was that guy from WIPE CLUB shouting:

"WHAT THE F$%$! FIFTY DKP MINUS! "

lol.

-Mike

J

JellyFish

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Heh,heh. She's not that hard once you get used to her but beware...even experienced groups will sometimes wipe if people aren't paying attention. I've seen it happen before, she can be a real bitch.

But I like the fact that you don't have to clear craploads of trash mobs to get to her. Just a few and then you're good to go to get some nice loot. The instances like MC, BWL, etc. take too long. I doubt I'll ever see Naxx or AQ 40 since you have to sit through the others to get to that one.

I think Blizzard needs to make more smaller instances for 5 man groups. They don't have to make them easy to do but they do need more of them and they should provide equivalent loot so folks that aren't in raid groups have a shot at getting some nice stuff.

SKS Ray

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm a Call of Duty United Offensive man myself, and a member of DBB. We run one of the highest ranked modern weapon's servers and are coming out with a new mod soon featuring Remington 700 and Dragunov sniper rifles, silenced MP5s, G3 rifles, etc.
In the world of computer gaming... If I can't play against you online and shoot you from 150+ meters in the head with an open sight 03 Springfield while you're running across an open field on Foy, then I ain't playing it.[smile]

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was an old Counter Strike junkie. Tell me more about Call of Duty. Is the gameplay similar? Come wintertime I will pick the games up again but there is so much to do durring the summer.

SKS Ray

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Call of Duty is a WW2 first person shooter. It broke ground by being one of the first games to allow you to right click and look down the rifle's iron sights rather than relying on a crosshair cursor. The original game came out quite a few years ago, and the expansion pack United Offensive came out maybe 2 or 3 years ago. United Offensive lets you drive tanks, jeeps, and some people have created mods to allow other vehicles like motorcycles, half tracks, troop transport trucks, etc.
There are realism servers with 1 sniper per team, 2 medics, 2 heavy machine gunners, etc. standard soldier classes. Then there are sniper only servers, and other that allow all weapons. Some servers are modded to use modern weapons like the one I play on, but they're mixed in with classic WW2 weapons like M1 Carbines, K98s, Mosin Nagants, etc.
Call of Duty 2 is a diferent game that stands on its own engine and has high end graphics that are pretty demanding on the average computer. I have trouble running it on mine, but can run the first 2 games (COD and COD UO) just fine.
I'm pretty sure you can download Call of Duty demos for the first game and for United Offensive off some internet sites.

J

JellyFish

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hmmmm...maybe I'll check that out. I've heard of it but I never tried playing it. Don't they have some expansions for it now?

I'm a Call of Duty United Offensive man myself, and a member of DBB. We run one of the highest ranked modern weapon's servers and are coming out with a new mod soon featuring Remington 700 and Dragunov sniper rifles, silenced MP5s, G3 rifles, etc.
In the world of computer gaming... If I can't play against you online and shoot you from 150+ meters in the head with an open sight 03 Springfield while you're running across an open field on Foy, then I ain't playing it.[smile]

SKS Ray

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hmmmm...maybe I'll check that out. I've heard of it but I never tried playing it. Don't they have some expansions for it now?
Nope, just the ones mentioned (COD and COD UO) and COD2. There are patches available for download for online multiplayer use though. Best thing is the game never gets old because someone is always modding a new gametype like SWAT, German Front, or Revolt. Its like playing a whole new game with every new mod. Same game play, just new weapons, suroundings, and player skins depending on what mod it is. For example SWAT is all urban combat.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I used to play CS Source (Herein referred to as Crappy S*itty) but I vowed
to just about never play it again after the game ripped me off a few
times.

I am -NOT- a quick to anger person, let's put it that way... but one night
while playing CS I was so pissed at the game that I managed to take my mouse
and smash it into the corner of the wall. One of the wires in the mouse
shorted and blew out the entire USB header on my computer. My computer
still works, but I had had to put in an add in card to get it back into
operation. At that point I made up my mind that I was tired of getting
ripped off by the broken gun combat model in the game.

I had one incident where a guy was coming up a ladder and I had to empty an
entire magazine into the player to kill him. (I was standing on top of the
ladder!) That's just wrong. On top of that it didnt even register the kill
as a headshot.

Then there was another incident where I hit a guy with the AK about
20 times, and he didnt die, I went dry, he turned around and shot me twice
with a pistol and I was dead. Most of my shots were hits. The body
armor apparently works a little too well sometimes.

Sometimes the game acts "reasonable" but more often than not you're
gettin screwed. I hate most of the maps, too, with the exception of
office. They're all set up to be deathtraps or "race condition" maps.

ROFL... I still play CS occasionally, but I go in with the expectation that
at any give moment im going to be RIPPED OFF by the game :) .

At least in WOW when somebody dies, the conbat is generally
numbers based, so even in PVP when someone dies, its for a relatively
explainable reason. :)

One game I used to really enjoy was Raven Shield. Problem is that UBI SOFT
sucks hard and doesnt support their product really well, and the game
doesnt really function on my PC anymore with any amount of
stability. (patches broke the game, methinks) It was great fun doing terrorist hunts
with friends or even shooting one another up in deathmatch. And the GCM in that game was
superb.... at least if you hit someone with a rifle bullet, it HURT.

-Mike

J

JellyFish

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ha, ha. I pulled a Leroy Jenkins in ZG with my warlock one time. The guild was taking FOREVER to get ready for the panther boss. So I warned them if they didn't get their shit together I was going to bang the gong and summon the boss. Well they didn't so I kept inching closer and closer to the gong...and some of them were like "OMFG, is he going to actually do it?"

At that point my warlock screamed out "BANG A GONG, GET IT ON!!!!!!!" and I hit the gong and summoned the boss. My guildies went nuts trying to deal with the boss. Needless to say we wiped and I was roundly cursed by my guildies. LOL

Then another time, we were doing Onyxia (that big dragon in the pic) and I used my warlock's spell Eye of Kilrogg. Well the eye of killrog is a little floating eyeball that a warlock can use to spy on mobs or enemy players with. Unfortunately blizzard had just released a patch that screwed up the stealth so the eye of killrog had a HUGE aggro radius (meaning it would pull mobs way more than before the patch).

I sent it over to peer at Onyxia and all of a sudden she stands up, roars and does a beeline right for the entire raid. I scream "GET OUT!!! RUN OUT NOW!!!!! SHE BEEN AGGRO'D" to my guildies and everybody starts trying to haul ass out of the tunnel in front of her chamber.

Nobody made it. [smile]

My guildies were NOT happy with me. [rofl]

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
re: Leroy

ROFL....

I've been through the Rookery. I personally havent tripped off
an egg in there, but it is easy for someone to do it. On every 5-man
through that place people have tripped off a few eggs.

There was much controversy as to wether or not Leroy's rampage was
more or less staged. I think what happened was someone asked something
like "Hey, what would happen if you ran in there and set off as many eggs
as possible?"

And then, it became an internet meme. The audio is the best
part though..... "FRIED CHICKEN!"

J

JellyFish

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yeah, it probably was staged but it was hilarious nonetheless. LOL

The rookery can be a pain in the ass. I hate running that instance in general though, it is soooooooooooooooo boring. I'd rather PVP for equipment and skip it entirely.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Rofl just got out of a quick BWL run.

I got lucky and won Stormrage Bracers, they dropped off Razorgore.
Then we did Vael and cut off the raid for the nite.

Whole thing was pretty expedient, only took about an hour, if that.... wiped
twice on razorgore, then nailed himi the third time. Vaelastraz got ONE
SHOTTED but it was a really bizarre sort of win, more ppl died than
usual.

Ugh... now off to bed... too... late.

-Mike

J

JellyFish

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Ooooooo, nice! Congrats man!!! [grin]

Rofl just got out of a quick BWL run.

I got lucky and won Stormrage Bracers, they dropped off Razorgore.
Then we did Vael and cut off the raid for the nite.

Whole thing was pretty expedient, only took about an hour, if that.... wiped
twice on razorgore, then nailed himi the third time. Vaelastraz got ONE
SHOTTED but it was a really bizarre sort of win, more ppl died than
usual.

Ugh... now off to bed... too... late.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok guys, what server?

I am on Kirin'to (RP, got a 51 NE Hunter and a Tauren Hunter) as well as Ursin (PK Server). On the PK side me and the gf got a nice little guild going with lots of starter people so in time we will have a decent sized guild of 50-60's.

As far as FPS go, hands down the best one IMHO is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. Moddable and customizable for the ballistics table (we were tired of the .50 cal sniper being a wimpy round where if you got winged with it you died).

Top Bottom