Theoretical lawsuit

I only wish there was a lawsuit in the works to challenge all the NFA stuff :(

As much as I love my Ak and my AR - they are neutered (not FA), which is wrong on so many levels.

I have a ALP, but, when I mentioned a green card to my chief, he flatly said "no way." They are certainly banned for me.

Whats an ALP?
If you are talking about some kind of machinegun, there is an easy way around his sign-off via the use of a revocable trust.
When I buy or make an NFA weapon now its as easy as filling out a form 4 or form 1 respectively. No fingerprints, no Chief Law Enforcement Signoff, NOTHING. Its a beautiful thing.

The problem with these asshat CLEOs is that they don't want to sign as a political statement. What their signing simply says that there are no municipal laws banning the NFA item in question and that you are not, to the best of their knowledge a prohibited person.

Whats an ALP?
If you are talking about some kind of machinegun, there is an easy way around his sign-off via the use of a revocable trust.
When I buy or make an NFA weapon now its as easy as filling out a form 4 or form 1 respectively. No fingerprints, no Chief Law Enforcement Signoff, NOTHING. Its a beautiful thing.

The problem with these asshat CLEOs is that they don't want to sign as a political statement. What their signing simply says that there are no municipal laws banning the NFA item in question and that you are not, to the best of their knowledge a prohibited person.

is just a pistol carry permit. I thought about going the trust route, but I've read there's some controversy over it here in MA at least? Eventually, I will get a lawyer and give it a shot. I certainly don't have the cash for a 20K M16, but I'd at least like to have an SBR :(

..I thought about going the trust route, but I've read there's some controversy over it here in MA at least? Eventually, I will get a lawyer and give it a shot. I certainly don't have the cash for a 20K M16, but I'd at least like to have an SBR :(

problem with trusts/corps/etc in MA is you still need a "green card" to possess MG's, and obviously MOST chiefs who issue "green cards" will also sign off...however if all you are after is SBR's (and/or AOW's and/or DD's) and you can't get a sign off, trusts/corps/etc will work fine in MA [grin]

PS. look around plenty of REAL M16's under 12K right now, and you can find RR conversions for under 10 if you look...now is a great time to get into NFA if you have the spare $$$, market has dipped a bit due to people hitting hard times...

Hughes was voted down, but Charlie Rangle deemed it passed and it was included in the final bill. Where was the NRA? Oh yeah, I forgot, they don't really support Class 3 issues.

Don

They called me once asking for money, and i told them to stop demonizing class 3, and that they are trying so hard to show the difference between semi auto and full auto, they make full auto out to be evil. i saw wayne lapeirre on some show and helmke straight up asked him about full auto in regards to civilain ownership, wayne couldnt answer, just kept changing the subject.

Whats an ALP?

In MA even if you have a trust or an LLC/corporation to put the guns under to dodge the signoff requirement, you still need to have an MG License issued by the chief, which means he still, effectively, at least has to sign off on that. Obviously this doesn't apply for things like SBRs, but in the case of a machine gun it certainly does.

-Mike

I agree that it should not be cost prohibitive, but some common sense hurdles would be ok. I just don't want 18 year old kids walking in and buying a fire arm, especially in the northeast where we don't have a strong culture of hunting and fire arms. It is a slippery slope.

Uhh, you are aware, right, that, even in MA, an 18 year old can get an FID card, and walk into a gun store and buy a 12 gauge shotgun or an M1 Garand, right? I'm failing to see what the problem is here. BTW, this is the case in most states, as Federal law sets the age bracket for long arm/shotgun purchase from an FFL at 18 years of age. There may be some states that effectively make long gun possession 21+, but I'm not aware of any offhand. I think even 110% commie states like NY and NJ are 18 for rifles/shotguns.

This BS notional of "there will be blood in the streets without gun laws" is just that.... it's pure BS.

You want to know how the gun laws in MA got to where they are now? Someone like you, said "You know, there oughtta be a law, some common sense hurdles in place, because guns are dangerous... blah blah blah" so something was passed, and that thing eventually mutated into the pile of s**t we have now. [thinking]

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and gun laws are one of the top ten examples of that.

-Mike

Uhh, you are aware, right, that, even in MA, an 18 year old can get an FID card, and walk into a gun store and buy a 12 gauge shotgun or an M1 Garand, right? I'm failing to see what the problem is here. BTW, this is the case in most states, as Federal law sets the age bracket for long arm/shotgun purchase from an FFL at 18 years of age. There may be some states that effectively make long gun possession 21+, but I'm not aware of any offhand. I think even 110% commie states like NY and NJ are 18 for rifles/shotguns.

This BS notional of "there will be blood in the streets without gun laws" is just that.... it's pure BS.

You want to know how the gun laws in MA got to where they are now? Someone like you, said "You know, there oughtta be a law, some common sense hurdles in place, because guns are dangerous... blah blah blah" so something was passed, and that thing eventually mutated into the pile of s**t we have now. [thinking]

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and gun laws are one of the top ten examples of that.

-Mike

If not the top example of it.

Back
Top Bottom