Ammo purchase

• Thread starter Deleted member 22390
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22390

Say I live in MA and bought 500 rounds of lawman 9mm 115gr for 120$

Last edited by a moderator:
It's legal to have it shipped to MA, but the AG has bullied enough vendors that they won't do it.

There is nothing whatsoever wrong in any sense, legally or morally, with what you describe.

Is $0.24/round a good deal for 115gr 9mm these days? Yeesh!

<old codger>
when I was a boy, 9mm was 7 cents a round if you bought it from the range, and the cheap stuff was 4.5cents! .22 were about a penny each!

Kids these days!

Get off my lawn!
</old codger>

$0.24/round seems like a not very interesting price to me, I think Winchester White Box at Wally World in Nashua is $23/100, no tax, no waiting for shipping. But you do have to drive up there.

ehhh 5$ difference, and I think the lawman ammo is better quality than winchester white box, iv heard / read some bad stuff about it. But I guess ill just go up to NH next time! On a MA note the wally world up the street from me has federal 9mm 12.99 per 50 so I saved about 20 bucks or so including sales tax

It's really sad that people have to question these kind of things

gatta love MA. Have to admit. I feel a little naughty ;) .. well I did before I found out its not illegal :( well atleast I stiffed em on sales tax!

I got a 1000 round case of Lawman 9mm a while back. It gave me a lot of problems in my Ruger pistols (SR9 and LC9) but it runs fine through my Hi Point Carbine.

I ordered it online, and I don't remember the exact price, but I don't think it was a whole lot cheaper than the Federal value packs at WM. I am sticking with the Federal from now on.

Just picked up 1000 rnds of 115gr 9mm for $196 [dance]

I just got 124gr 9mm for the same price.

churchlady.gif

I got a 1000 round case of Lawman 9mm a while back. It gave me a lot of problems in my Ruger pistols (SR9 and LC9) but it runs fine through my Hi Point Carbine.

I ordered it online, and I don't remember the exact price, but I don't think it was a whole lot cheaper than the Federal value packs at WM. I am sticking with the Federal from now on.

well it is a ruger lol

People ask because it is not clear leagal or not!
I go nuts useing the search feature it never seems to find info I'm looking for.
Go ahead find ammo online if its axprice you like buy it.
I have saved a good amount of money shopping on line. Only for the sad reason I just do not find what I want locally for the prices I'm willing to pay.

I just loaded 1000 rounds of 147gr 9mm for less than $45 $27 for primers, $10 for powder and a couple bucks for casting free lead.

Dave

You beat me to it. Can't beat the price of reloading. And since you are doing it yourself (correctly), you know the quality of the ammo.

It's really sad that people have to question these kind of things

Yep. IT ISN'T ILLEGAL TO SHIP AMMO TO MA. Sorry for the caps but it's getting rediculous. Gun sites just don't want to deal with the AG and I don't blame then. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire. That being said, do what you want, ship it to NH and go pick it up. No big deal, go out and have some fun. [wink]

Sounds like a shitty deal. That’s $12/box for Lawman. Unless it’s $8-9 I’d pass. Federal or similar is ok @ $10. All I can say is look harder for better deal. You might need to wait for a deal, but I do not reload 9mm (too much work) and I have yet to pay over $9.40/box (excluding SD ammo).

I just loaded 1000 rounds of 147gr 9mm for less than $45 $27 for primers, $10 for powder and a couple bucks for casting free lead.

Dave

And on the subject of primers I am thinking about stocking up to avoid the fiasco we had after the last election. Anybody else feel the same?

You're probably too late already.

What are you talking about? Currently there is no problem with getting reloading supply. I just bought powder and primers. I have not needed bullets or cases, but they too seem available at a reasonable price. The ammo is available too and although deals are not overly plentiful, you can find them here and there. Case in point, $150 for 270 rds of KA 30-06 in a 30 cal can. I reload 30-06 and KA is corrosive, but $0.56/rd is reasonable for those who do not reload. Plus KA brass is reloadable. I have plenty of 03-06 or otherwise I might have gotten a can to pull the bullets and reload these to my specs. I’ve seen similar deals on 308, 5.56 and 9mm. Will they be gone in a month? Maybe, but right now it is not too late.

Back
Top Bottom