me not caring for him, he is better than every declared Democrat candidate that has a stated 2A opinion that I have read (still waiting on Buttigieg who comes from a conservative state and is a veteran, but not holding my breath; just look at Moulton).

I am skeptical of the claim that he will increase the total number of states and that he will carry all but the major coastal ones. Illinois has gone blue since 1992, although I'll grant the fact that for two of those elections the candidate was from that state.